• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If You Grew Up in the 1970s – You Remember...

Yes sir, I sure do - vividly so these days, seems like.
My banana seat Sears Schwinn-ripoff bike even had a sissy bar. Way cool, man.

I often lament that generations to come weren't able to grow up like we did;
I believe we were the last of the generations left to our own imaginations and devices
as kids - oh, and none of us were deprived of a damn thing due to lack of a cell phone.

Born in 51, Im a little more partial to growing up in the 50s and 60s. It was a great time to be a kid or teenager.

Born in 49 here. The 60's and 70's were great years to grow up in. Lots of fun, would not mind repeating those years.

I had to drive my teenage daughter to work yesterday. On the way, I spotted 3 teen boys on bikes with finishing poles. Rare occurrence around here. Nice to see! I’m glad to know that not all kids will be spending their summer glued to their phones and/or video games. I grew up in the late seventies/early eighties, my friends and I were never home during the entire day during the summer and most weekends, for that matter.

1958 here so that film lands close to home. Lol , We were running wild Through the 60s and 70s.
I have to toss in one more generation.
Our kids lived the same life in the 80s around here anyway.
Thanks RC great video :thumbsup:

I think maybe electronics have basically destroyed our quality of life in many ways. There's no going back though.

What a great time we all had as kids, our neighborhood had i guess about 25 to 30 kids within a few blocks, but there where about 10 of us that rode our bikes up and down the streets stopping at someone's house and yelling their name to come out.

Me and my best bud Keith where the local bike mechanics and took care of most anything, at that time I rode a grey ghost.
Btw, Keith aka mouse is the guy that I bought my gtx from in 1979.

I realy wish kids today could have it so good, but they just don't know how!

And people didn't lock their front door.
Bought my first house at 24 years old, never locked my door ever, my cars also.
Started locking stuff after I got married, my wife came from Italy where petty crimes where very common, made her nervous so that's when.

Class of '57 here:
Thanks for the memories RC !!
Life was simple and good in the 60's & '70's.

Rode my Stingray everywhere until the street lights came on.
Hot Dogs on the grill, Koolaid & Hi-C, swimming all day until your skin shriveled up.
Drank that beautiful "Hose Water" when that hose was sitting in the sun all day, tasted great !!!
We never locked doors or cars, didn't need too.
Left my bike everywhere, never got stolen.
Rode my bike by myself all the time, nobody worried about that.
Cops just drove around most of the time, nothing to do !!!

It's a little different now.....

I got on my 64 Schwinn Stingray the other day and rode it for a short distance. I don't remember it being so hard to pedal and I don't remember my knee joints hurting so much. Hmm. Lol.

I feel like I was in that video. This is right around 1970.

20170830_133440.jpg

Born in 51, Im a little more partial to growing up in the 50s and 60s. It was a great time to be a kid or teenager.
Also was born in 51 but moved away from home at 18 and had a good paying job so there was no worries except for the draft.....
I had to drive my teenage daughter to work yesterday. On the way, I spotted 3 teen boys on bikes with finishing poles. Rare occurrence around here. Nice to see! I’m glad to know that not all kids will be spending their summer glued to their phones and/or video games. I grew up in the late seventies/early eighties, my friends and I were never home during the entire day during the summer and most weekends, for that matter.
The 60's was my bike time....and we went places that were many miles away! It was nothing to ride 10 miles out just to go mess around lol.
And people didn't lock their front door.
I did! My cousin lived next door and he was a bit of an ahole and maybe a bit crazy too. He would go just about into anyone's house just to look around and he wasn't shy about taking something that caught his eye. The brat was 3 years younger than me and he had no thought about not picking on me. After 2 'events' he tried again and that time I beat his *** good and that was it out him....and we still don't talk today lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back