• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lowered the Satellite rear end today. Much MUCH better ,

gtx6970

Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
Some before pictures . All stock suspension as far as I know . Stock hemi style springs , shocks, hangers etc etc

Ive always felt it was a tad bit high in the ars end.

Not any more

Wheel lip WAS about an inch or so just above the lip of the rim.

20221110_095052.jpg

20221210_094819.jpg

20221110_095401.jpg

I had bought a set of front spring hangers that had the 2 holes drilled in them , stock , and lowered.

So got after it today and I have to say. I like the look A LOT , A WHOLE LOT better.

The wheel opening lip now sits just about an inch below the edge of the rim lip.

I think it now sits right about where it should be / or would have been when new !!!

The angle of the photos makes it looks like theres more of a rake than there actually is.
I measured front to rear at the rocker lip and its about an inch down in the front versus the rear

Tires are the same front and rear 245-60-15s

20240503_155016.jpg

20240503_155022.jpg

20240503_155130.jpg

20240503_155149.jpg

20240503_155144.jpg

20240503_155133.jpg

Nice.. how you lowered it would be a helpful item! LOL

EDIT: Guess I was too quick! LOL

Mine... the way it left the factory. (well other than the wheels)

1966hp2cruiseapril162023 018.jpg

Last edited:
Im planning to put the stock 14 inch wheels and hubcaps on it later this year.
I had done a test fit with some used tires a few weeks back and it sat way to high over the rims for my tastes ( sorry no pictures of that test )

But something along the lines of this ( not my car )
I really like this look. and I feel like its time to change it up a bit.

18788_01.jpg

I have a 66 2dr post /6 car and it was level. The rear springs were a bit flat so I lowered the front around 1 1/2", added more camber and caster and added much better shocks with cop car wheels and 225-75 tires. It surprised me how much better it handled.

I don’t think mine is other than stock, except for 15” wheels but it appears to be sitting about like your “after” photos based on the top off the wheel rim and wheel well lip. My tires are taller.

IMG_1457.jpeg

I prefer stock ride height when possible. I think it's easier on parts and your butt.

Your car looks just right after the changes. Me, I don't like the stock wheelcovers or the broken torsion bar look on the car that doesn't have the WOM's.
I like these cars at stock height front and back, the rear wheelwells can't take enough tire to look right with a raised rear IMO.

claytonsvaliant 047.jpg

oldmopar5.jpg

I don’t think mine is other than stock, except for 15” wheels but it appears to be sitting about like your “after” photos based on the top off the wheel rim and wheel well lip. My tires are taller.

View attachment 1657653
I think yours and mine are near exact . And I can tell you have a taller tire , especially in the front. The rears tend to hide a taller tire and Im ok with that . I do like how your tail pipes are tucked up a little higher than mine. That will be something I look at later this year.

Im running a 245-60-15 all the way around And When the time comes for tires again, Im thinking a 255 - 60 on the rear ..but thats a down the road later project for sure.

I think my tires are 225/75-15.

My mufflers were hanging low when I bought the car and I put new muffler hangers on it, loosened up the head pipes and removed the tailpipes and jacked the mufflers up higher before tightening everything up. Then I bought new tail pipes and instead of buying new tailpipe hangers from Accurate, I used them as a pattern and built my own and bought some single screw exhaust clamps which worked out well for the tailpipes I think. Kind of a lousy picture.

IMG_0536.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me,,,,, I needed a set of those style tail pipe clamps.

Just ordered a set

clamps.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t think might are technically period correct but they are close enough for me.

I wanted something not as obvious as the current saddle clamps on it now that stick out like a sore thumb when viewed from behind

Auto Transport Service
Back