• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you win the Lottery on Monday, Where will we find you on Tuesday

On Monday I’ll be buying a horse for Nella, a Jeep for my son and wife, and a Daytona for myself. Then off to the grocery store for a few steaks to celebrate, and at the desk to pen my resignation from work! Tuesday will be spent doing what I do every day, enjoying life.

I don't know about the rest of you , but I will be at lotto HQ to collect the check the next morning.
1st things 1st. Then it's off the the travel agent.

Where did the red X go?

1) call them on the phone or send them an email.
2) no notice...bye guys, it's been real.
I’ve had two bosses in my 30-years before having my own biz the last 20 who were stellar. If I had won the lotto those two would have got a nice gift in $’s, the other four who were POS, I’d have taken a dump on their desk as my ‘notice’.

I hit the Mega Millions a couple weeks ago and nothing changed for me. I bought a $3 ticket and cashed out $12. Biggest win so far. I probably only buy 5 or 6 per year. If I hit the big bucks I'd buy me some class and dignity! And an offshore island that I would name Staydafuchout.

I’ll go on an another unpopular rant.

The universe has a way of giving us what we ask for most.

So many people wish they didn’t have to work. Your dreams will come true; laid off, forced retirement, plant closed, medical problems. Congratulations, you don’t get to work anymore.

I think it’s better to be thankful for the opportunities presented to us; to use our God given gifts to provide for ourselves and others, to be creative in our own ways, to contribute to the good of society.

Gambling is a vice no matter how you package it.

Rant over.

I'm taking the annuity, then selling it to J G Wentworth......... provided the math works out

Maybe buy some more property, some acreage
with an 8' chain-link fenced off the whole perimeter & gates
secluded to not have neighbors or people bitch & moan
pref. with a creek &/or a lake/pond of property, nice meadows
maybe stock it with fish & fields with local quail & pheasant
'start a big dog rescue od sorts'
I'd like to do labs & retrievers/hunting dogs especially
especially adults & elderly dogs, but not exclusively...
I do still love puppies...

set it up like a 501c, so it will be around after me

I'd hire a few kids 18-20 somethings,
maybe even some older folks that want to still work, love animals
pay them well, give them benni's,
security for loyalty
'not like it was or when I was as a kid", made chump change...
Mostly some young people
that love animals as much as I do,
maybe have a 'live in onsite, assistant manager/security'
maybe someone like my sister Candy
or a place for several people to stay, like barracks/bunkhouse...

Kids/adults that knows they can't make good money doing it,
normally...

Build a big *** temp controlled, long barn so all animals are inside
unless out & about, with big pens/dog runs, not like most shelters...
Well ventilated too...
A big doghouse & big bed for every dog, pee & poo pads...

But make them (my hires) pick up the poo too, not me :poke:

Take the pack out, go out for rides & runs, until I can't do it anymore
maybe bird hunts, swims, retrieves, dock dives (?) etc.

Maybe get someone to sponsor food
like Farmers Dog, Chewy, Purina, Blue Buffalo, Gental Giant
or someone to help...

Buy a few trucks/Jeeps, side-by-sides & a box truck/big van for transport

I'd like to save 100 or more dogs, in rotation
I'd give them a forever home
if I can't find fosters or good permanent homes...
Pay it forward...

I know it's a total pipedream, but it'd be cool to do,
I think (?)
I'm big softy, when it comes to hunting dogs...
So many lived a hard life, stuck in a lil' pen their whole lives...

Last edited:
The universe has a way of giving us what we ask for most.
Sure can’t disagree with what you say. Some are dealt better cards than others, good health, family, capabilities, and some born into wealth (latter IMO can be a pro or con). It was tough getting laid off when the company I was with got clocked by the deluge of durable goods imports, first house purchased just 4-years earlier at an 18.5% interest rate, and our 1st kid just 3-years-old. Well, I had a one-time friend that had offered me a job for sometime before the lay-off happened, so took him up on the offer. Nice card in my hand.

Things sure changed with the ‘friend’ after about 12-years, making my work life a bee-itch…this was the time I dreamed more than ever of winning a lottery. Lol, as it worked out, was offered a phenom severance package, kind of like a windfall, similar to winning a lotto giving me the chance to setup my own biz. Wasn’t always easy thinking a lotto would sure be nice, but things went nice enough to get me to retirement, devoid of friggin corporate politics to earn a living.

You’re right, be wary of what one asks for and I try to remember to count the blessings I was given.

Sure can’t disagree with what you say. Some are dealt better cards than others, good health, family, capabilities, and some born into wealth (latter IMO can be a pro or con). It was tough getting laid off when the company I was with got clocked by the deluge of durable goods imports, first house purchased just 4-years earlier at an 18.5% interest rate, and our 1st kid just 3-years-old. Well, I had a one-time friend that had offered me a job for sometime before the lay-off happened, so took him up on the offer. Nice card in my hand.

Things sure changed with the ‘friend’ after about 12-years, making my work life a bee-itch…this was the time I dreamed more than ever of winning a lottery. Lol, as it worked out, was offered a phenom severance package, kind of like a windfall, similar to winning a lotto giving me the chance to setup my own biz. Wasn’t always easy thinking a lotto would sure be nice, but things went nice enough to get me to retirement, devoid of friggin corporate politics to earn a living.

You’re right, be wary of what one asks for and I try to remember to count the blessings I was given.
See, in my mind, that’s something you earned, not won on a ticket.

I would take care of family and friends, set up education funds for the kids in the neighborhood. Pay for improvements in the township and the county. Give 10% to God. Since about 1989, any deal that I make, God gets 10%. Jesus said "Give in His name and it will be returned to you seven times". I don't believe that....... It comes back 10 times, 15 times and even 20 times. Maybe make a deal with St. Jude's, the Shriners and cars for kids so I never see one of their ads again! See if my current lady friend wants to be more than a friend. Then there's all those places that need money, Museums, tourist railroads, places trying to keep boats and ships afloat. Randomely stop at somebody's house and offer to fix their car, make home repairs. I could play John Beresford Tipton!

I'd be right back at work, but i'd be training someone to do my technical commitments of the property and hiring someone to do my not so technical jobs, like cutting grass, cleaning the beach and pool! I couldn't just walk away from the community members and leave their 40 cottages and other buildings at risk! lottery money wouldn't change a thing about where I lived but I'd hire someone to take my dock out! LMAO

I don't need to win the lottery, I just want the financial advice as our government officials are getting.

I read everyone of the post here and all sounded great. I give now, I'd give more! Actually, there's just some things in life money just can't buy, but why no try!!

Auto Transport Service
Back