• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

June Mopar Giveaway 2024

DeltaV

Endeavor to persevere
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
I'll step in and help out @PlymCrazy this month.

The prizes and challenge with rules will be posted sometime this weekend. I might post pictures first to whet the appetite and increase anxiety amongst the usual participants. :p

Ref Nick's post:

June Monthly Mopar Giveaway 2024 postponed

Last edited:
Ok, here we go with pictures of the prizes.

This is a winner take all competition.

There is a B Body prize of course along with E Body prizes (of course) and one of the E Body prizes is a convertible. We certainly have a contingent of FBBO members that like Dodge vans and so vans are included in the prize portfolio. Also, I suspect we have a few Jeep fanatics on FBBO and I was able to locate one

The prize package for one incredibly lucky winner consists of:

1) 1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
M2 Machines R77, 24-31

2) 1971 Dodge Challenger Funny Car, Kelly & Son
M2 Machines R75, 24-09

3) 1971 Plymouth Cuda
Rapid Transit System
Ground Pounders
M2 Machines R27, 24-05

4) '70 Dodge Hemi Challenger
Muscle Mania
Hot Wheels

5) '70 Plymouth Barracuda
HW Roadsters
Hot Wheels

6) Dodge Van HW 55 (55th anniversary)
Hot Wheels.
White van with orange windows

7) Dodge Van HW 55 (55th anniversary)
Hot Wheels.
Blue van with orange windows

8) 1988 Jeep Wagoneer

IMG_20240629_100946938.jpg
IMG_20240629_101013020.jpg
IMG_20240629_101037490.jpg
IMG_20240629_101131825.jpg
IMG_20240629_102124678.jpg
IMG_20240629_101310502.jpg
IMG_20240629_101251418.jpg
IMG_20240629_101218794.jpg

Ok, let the guessing commence. Good luck!

This is a winner take all competition

My Mom needed a car around 1974 and so my Dad took me one Saturday morning to look at a used car advertised by Lawrence Chrysler-Plymouth (LCP) in Richmond, Virginia. I recall we first stopped by a nearby Krispy Kreme shop to have a fresh donut right from the rack. Just what a teenage me needed was to be amped-up by a large dose of sugar before looking at cars. BTW, I am very partial to Krispy Kreme raspberry filled donuts. They are the second best dessert in the world and I don't remember what is first.

LCP always had a nice selection of used cars on their lot and that day was no different. Parked next to the car my Dad saw advertised was a nicely equipped '73 or '74 Charger (dealer demo?). Bronze in color and spotless. It certainly caught my Dad's attention, but we were there to see a different car.

We checked over the advertised car and it seemed pretty nice, but LCP had a couple of similar models on their lot that caught our attention too. We checked them out, but they just didn't have the right "vibe". One of them "looked perfect on paper", but in person the "vibe" wasn't there...you know, the gut feeling wasn't good and it wasn't due to the donuts we had earlier. We looked over a few other cars, but nothing was particularly remarkable about them...just didn't do anything for us. We knew Mom wouldn't like them and that's all that counted.

We wandered back over to the advertised car we first checked out and then checked it out some more. Man, there's that absolutely gorgeous bronze Charger again sitting next to it. I always wondered if the dealership used the advertised car to bait people to buy the gorgeous Charger sitting next to it. A great strategy on the dealership's part, but we knew Mom would like the advertised car more. BTW, she liked Chargers.

Ok, it's time to focus and get more serious with the advertised car. We check it out some more...does everything work? any funny noises?, any funny smells? Ok, time for a test drive; and I'm assigned to the passenger seat of course. Dang, this car is very nice. Engine runs smooth, transmission shifts great, no whine from the rear differential. Great get-up-and-go. Dad says the power steering is great and feels great. A nice riding car and quiet too. The factory air conditioning blows very cold.

We get back to the dealership and leave the car idling while we check underneath and under the hood. Everything is thumbs up on this car. Mom will love it.

Dad goes inside the dealership to buy the car. I go inside too and check out the new cars and brochures. I quickly get bored with the showroom and let my Dad know I'm going back outside to see the interesting used cars on the lot. The salesman seemed surprised.

The winner for the prizes above has to get ALL of the following characteristics correct for the advertised car my Dad bought Mom:

1) Model year
2) Car make (i.e., the manufacturer)
3) Car model
4) Number of doors
5) Exterior color
6) Interior color
7) Seating material
8) Single or dual exhaust

I will respond with an agree for a guess that correctly identifies one or more of the eight above characteristics. A guess that doesn't correctly identify ANY of the characteristics will receive a thanks. You can guess one or more characteristics at a time if you want to take that approach. However, the winning guess has to correctly identify ALL EIGHT characteristics in ONE post. The FIRST PERSON to correctly identify ALL EIGHT characteristics in ONE post will be declared the winner; and I will announce your name as the winner.

Good luck!!!

Lawrence Chrysler-Plymouth under construction in 1965.
Address: 4808 W. Broad St. (northeast corner of W. Broad St. and Staples Mill Rd. intersection)

Note: The land was sold and the buildings were demolished. The radio station towers in the background, unrelated to the dealership, are long gone too.

Last edited:
Plymouth
Sport Satellite
2 dr
V2 Tan { :poke: puke }
Brown/tan interior (don't know the code #s)
cloth interior/rubber mat floors
single exhaust

Plymouth
Sport Satellite
2 dr
V2 Tan { :poke: puke }
Brown/tan interior (don't know the code #s)
cloth interior/rubber mat floors
single exhaust

3 out of 8 correct

No one needs to guess the codes for colors; only need a color name.

Also, no need to guess anything about the flooring material unless you want to confuse your competition.

Plymouth
Satellite
4 door
Green exterior
Tan interior
Vinyl Seats
Single exhaust

72 Plymouth Satellite
T2 Tunisian Tan
Bench seat 6 passenger.
Rubber floor mat.
two door hardtop with fixed rear quartet glass RH21G2AXXXXXX
Tan vinal upholstery
318 V8 engine,automatic transmission.
column shift.
Single exhaust exiting on the right rear.

Auto Transport Service
Back