• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hell Cat verses Tesla electric

I can buy 2 Hellcats for the price of one Tesla. I can drive the Hellcat through any road or backcountry 2 lane. Tesla I have to follow a route where I can charge it. A splash of gas and I'm ready to run another race. How long would it take to charge the tesla battery. Wait until you have to replace the battery pack out of warranty in the Tesla. When a Tesla can run the Hot Rod Power Tour then I will be impressed.

Your fooling yourself if you do not believe that day will not come. Their auto plant is not tied to an electrical grid just how long do you think the car will be?

As long as the extension cord. Gross Poluter using coal-fired power for charging. Then the battery can lay in a land fill for many years. It is a feel-good dream of the Libs.

I'm not a liberal, but I do feel good about extremely hard accelerating cars. Long extension cords don't matter to me as I do very little cross-country driving. Presently, I gas up every three or four weeks but if I had a quick electric car I'll admit that I might do more spirited driving, and do it more often.

Not everyone uses power from a coal fired plant. It's mostly hydro-electric where I live. But taking the average that includes coal, oil, natural gas etc. the average electric car contributes less than a gasoline car for every 100 miles. I didn't think that most people on a forum like this were really worried about emissions. :)

There's no reason for the battery to end up in a land fill, they have value and it would be like throwing out a wallet that still had money in it. If it was dumped, having no heavy metals or toxic materials the Tesla energy storage system can legally be put there but Tesla already has extensive re-use plans for the batteries. http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/mythbusters-part-3-recycling-our-non-toxic-battery-packs

There are two daily drivers in my household (used to be more but the kids moved away). One has a V-8, the other is a 6 cylinder/hybrid. The V8 car is smaller and lighter and fun to drive. The hybrid (my wife's) is heavier, gets better mileage and accelerates significantly harder. She would beat me in a stop light race.

If it were to be possible to add electric motors to my road runner, say electric wheel hubs like this http://cleantechnica.com/2013/04/17/proteans-in-wheel-electric-motors-coming-to-market-in-2014/ then I'd certainly look into it. I'm not looking to start engineering something new, but if there was a kit that included the motors, batteries and controllers and didn't cost the moon, I'd be up for it. At least it would be an alternative to a $16,000 hemi, and I'd have all four wheels scooting the car along. But I don't think it's going to happen for quite awhile, if ever.

I still want to see a rematch where the Challenger has a good driver and decent traction!

I'm not a liberal, but I do feel good about extremely hard accelerating cars.

I'm certainly not a "liberal" and actually own one of these Electric Cars. I also own a 1970 Hemicuda, a 1970 440 Challenger, a 1970 Boss 302, a 1969 Ram Air Fire-bird, a 1969 Trans Am Fire-bird, a 2014 Z51 Corvette and a few other "Gas" powered Cars. (We also manufacture the Assembly Line Decals for some of these Electric vehicles.) Some here have no idea what they are talking about and are providing nothing more than their limited view and opinion about the topic. I GUARANTEE that the next version of Tesla that is coming out will blow away ANY of the new era "Muscle Cars" from zero to sixty & quarter mile. Like it or not, it's coming!

Coal fired power plants are projected to continue to be the largest single source of energy in US through 2040.

Moe Howard was driving the hellcat!:iamwithstupid:

cm9070MoeHowardLicense__86907.1410918884.1280.1280.jpg

a little redemption anyway

For more redemption google mats 2015 hellcat vs. tesla

I like how the article ends:

If there’s a takeaway to be had here, it’s that both cars are blisteringly quick, both will plaster your noggin against the headrest, and both are fairly evenly matched. All you need to decide is whether you want to fill up at a gas pump or from an outlet.

I guess you don't need to know about the $60,000 price difference to make your decision. :)

I'm simple. I don't give a rat's *** about a Tesla, or any other electric car.

Sorry but I just don't see the cost savings with Electric cars or Solar Power. Until I can get a used electric car for less than 10,000 dollars and It can go as far as my pickup does fuel wise and not take an hour to charge up. I might think about getting one.

I wouldn't mind building an electric drag car. Take a Neon, a late '70s Colt or Arrow, or a D-50/Mitsu pickup; all which weigh very little overall, and fit any of them with an electric motor and battery pack, and it's "Katy, bar the door!". Recently, I got to see a 1985 Chevy S10 electric truck that a local guy built. He has timeslips in the 10s with this truck! It's very impressive to see run. Plus, he uses it to drive to and from work periodically. He says he has less than five grand in the truck total! Not bad for a race toy that is street-legal and fully functional, IMO. Yeah, he can't drive it to Dallas, but that is not what he built it for.

I wonder how many 1/4 mile runs you can get out of a Tesla before the battery drains?

Auto Transport Service
Back