• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foods that you tried ONCE but never again...

A short time ago, I adopted a philosophy that helps me be more adventurous.
In the past, I’ve hesitated to try new things based on the feeling that I didn’t want to waste time or money on something that I might not like.
My new feeling is that This isn’t the last meal, vacation, car show that I’ll attend so it doesn’t have to be perfect.

My new feeling is that This isn’t the last meal, vacation, car show that I’ll attend so it doesn’t have to be perfect.
There's some subtle wisdom in that statement....and I think you'll find yourself enjoying those things a little more with that attitude. I know I do!

Here's one I fondly remember as if it were yesterday. I've always loved freshly steamed artichokes, leaf tips and especially the heart, dipped in a lemon/butter/garlic sauce. I was in my late teens still living in my parents' home. Anyway, I saw a jar of artichoke hearts sitting on a shelf in the pantry one day and got excited. Put some in a microwave, dipped one in the melted butter/lemon juice sauce, and started to gobble it down...and almost puked. The flavor of canned artichoke hearts, and also asparagus, is disgusting and tastes nothing like freshly steamed!

Hmm. I like sauerkraut and sausages.
Here's the best place for sauerkraut, with mustard, of course
1719523637278.png
If you put ketchup on a hot dog, you're WEIRD.

There are foods that always have to be accompanied by something else to make them palatable.
Broccoli. Spinach. Cauliflower. Cabbage.
Every one of those, for me, has to have something else with it to make it edible.
Funny...even as a kid, I loved all of those...steamed with some melted butter, salt & pepper. I might've been a weird kid, though...most kids get a gag reflex looking at anything green on their plate, unless it's Jell-O.

I was at a car club meeting and some dude put mayonnaise on his hot dog.
Whuuut???
In Quebec (I lived in Montreal for 4 years), they put mayo on french fries! Gross...

I remember going to a cinema there and bought a hot dog, saw their nacho cheese dispenser for nachos, and asked the girl to squirt some of that on my hot dog. She looked at me like I was crazy.

As my mother told me, when I was a baby
Bannas since I was a we lil' child, I hated them, spit them out
she'd try & hide them in with other fruit, I was having none of it
& also cantaloupe melons, exact same thing
(I love honeydew & watermelon) I think it's a texture type thing
& packaged boxed (taste like box would I'd assume, like Kraft) crap
Mac & powdered cheese
(I love most, any or all pastas, I've came across & real cheeses)
& I'm not a fan of Goat, Mutton or Lamb either, yuk !!!!
but;
I've eaten lamb chops a few times now

Boiled peanuts
Love em. If you like legumes (beans) you will probably like boiled peanuts. They are boiled in salt water. My heart surgeon doesn't mind all the salt though.

Love em. If you like legumes (beans) you will probably like boiled peanuts. They are boiled in salt water. My heart surgeon doesn't mind all the salt though.
Well, I tried them while driving a group of friends to see where they made the Saturn rockets in Alabama. They're not worth the mess.

Well, I tried them while driving a group of friends to see where they made the Saturn rockets in Alabama. They're not worth the mess.
You can eat the shells too but they are bit scratchy coming out the other end. Chew them up good. Lot's of fiber. :thumbsup: :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back