• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's The Truck It Self That Failed

September 22 at 11:08 PM
Doug Smith Chrysler Jeep Dodge BROKE MY TRUCK !!!I took my work truck to Doug Smith in American Fork Utah for an oil leak.The mechanic hoisted the 25 ' long truck at 13,500 pounds and let 6,000 pounds hang past the hoist 12' 6" which was to much for the frame and the weight split the steel at the hoist in 2...Frank Smith his brother / general manager said it was not their FAULT and suggested i call my insurance company..they laughed said it's not them to go to...I called the news [ channel 2 ] and they created a story yet would not run it because "Doug Smith Chrysler" advertises with them..My lawyer said he could win this at whatever cost, but Utah state law says i cannot collect the lawyer fees and that i might pay more to collect less..Today's value for 2015 truck is $45,000....DOUG SMITH CHRYSLER got away with this and this is not the first time..WHAT TO DO ???????

View attachment 661373 View attachment 661373 View attachment 661375 View attachment 661374
These guys fucked up, total clusterfuck. Shouldn't been lifting that long a rig on a 2 post in the first place, much less not using proper pick up points. It seems to me that #1 it's your insurance company's obligation to cover you & go after the dealership's insurance co.!! I mean you pay insurance to be protected regardless of fault, but you didn't screw up. Technically, what's the difference between this & being run into?? This happened in THE dealership's garage on THEIR equipment with THEIR idiot **** personnel on THEIR property. I'd not only sue the dealership but sue your insurance co. PRIMARILY for leaving you helpless & unprotected. They should be your allies.

Auto Transport Service
Back