• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foods that you tried ONCE but never again...

And the stuff I liked the most when I was in Germany was bratwurst and schnitzel and cannot find anything here that's even close to how it was over there.

I just read the this and abit amazed, I like most everything that so many hate.
I am not a fan of any organ meat, It may be a mental block, I dont know but just about anything that walks, crawls, swims or flies I will try it, I have always kept an open mind and found great foods that surprised me.
I love all veggies and fruit smelly cheese ect., I could go on for hours......

And the stuff I liked the most when I was in Germany was bratwurst and schnitzel and cannot find anything here that's even close to how it was over there.
Not German but there is a Bosnian population here. There was a restaurant just up the street. Delicious sausage dishes there.

I would go on bird hunting trips years ago with a couple of buddies leave about 3:30am. Drive 150 miles, then hunt all day. Told them to pack lunches. Of course they would run out of coffee then beg for some of mine. I used cream. Finally I started using black, or as Dad would say clear. The next year they brought more of their own cream, sugar coffee. At the end of the hunt I would drive back while they slept. Get home around 1;00am.
What one could do into their 50’s. Good times.
I love esspresso, have a full auto machine and drink it black, love it!
Most need to add sugar or cream, I say... you dont like it thats why you are covering the thing up!

And when it comes to oysters, fried is the only way!! Fried clams are even better if they are fresh. Had them a few times down here in the south and even though they were good, they weren't as good as the ones I ate just off of Cape Cod.

And when it comes to oysters, fried is the only way!! Fried clams are even better if they are fresh. Had them a few times down here in the south and even though they were good, they weren't as good as the ones I ate just off of Cape Cod.
Go to Hunt's Oyster Bar in Panama City Fl. Order the GRILLED oysters. You won't leave until you are broke or sick. Love that place!

I like Oyster stew. I also like a few on the half shell. Never had them fried.

I love esspresso, have a full auto machine and drink it black, love it!
Most need to add sugar or cream, I say... you dont like it thats why you are covering the thing up!
The cream enhances the flavour, as some of the flavour essences in coffee are fat soluble rather than water soluble.

The cream enhances the flavour, as some of the flavour essences in coffee are fat soluble rather than water soluble.
Sorry cream or sugar? ......for me just don't work, granted maybee 30 years that I've tried but no thanks..... I like it neet, just like my grappa

This must be from European influence. My first time in Holland I got some fries from a food truck and they put ketchup, mayo and diced onions on them. I noticed it was common. Delicious!
Years ago I tried some Creamy Italian dressing on my spaghetti and wow.....been doing that ever since! My X used to make the sauce with mushrooms in it and I liked that also.

Stuffed heart, be it deer, moose, beef is really good. Antelope is too small.
Dad would take wild game livers soak them in milk for a while, bread them and fry them. Tender and flavourful if not over cooked. Rabbit is also good.
I know it’s is supposed to be about what is not liked,but seems to have morphed into likes also.

Years ago I tried some Creamy Italian dressing on my spaghetti and wow.....been doing that ever since! My X used to make the sauce with mushrooms in it and I liked that also.
There is no such thing as creamy Italian dressing or anlfredo sauce or many more, this is an american thing, now if you like thats great, not saying anything bad or whatever, i like some of it myself.... but so many of these things called Italian do not exist there. Just like mexican most stuff is an american thing.

Stuffed heart, be it deer, moose, beef is really good. Antelope is too small.
Dad would take wild game livers soak them in milk for a while, bread them and fry them. Tender and flavourful if not over cooked. Rabbit is also good.
I know it’s is supposed to be about what is not liked,but seems to have morphed into likes also.
I come from a hunting family, when you kill a deer, you gut... then get the heart out and put it in your pocket till you get home... then slice and fry lightly... thats how we rolled with my dad!

Yep!!! I also would get a Curry-wurst mit Pomme when I would crew rest in Laundesthul as my go-to snack. Plus a fine Pilz to wash it all down. Loved Yeagur Schnitzel and my favorite, Schweinshaxe covered with gravy and German-style Potato Salad. Also washed down with a Darmshtad Pilz...Life was really good when I went to Germany Cranky...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back