• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hell Cat verses Tesla electric

That must be THE shittiest excuse of a launch I've ever seen....

It stated it was the driver of the Hellcat's first ever Pass.

That said, although not something I'd ever want, those electric cars are no joke and one could argue it's advantage of how it distributes the power (ramping up, multiple engines) with a total combined (what did the article say?) 690 hp!

Aren't the Hellcat's supposed to run 10 flat right out of the dealership? not on those tires!

Taxpayers should help pay the cost of Hellcats too. Bullshit article with pic of the smashed Challenger too.

The Tesla IS NOT funded by U.S tax dollars and it is built in Calif. The Michigan governor would not allow them to be sold direct in his state. I think this has since changed. Just a little FYI.

inally Published: October 21, 2014 2:29 PM Modified: October 24, 2014 12:36 PM

Snyder signs bill blocking Tesla direct sales in Michigan

By Chris Gautz

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. ; )

The Tesla manufacturing facility is located in Fremont Calif and they were never funded with taxpayer dollars.(unlike Fisker) They did however receive a $465 million loan from the Department of Energy which was repaid in full in 2013.

Hellcat would have beat the Tesla if it would have not lost traction.

The electric cars are still in their infancy stages. They have a huge advantage over gas powered vehicles. Instant and linear torque being powered to all 4 wheels. It won't be long until you see a production Tesla running a 9 second quarter mile and with relative ease.

Look at what a "back yard" mechanic is doing with a little 1972 Datsun and a Horse Power (conversion) rating of about 300.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVTIpS5zb4

Dennis I would take your car over a Tesla or a Hellcat. any day. I'm done with new cars. The future is electronic and some day they will track your location, limit your speed automatically issue you citations for any infractions and be linked to your bank account for the state to recover the funds. The only thing our old cars are missing is a good cup holder.

What do they mean world record or was that the Tesla's second pass at that speed. Guess I am asking has the 2 pass rule been discarded? No doubt we will someday be driving electric cars it has only taken them what 100 years to get this far. This only show us what the Hellcat would be like driving without all the electronics to me it is no longer racing a combustion engine and the seat of you pants. Let take the computers out of both cars and go to the track.

High performance cars & low performance drivers...

Looked to me like it was the first time he ever drove a car (Hellcat driver). Left a day late too, probably a promotion type of stunt...

It's just too bad that an experienced driver wasn't doing the run. I didn't see, was it an auto or 6-speed? Should have won either way. Even with only two wheel drive, the Dodge is lighter and more powerful.

Are you sure the Hellcat is the lighter vehicle? Also HP ratings of electrical engines are different than internal combustion. Has this been taken into account? Just which is more powerful with the same cost of fuel? I am no fan of electric vehicles but I don't think they are not going to fade in to the sunset like they did 100 years ago. Also the fact that the Telsa is not a high performace vehicle in the first place it does have a better wheel to weight distribution with 4 wheel drive when battery or alternate electrical fuels become available our fossil fuel monsters will be history. Denying this would be like sticking your head in the sand and saying the sun is not shining.

The Tesla is 4600 lbs, I hope the Hellcat is lighter. As for not being high performance, I think Tesla thinks otherwise. The Model S is available in four different levels, the bottom two having just one motor and two wheel drive (Front). The second motor in the rear is labelled "Rear High Performance Motor" in their literature and website. Tesla already had a pretty zippy car with one motor, the second one was for fun. The 3.2 second 0-60 brag is on their page too. They knew they'd be getting a lot of automotive press out of this car.

Auto Transport Service
Back