• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is your hometown famous for anything?

Where I live - Hometown of NFL quarterback Jim Kelly
Where I work - Hometown of where the original Jeep was born.

I grew up in Glenview Illinois where the Glenview Naval Air Station was located. During World War Two, most Naval Aviators including George Bush carrier qualified there using 2 makeshift aircraft carriers operating on Lake Michigan. Gerald Ford also was stationed there for a time right after the war ended.
For the last 35 years I’ve lived the Bluesmobile was from.
Bluesmobile - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Rochester NY Kodak , Nick Tohous garbage plate and Foreigner

Last edited:
Cloverdale (part of Surrey) sure seems to have a lot of filming happening all the time. If you ever watched 'Smallville' or 'Superman and Lois', their sets were in Cloverdale. 'Jennifer's Body', 'Peacemaker', 'Try Seventeen', 'Hotrod', 'Deck The Halls' came from here. A lot of Stargate, Psych, Supernatural and X-Files were filmed here as well. It's not unusual to have 'no parking' signs or whole streets closed off for a day while production crews and actors scurry around. Kinda strange to see streets and buildings covered with snow and slush for 'Deck The Halls' when it was shot in a hot July. :)

If you Google "Jumbo" or "P.T. Barnum", you will get the whole story. Huge news event at the time.

Well, i grew up in the arm pit of Connecticut.
Waterbury, Connecticut.
When manufacturing was great, back in the dinosaur days, Waterbury, was known as the brass center, capital, of the world, with all the factories that were located back in that city.
I always hated that run down, decayed, factory town, and left in 1973 and joined the Air Force, and became a jet aircraft mechanic.

as the crow flies, I'm about 3 miles from the site of the train wreck, been through there hundreds of times on dirt bikes.........

about 4 miles in the opposite direction is the (recently) former Atco Raceway

AtcoDrags.PNG
atcoAMX.jpg

and across the farm field from my house is where all the Atco, Atlantic, and Swan Song records were pressed....... when I was a kid, everyone worked at "Presswell Records" at some time or another. The factory closed after compact discs made vinyl records obsolete, and the site was on the superfund list for clean up. Fortunately, I'm up stream and my water is good.

1724606226272.jpeg

Last edited:
born in Monroe, Michigan, General Custer, no sure if thats worth mentioning,
grew up in Tipton Michigan guy that invented silly putty lived a mile from my house
Went to Onsted, Michigan for school, hmm, oh ya just recently, a younger classman in my school will probably be dateline NBC about wacking his wife and hiding her body in an anhydrous ammonia tank, welding it back up painting it and tagging it do not use. took them over 2 years to find her. Dale and Dee Warner. He's in the county jail awaiting his fate.
live in Grass lake michigan. had the goose lake concert back in 1970, kinda like the woodstock of Michigan.

View attachment 1716504As of April 23, 2018, Bullhead City, Arizona's all-time record temperature was 126°F, which had been reached six times, most recently on June 23, 2017.

The way would tell if someone was new in town ...... the car had a complete vinyl top..... :rofl:

I have family that lives in that hellscape. I have to go there a couple of times a year, but avoid April to October. Hopefully you have broken free completely!

Auto Transport Service
Back