• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I had a low engine oil pressure problem...

racedodge

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
and this is what I found resting at the bottom of my oil pan. Not sure how or why it did this. tube was seated nice and tight in the threaded hole on the engine block.... just amazing.

any ideas as to the cause?

Attachments

• 100_0483A.jpg
    100_0483A.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_0484A.jpg
    100_0484A.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 100_0485A.jpg
    100_0485A.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 199
I always put a small tack weld to hold in place so they don't vibrate out. It could have been costly if the motor came a part.

maybe it got clipped by the crankshaft?

very good point.. thanks bob.. bet that was it. I didnt put the engine together as it came with the car I bought. Sure that probably took place on engine break-in. Can't imagine how they didnt catch it then and if they did, why they didnt investigate the problem.

I always put a small tack weld to hold in place so they don't vibrate out. It could have been costly if the motor came a part.

well, the rod bearings and mains are well worn, but not so bad to ruin the crankshaft altogether. Whoever put the engine together used silicone on the threads of the pickup tube, I bet they just didnt align it correct as Bob stated.

Auto Transport Service
Back