• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foods that you tried ONCE but never again...

I love spicy food but if something is blazing hot but has no flavor, I don't see the point.
Mom was born in Tennessee and she grew up eating and cooking food southern style.
We ate a lot of food fried in oil or butter. I'm surprised I wasn't 300 lbs by the time I left home.
Rarely did she cook a meal that we struggled to choke down. It wasn't always great but rarely ever bad.
Mary is a great cook too. She tries recipes she finds online or in magazines.
I've had a spotty record with cooking though. I've screwed up numerous meat loaf attempts. I had to ask YOU GUYS how to cook a decent burger but you came though for me and I do thank you all.
I've never had gourmet French food and have no desire to try it.
Mary's dad is from Iraq and their people have some really different dishes. Some are outright amazing and some looks too weird to try.

As for Oysters and me avoiding them when doing them as...Shooters...I devour them when they are smoked. Okra? I love it steamed, boiled, fried, and pickled, and eat it at every turn. Artichokes or Chokers, I love steamed, baked/roasted with Lemon Butter. As for pickled Hearts, if in Olive Oil then in an Italian style salad, or if canned and in water, in a salad. Goobers...Boiled Peanuts...a favorite snack of mine as well. Internal meats I don't eat except for a Jewish Delecasy, Beef Tounge. When done right, you never know what it is, and makes one hell of a sandwich on Rye bread with spicy mustard and mayo, lettuce with Munster Cheese. I know...my tastes sound weird to many, but I did when growing up have to eat just about everything served to me so I eventually came to like foods that many do not. Another favorite of mine is Peanut Butter with Mayo...the real stuff and not Miracle Whip...with Lettuce. My Mom was from the Depression Era and still would serve and have foods that were common for the time due to it and WWI. She got me hooked on them which I still scarf down at every chance. That and Fried Chicken Gizzards!!! She was from the South so I got that taste going for me as well!!! Why??? Because so many here have not even tried some and therefore have a perceived dislike/taste for such. It's an acquired trait that must be developed...Still, though there are many foods I have never and will never ever touch...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Never tried it. Won't try it. If it smells like rotting flesh, it can't be tasty.
1719602115122.png

I will never eat the stuff, but I do sell the f*** out of it.
Sounds like tripe. My great Aunt used to eat that crap ....boil it up for hours with onions....and served with a parsley white sauce. The entire time it was cooking would make us kids puke, and it smelled like hot urine.....tasted like a rubber hot water bottle.

Never never never again.

I remember my dad ordering pizzas and always saying "NO anchovies". I've never even seen an anchovy.

Sardines is another one that I won't touch. Used to be a guy that would go into the lunchroom early and heat some up in the nuke machine and everyone bitched about that when it was time to go to lunch. Geez, what a stink!

You and me both, brother. The Mexican restaurant that I go to sells that sh*t by the gallons, not to me though.
A guy at work brought some out one day and it wasn't bad. Wasn't good enough for me to want to eat it very often though...

A guy at work brought some out one day and it wasn't bad. Wasn't good enough for me to want to eat it very often though...
I know I'm close minded, but I've never tried the stuff, I can't get past what's in it.

Last edited:
I remember my dad ordering pizzas and always saying "NO anchovies". I've never even seen an anchovy.
I only found this out a few years ago, pizza shops have to use a separate cutting wheel for anchovy pizzas to prevent the exquisite anchovy aroma from transferring to the less sophisticated pizzas.:lol:

I like them because they make a pizza healthier.:rolleyes:

I was wondering how that might work out with a negative calorie topping like celery?:screwy:

You and me both, brother. The Mexican restaurant that I go to sells that sh*t by the gallons, not to me though.

And that is exactly the type of place I sell it to. lol
I'll try just about any food that doesn't stink like crap this stuff didn't lol
You do know what the tripe's job was when it was alive, dontcha?

Auto Transport Service
Back