• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's The Truck It Self That Failed

Frames can be repaired i saw a 7 axle loaded dump truck break right behind the cab coming up to a light it was fixed right there at the light as they couldn't move it .most anything can be fixed that truck was put on the lift wrong the lift arms probably strong enough .
They break there because thats were the lift piston is. All the stress is at that point. Nobody could actually fix it properly at a stop light. They patched it up to move the truck. The only acceptable way to fix that truck is to change the frame rail. Its all about liability today

Another reason I’d never buy a dodge truck.
Man, never ever had a frame problem with any Dodge I've ever owned from 1/2 to 1 ton and have over loaded all of them! Even if you don't over load one, you can still damage the frame if you load it wrong....

This happened 25 years ago it was fixed right there on the road we had a truck break one of the rear spindles a company came out and welded a new spindle on right there on the side of the road .I have welded track hoe booms and put gussets on them same with lift arms on on front end trucks . We had some pete 320 side loaders the frame was cut off right behind the trans a big steel plate was put in its place with a drop down in the middle and the lift cylinders mounted to the same plate the trucks

didn't read all the post here because i have seen this before. first thing is to ask what kind of training did the mechanic's have on the hoist. because if they can't prove any kind of training they are at fault. next what was the hoist much gvw's i'm guessing under weighted. ask them nicely about these two questions. i would pay the lawyer to do what he has to do sometimes you got to do what you got to do. i believe this is a company truck if it is and you can't do your business without it then this becomes another cost that you nee to get paid fore. if your average payday is a couple thousand a day it will add up fast. your business insurance will cover it with you paying your deductible. which you need to get back with the lawyer. how long before you can get your hands on another truck. go to another tv channel see what they will do find out from the lawyer if hitting social media a good idea. sorry about your problem but don't let them get away with it.

i forgot to mention find out if the lift points are marke or shown in the owners manual that will be a life saver. also find out where the safety stands are and why were they not used to protect the mechanics. call osha and every safety regulator you can find to help you. also i don't see any safety chains around the lift. if they won't pay you make them pay with a lot of fines.

September 22 at 11:08 PM
Doug Smith Chrysler Jeep Dodge BROKE MY TRUCK !!!I took my work truck to Doug Smith in American Fork Utah for an oil leak.The mechanic hoisted the 25 ' long truck at 13,500 pounds and let 6,000 pounds hang past the hoist 12' 6" which was to much for the frame and the weight split the steel at the hoist in 2...Frank Smith his brother / general manager said it was not their FAULT and suggested i call my insurance company..they laughed said it's not them to go to...I called the news [ channel 2 ] and they created a story yet would not run it because "Doug Smith Chrysler" advertises with them..My lawyer said he could win this at whatever cost, but Utah state law says i cannot collect the lawyer fees and that i might pay more to collect less..Today's value for 2015 truck is $45,000....DOUG SMITH CHRYSLER got away with this and this is not the first time..WHAT TO DO ???????

View attachment 661373 View attachment 661373 View attachment 661375 View attachment 661374

Get on there Facebook, instagram, twitter and Yelp. Post it all over those sites multiple times. It will get there attention tag Dodge also.

This happened 25 years ago it was fixed right there on the road we had a truck break one of the rear spindles a company came out and welded a new spindle on right there on the side of the road .I have welded track hoe booms and put gussets on them same with lift arms on on front end trucks . We had some pete 320 side loaders the frame was cut off right behind the trans a big steel plate was put in its place with a drop down in the middle and the lift cylinders mounted to the same plate the trucks
Are you talking about the spinde tube part of the rears? I just saw it done on a rear that had a wheel bearing go bad and it destroyed the threads beyond repair. This outfit came i and replaced the tube with anew one they supply. They use a portable lathe setup to face it and bore a new hole for this tube to fit into....Its a shrink fit plus they weld it....Its all engineered and a franchise company...

They cut the spindle off at the end of the tube and welded a new one on
I'm sorry my friend, but that is NOT how it is done. Been in the truck repair/trucking business since I was a toddler.
I cant recall exactly but i do know its a shrink fit and welded, plus plug welded
That is how it is professionally done. Any repair done otherwise is sure to fail.
C'Mon man, don't be a douchebag!!

Thats how it was done i remember the companies was called spindle Dynamics he was out of MD. I was in the business 25 years garbage trucks mostly mack,s that i have worked on driver,s can do some of the dumbest stuff you have ever seen .

Thats how it was done i remember the companies was called spindle Dynamics he was out of MD. I was in the business 25 years garbage trucks mostly mack,s that i have worked on driver,s can do some of the dumbest stuff you have ever seen .
I believe that you're mistaken my friend. My family owns 7 garbage companies in NJ, and there is no way that would hold up. Especially since most old Mack rears are at minimum 58,000 lbs.

Are you using the combined weight of the front and rear axles or just the rear axles the biggest i have seen in a mack was 48,000 all our macks were 44,000 rear and 20,000 steer .

That seems odd the different ratings from different regions when i worked at the mack dealer that was about all i saw was 44s i did see a 42,000 Lbs looked dinky. One thing i noticed most trucks run 24 inch rims where we run 22 inch .

You'd have to ask Ironbuilt about rears, trucks that is LOL.... The dump trucks, roll off and garbage guys haul heavy weight and are off the pavement all the time often loaded. All these guys want the big rears

44,000 lb rears has become the norm for rears on tri-axle dumps and roll-offs because they're cheaper. If you want a "construction" truck, aka garbage, dump, cement, etc. to last, 58,000 lb rears are a must. In the 1980's, we had a few tandem roll-offs with 65,000 lb rears and walking beam suspension. You couldn't kill them trucks.

download (9).jpg

I believe that you're mistaken my friend. My family owns 7 garbage companies in NJ, and there is no way that would hold up. Especially since most old Mack rears are at minimum 58,000 lbs.
Fuggedabout it !!!! Your last name end in a vowel???

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back