• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's see your cars! 1962 - 1965 ONLY please.

Basoline I love your red 65 Coronet. :yes: It gives me an idea of how red steelies would look on the back of mine. I was going to go with red but I thought black would look better on my 63 but after seeing your 65 I am not so sure. You got the cool look that I love on that sweet 65 !! And of course all of the cars on here look great !! Ron

100_1075.gif

mine awaiting more work and the new motor put in........see the 4speed ball sticking up and the spare 4 speed behind the motor....:yes:

2vs4t8z.jpg

65 Dodge Coronet Station Wagon AWB

Guys,

here's a few pics from my old 65 Wagon. As you can see, I got a little carried away with the car, but it came out really nice. Unfortunately, I took ill near it's completion, and was forced to sell it. I heard it's in Pa and being finished by a retired firefighter. I terribly miss this car and wish I could have held on to it, but it's still in the 'chain' and I'm sure will make a big splash once completed.

One other thing: to the administrator of this site, someone needs to correct the "wrap" on these pages, as the images are loading left to right, instead of vertically...

David in Raleigh, NC

6-18Wagon07.jpg

6-18Wagon09.jpg

65 Wagon 3-25-01-1.jpg

This is my cousins car.
62 Plymouth sport Fury factory, 361 cid, push button, now some 440 variation.
Im pretty sure they bought it new and its always been a racecar.
med_gallery_5731_208_71630.jpg
It might be a problem on my end, but starting at pg 3, the display keeps 'expanding' to the right, forcing you to use the slider to 'find' the "next" toggle or page number. At page 8, there is a posting with images do not wrap and extend way to the right. Again, it forces you to hunt for the functional toggles.

Also, I can see my post in thread view, but am unable to see it by clicking through from the original thread...?

Dave

[nerd-mode]Because some uploaded pictures are wider then the page, the page will expand. Admin should install a server-side application that automatically resizes the pictures.[/nerd-mode]

For the rest...awesome wagon!!!..."a little bit carried away"? ;-)

A few more shots of the AWB wagon...

Here's a few more shots of the AWB 65 Coronet wagon.

I put a rollerized 500 inch Hemi in it with a 10-71 supercharger and a pair of 950 HP blower carbs, which was good for an honest 1000 HP at only 10% over.

I altered the wheelbase using the stock chassis, versus stubbing-in 2x3 steel, which produces the (non-factory-looking) nose-up rake, which I don't like (especially when driving). Using the stock frame produced a clean rake; lessened the sheetmetal work; and produced a near factory look when completed. To the non-informed, it looked just like it came from Mopar that way. I also slicked the firewall and removed the intrusive bump, which gave me another couple inched of engine setback.

IMHO, all of these old Mopars (I love them all) were a little "long in the tooth", which means they have just a little too much steel in front of the spindle to suit my taste. I've now got a 64 Polara that I plan on stretching in the near future and I'll keep you guys posted on how that goes. This one's a keeper.

Out back the wagon had a narrowed rear with Strange axles and 4:30 gears moving Hoosier 31 X 18.5 radials.

If I would have kept the car, the next modification would have been to chop 2 inches from the roof line (to bring the large rear gloss level with the door glass) and slanting the windshield back a few degrees to give a full-on nasty rake. Anybody out there got an old wagon they're interested in parting with ? ~{:>)

Here's a few more pics for your enjoyment.

David in Raleigh, NC

P1010086.jpg

PA310134.jpg

65 Altered Engine Bay.jpg.jpg

What compression ratio do you use with a 10-71?

The same as any other supercharged application; 8.5:1 is about optimal - unless you're a serious racer and after huge power for competition.

Some guys are now running in excess of 13-1 (static) with superchargers, which is OK if you have the right fuel, fuel delivery system, and cylinder sealing technology to support it (and the pocketbook I should add...)

Also remember, the "static" ratio is 8.5:1 but under dynamic conditions (on boost), that can increase to 12 or 13-1 very quickly.

I hope that answers your question. You gettin' ready to try one ?

Not really, just knew that you use a lower compression ratio but never heard just how low? Thanks for the imfo!

Have seen this car in my part of town a time or two. They are both being driven by the belt system and it is a stock bottom end. I think he does it with the right pully that would have them turning pretty slow. Crazy looking though!

View attachment 15875

You mean there is a car in that picture ? ~{:>)

Most of those "show only" cars hollow out the upper supercharger and just attach the upper unit through a home-made plate and single gear front cover. This reduces drag and allows the lower supercharger to get enough fuel to run (as in idle around shows etc), but not much else. It's about as impractible as you can get and I, personally, think it's borderline "cartoonish".

The last time I saw a set up like that was at Rockingham's Mopar at the Rock. Some guy had a really cool Dodge Dakota pickup with 2 blowers (mounted at 45' from center of the engine) and it really was impressive to look at. But that's about all, since it couldn't do anything but idle around the grounds and it was puking fuel any where he parked it. Money would have been better spent on a Vortec set up that would have been driveable and ripped serious et's at the track. But then, that's just my opinion.

On the other hand, there are some turbo-fed roots-style superchargers that are reasonbly well designed and they can be driven to some degree, however sizing intercoolers needed to be fully functional prevents them from becoming very popular (just not practicle or cost effective).

I'd much rather see a well set up blown application with a few inches removed from the cars top. Give me about 1 day with a sawzall and cutting torch and I could show you how to make that cream puff Jimmy really pop !

10-4 on the "cartoonish" !!!

I heard a story, (don't know how true), about this guy at a car show that he was attending, got pulled over by the local police, they had the car loaded up on a rollback, said it was unsafe to drive. Lack of vision to see where you are going. :)

63 Polara

Just got my new project.

489.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back