• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keystone Klassics

It looks as if i will be filing in court too. May i ask, once you ( win ) do they enforce payment ?
Ahh---no. You get a judgement , and that goes against their home..no cost to you. . They can't sell it until you are paid. I hear that that has to be renewed after some length of time. You can garnish their wages. If you know a bank where they have money, you can pay the sheriff ( my case $75 per bank which adds onto the judgement) to seize it right out of their account. You can go thru a legal process to have the Sheriff seize non-exempt property and sell it. Everything costs you money to do, but it is added to the judgement. You can collect interest which is added to the judgement. A PITA , but if you are mad and vengeful( like me) you can do it.. Local county laws may be different. .....................MO

Ahh---no. You get a judgement , and that goes against their home..no cost to you. . They can't sell it until you are paid. I hear that that has to be renewed after some length of time. You can garnish their wages. If you know a bank where they have money, you can pay the sheriff ( my case $75 per bank which adds onto the judgement) to seize it right out of their account. You can go thru a legal process to have the Sheriff seize non-exempt property and sell it. Everything costs you money to do, but it is added to the judgement. You can collect interest which is added to the judgement. A PITA , but if you are mad and vengeful( like me) you can do it.. Local county laws may be different. .....................MO
Frankly , i don't know how to feel. I gave him the option of stripping it & our business concluded. Or my filing. He didn"t respond,, so.

Frankly , i don't know how to feel. I gave him the option of stripping it & our business concluded. Or my filing. He didn"t respond,, so.
It don't cost much to file. he has to respond or judgement will go against him. If he knows that, and knows he is responcible for a bad job, that will get him motivated to do the right thing. In my case the other person did not know , and did not check into what could happen...........................MO

It don't cost much to file. he has to respond or judgement will go against him. If he knows that, and knows he is responcible for a bad job, that will get him motivated to do the right thing. In my case the other person did not know , and did not check into what could happen...........................MO
Sounds like a plan. Thank you.

the problem with sanding with an air tool or blasting is it will ruin any body work that has been done.....you need to experiment with a small area

I had a job go bad about 25 years ago, (old hardner, opened can, lesson learned)...... fortunately, I used a quality epoxy primer (Glasurit). I used stripper to remove the paint, and it did not attack the epoxy........ stripped it, cleaned it up, resanded, and painted......... I ate it, and it took me a week, but could have been worse.........it was a 64 vette
Glasurit/Glasso, great materials, pricey but def a sharper edge. Have You ever used their polyester spray filler? Some of the nicer 2 stage topcoat system i've used. Sikkens is good material too.
btw, dupont & ppg don't mfg waterborne non sanding sealer anymore, seems strange they would phase it out with the push on for waterborne basecoats & clears. (low VOC clears will be illegal here in Ca. before much longer, waterborne basecoats already mandatory for some time) I did find that TransStar makes a waterborne nonsanding sealer called 1K speed seal. Ready mix spray out of can, air dry. quart part # 6094.
Have had some exp. color sanding & polishing transstar clears,,the clear is clear, without any filminess & the sanding/polishing properties were good. 3 passes in wool were adequate for pulling 1500 scratches.
In 2015 i saw a car i did in 2001 & it had held out quite nicely. Not a total garage queen, owner(who had done the entire build Himself from a roach)had put 15K miles on in that time frame. A 70 chevelle, an electric fine crush metalic blue with white ralleye stripes.
I'm with You on that hood, who knows what sins will be uncovered underneath the synthetic enamel. 70% chance of mud having to be dug out, replaced, then a new surface having to be built. Time waits for no one.

Ordered june 9th. Arrived 8-25. With no email notice or call. Luckily saw them on my porch before a would be thief.

20170825_195156.jpg 20170825_161133.jpg

They are chrome plated. With off center stickers.

I don't know why, but I have never been a fan of them. I love the Cragar SS wheels better and also love the look of the Magnum 500 (Road Wheels) also, but not these.

IMG_20140928_171443_835.jpg

I had them on my '74 Satellite back in the late '70s. When I sold the car, I sold the wheels to a buddy and he put them on his '59 Coronet. I bought the Klassics from the J.C. Penney Auto Center. I didn't realize until they came in that Penney sold a "silver special" version of the wheel. I eventually masked them and painted the sides of the spokes black. I hated the uni-lugs and that I had to constantly polish the rims to stay ahead of the rust.
phphiNH8BAM.jpg

I had them on my '74 Satellite back in the late '70s. When I sold the car, I sold the wheels to a buddy and he put them on his '59 Coronet. I bought the Klassics from the J.C. Penney Auto Center. I didn't realize until they came in that Penney sold a "silver special" version of the wheel. I eventually masked them and painted the sides of the spokes black. I hated the uni-lugs and that I had to constantly polish the rims to stay ahead of the rust.
View attachment 514376
Actually , all the early Keystone Classics had the silver rough finish on the sides of the spokes. I got a set for my newly ordered 68 Roadrunner and had them put on first thing when the car came in. I too, painted those sides of spokes black, and then the factory started making them that way........MO

Mine weren't early; I bought them in the spring of '78. The Keystone catalog showed them with the spoke sides painted black. The display wheel in the Penney auto center Keystone display had them painted black. I was not expecting the all silver wheels that came in.

I had them on a 70 Mustang back in the 80s. I like my Torquethrusts now.

satellite 003.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back