• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heat

I have to hand it to you guys that were in the Mid East. Thank you for your service.......

Myself I never could stand the heat. Always loved the winter as you could escape the heat by going inside. Working in a garage in and out of oil grease and dirt, the only relief was a test drive in a customer's car. Later it would be working as an LEO and that hot ballistic vest. Thankful that we had AC in the car, just to dry off the sweat. Worst was while in SWAT, with an even heavier ballistic vest with black BDUs on, charging up dark stairs, and kicking down a door. Then being in a garbage smelling inner city rat hole of an apartment, standing security till vice could secure the scene. After retirement at fifty four, I went on to servicing commercial signs and lights. That to was hot work too. More than once I came close to heat stroke out in that direct sunlight. At sixty-six I had it, been retired for a year now. And yes I have AC in my garage..... Life is good.

Those of you that are or retired COPS, I gotta hand it to ya!! That vest does make ya sweat like pig! Thanks for keeping the community you serve SAFE!!

image.jpeg
Cooking the Hemi. Went to 105. Unheard of here.

No you don't, the END IS HERE!!!!!

EEK--the end is now??? Should I run screaming in a panic?

I see lots of folks doing just that and that contribution is not only without a value it is a huge problem that just adds fuel to a harmful fire we all feel the heat from.

Okay, so much for East Coast "heat"
Edwards AFB and California City hit a whopping 114 degrees Saturday and Sunday
All week long it will be above 108

EEK--the end is now??? Should I run screaming in a panic?

I see lots of folks doing just that and that contribution is not only without a value it is a huge problem that just adds fuel to a harmful fire we all feel the heat from.
Was kidding.

For mere humans, a parasite on this planet, to presume to understand how global climate works is ludicrous. There must be billions of variables involved. If we understood it that well we would be managing it ourselves and creating the weather we want, or rather, using it as a weapon like everything else we discover.

you ever visit hell its hot there :(

Last edited:
I retired from the Highway Patrol after 25 years. Luckily I could stay in my car for a lot of the time BUT on the tarman investigating a wreck or two at rush hour was brutal. No fun at all...Ice storms were bad too....I feel for all you guys that work outside with no shelter.

110 is forecast here in Hanford today.

Auto Transport Service
Back