• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey FBBO Members......

Well said 6t6slodart:
As spoken by the "Great" Ricky Nelson in his song: Garden Party
True story on how he played Madison Square Garden in the 80s and no one wanted to hear his new songs...

Ricky Nelson + Garden Party:
LYRICS: I went to a garden party to reminisce with my old friends
A chance to share old memories and play our songs again
When i got to the garden party, they all knew my name
No one recognized me, i didn't look the same

But it's all right now, i learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself

People came from miles around, everyone was there
Yoko brought her walrus, there was magic in the air
'n' over in the corner, much to my surprise
Mr. Hughes hid in dylan's shoes wearing his disguise

AND THEN LET UR PILOT KILL ALL OF U CAUSE UR ALL DOING DRUGS!

DAM, did I start all this ??

its-all-your-fault.jpg

@FrnkNsteen nothing wrong with being on a budget, I said it in a quote because they want a premium repair at a budget cost. Not sure where you are from but the A body guys I run into spent their last dime on a car and want some everything fixed at a used car lot price. There’s a reason why the A body they bought needs attention when it was “restored” 5 years prior to buying it, budget build means you’re gonna do it again. This is a very broad subject to talk about, I’m referring to the body part. As a reminder, these are the A body folks in my area, not the entire A body crowd. :drinks:

I get what you're saying, but I have seen the Bbody guys doing that too. I think the reason you might see more Abody guys doing it is because the initial investment in Bbodies is typically higher. For those who don't have the extra income to put towards a project car, the Abody world is typically a little cheaper to get into. Costs are about the same once you get going though. I learned quick on my Charger build how expensive the little things can get, and I don't think some people understand that..... in either the Bbodies or the Abodies.

FrnkNsteen;
To each there own. At least at this point you now know I’ll stop on the side of the road during a windy, cold & raining November day to help you out.

Good to hear that man! :) I'd do the same for you! You know I was only giving you some grief!:rolleyes:

Maybe people that build less expensive cars sometimes have an inferiority complex?
I have only owned 2 B body cars but almost 30 A bodies. The nicest B is my Charger, the nicest A has been my 74 Duster that I modified to appear like a 71 Duster 340.
The Charger has always been considered a keeper while the various A body cars have less sentimental value.
1.JPG
120.JPG

What if i cried every time someone put down Fords or Chevys. Yep, I've got 'em. Couple of Pontiac's too.

I grew up Mopar. Learned on my mom's Satellite and my Dad's Newport. I'd worked since I was 13, first for a neighbor who was a lawn guy, then for a grocery store through high school, detasseled corn in summer. My folks made save for a car. So when I was 16 I found a 'Cuda. Liked it a lot. Then had a deal on a Charger and traded the 'Cuda. Then bought a Road Runner. I like the bigger cars. Always like Chevelles over Camaros, etc. However, enventually I moved on and have owned Chevys, Pontiacs, Jeeps, and yes, 2 Fords (fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice...). I just like cars. My wife and I had a running rule, can't own the same model twice. Now, I'm back to the beginning. To keep the rule in place, I bought the Super Bee. I'm also looking at older pickups and going the straight 6 route.

I really just like to see people working on their cars. I don't care if you have a Hooptie. If an owner is putting money in their car, sorta means they care. While some builds aren't my shot of Maker's, I want to encourage people to do their thing. Have fun and celebrate The Car, their car. Too many folks demonizing the car these days. Find a old car, love it back to life.

Last edited:
I currently have 3 Pontiacs
1. "1967" Pontiac LeMans convertible, 4-speed car! AC Car!
2. "1967" GTO awaiting resto as soon as I retire from the D.O.D
3. "1968" Pontiac firebird, original 400 CI, Turbo 400 trans along with a set of Uber Rare *RA II (96) heads

*That is Pontiac Speak for a set of heads more expensive that a set of Hemi heads...

3. "1968" Pontiac firebird, original 400 CI, Turbo 400 trans along with a set of Uber Rare *RA II (96) heads

*That is Pontiac Speak for a set of heads more expensive that a set of Hemi heads...

Uh oh I under stood all that ! Guess I played with the Pontiac s a bit to much in the past !
I would kill for a goat or judge but not over my charger . Nice line up

Uh oh I under stood all that ! Guess I played with the Pontiac s a bit to much in the past !
I would kill for a goat or judge but not over my charger . Nice line up

We all know what P.O.N.T.I.A.C stands for.

I'll take a Buick GSX please.

We all know what P.O.N.T.I.A.C stands for.
Poor
Old
Nimrod
Thinks
Its
A
Chevy
.......................................................................................................................
Poor
Old
Nerd
Thinks
Its
A
Cadillac
.........................................................................................................................
Person
On
Novacaine
Thinks
Its
A
Camaro

Keep going, you were close on the 2nd guess

Disagree? Really?
I am aware of the acronym you mention...WE have all heard the other one. I didn't want to incur the wrath of those that might be pissed by the joke.

It's rhetorical. I didn't expect an answer.
Ford has a dozen or more acronyms.
Only one for Pontiac though

I get what you're saying, but I have seen the Bbody guys doing that too. I think the reason you might see more Abody guys doing it is because the initial investment in Bbodies is typically higher. For those who don't have the extra income to put towards a project car, the Abody world is typically a little cheaper to get into. Costs are about the same once you get going though. I learned quick on my Charger build how expensive the little things can get, and I don't think some people understand that..... in either the Bbodies or the Abodies.

Good to hear that man! :) I'd do the same for you! You know I was only giving you some grief!:rolleyes:

I`ll stop if I can, for any old car having trouble on the side of the road. Just stopped last week for a guy in a 51 chevy.

Poor
Old
Nimrod
Thinks
Its
A
Chevy
.......................................................................................................................
Poor
Old
Nerd
Thinks
Its
A
Cadillac
.........................................................................................................................
Person
On
Novacaine
Thinks
Its
A
Camaro

Ha Ha
Hilarious guys!
I had NEVER heard these sayings....
Kool!

Auto Transport Service