• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar aside...what muscle car would you most like to have?

70rr-brian

Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
I know this topic is heresy....but just for fun. If you could have any other muscle car, not made by Mopar, which would you choose?

I would take the 69 AMC AMX. Always loved that car.

It would have to be the other car i have owned for 22 years now a 1969 nova ss 350 4 speed i have always loved the 68-72 novas.

im not sure if this is the " muscle car" class, but i would like to have my 1st car i ever owned.....and thats a 1971 Monte Carlo. I have actually been scouring EBAG looking to buy another one...( just like i did with my road runner which was my 2nd car i ever owned)

70 LS6 454/450 Chevelle, 4 Spd and would want all Documentation and Number's Matching!!! I had one and had to sell to help buy my house.

Oooohh,what a question...

I've had a 1968 Z-28;animal of a car with the 11:1 cr,optional cam and an M-22 and 4.11 gears and an appetite for HIGH-octane fuel. But that wouldn't be it.

Being in the Home of Buick,I've driven and ridden in some hometown beasts,but they wouldn't be it. Close,but not quite.

So-o-o-o...A few years ago,at a small show near Frankenmuth,a guy rolls in with a 1967 Mercury Comet Capri. For those who aren't aware,the Capri was the mid-level model in the Comet line,a 2-door hardtop. This car was stunning in red paint and red interior. However...I heard it before I saw it-a 427 propelled this beauty. RARE car;one of 7 built in this model(6 "R" code cars,1 "W" code car,his was an "R"),and ALL original. A true survivor,with full documentation and Marti Report. I have not seen this car since that night,and that was back in 1996. I have a couple of pics on my garage wall;I'll get them out here tomorrow.

So,right now,gun to my head,I'd say a '66-7 Merc or Ford Fairlane-with a 427,of course.

Did I mention that I love 1970 GTO's as well? No? Lemme tell you 'bout...

66 Mustang Fastback......289 and 4 speed. Had one and it was fun and ran a 15.0 in the 1/4 mile which wasn't too bad in the mid 70's when I had it.

im not sure if this is the " muscle car" class, but i would like to have my 1st car i ever owned.....and thats a 1971 Monte Carlo. I have actually been scouring EBAG looking to buy another one...( just like i did with my road runner which was my 2nd car i ever owned)
there's one for sale by me at a muffler shop. if u want me to stop by and get details let me know..

for me...i would have to say a 67 fairlane w/ 427 side oiler, or 66 GTO, or my uncle's 62 Impala SS 409 4spd convertible Top Flight #'s matching...which i am hoping gets left to me eventually!!

I would like this car back. 70 Buick GS, 455 Stage 1, 4 speed, A/C. Bought it from the original owner. It was so nice when i bought it the only interior piece i replaced was the bottom of the driver side bucket seat.

Attachments

• 1970 Buick GS Stage I 455-4sp 001.jpg
    1970 Buick GS Stage I 455-4sp 001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 674
These are my choices none are number one all are equaly wanted
40-41 Willys Coupe [all steel body]
68-69 Roadrunner
69 Camaro [any model v8]
68-69-AMX 4 speed car
AMC Rebel machine 4 speed car
Rambler Scrambler
Sunbeam Tiger
Ford Thunderbolt
Buick GS 455HO 4Speed
Olds 442 W30 4 Speed

I love all cars equal and would take any one of these but would rather have a roadrunner over any of these choices except maybe the Willys.

Great thread! Mine would be one of two i owned A 1963 409 Impala SS, 2nd one had electric windows in it.. Some say these are not what is considered a "Muscle Car" Id have to say, they never drove one before then! Some nice ones picked here, hard one to pick from, only one i mean.. My second would be a 66 Chevelle. 3rd, 67 GTO, never had one.

muscle cars

Although I am not much of a ford guy, I have always had a thing for 70, and 73 Mach 1 mustangs. Red and black paint with the window louvers. Screams mullet and smoke pack tucked under sleeve lol

Attachments

• 73-mustang-mach1-rear-576.jpg
    73-mustang-mach1-rear-576.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 657
  • 1970 mach 1.jpg
    1970 mach 1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 909
I had to think a while on this one but think I would look for a 1965 Comet Caliente.

Attachments

• mufp_0802_cal_30_z+1965_mercury_comet_caliente+front_view.jpg
    mufp_0802_cal_30_z+1965_mercury_comet_caliente+front_view.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 606
Here's a couple of Aussie ones for ya. HG Monaro, about '73, and HSV GTS Coupe '03. Unfortunately they stopped making them by the time I bought my 4 door GTS in '09.

Attachments

• HGMONARO.jpg
    HGMONARO.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 611
  • HSV GTS.jpg
    HSV GTS.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 593
Oooohh,what a question...

I've had a 1968 Z-28;animal of a car with the 11:1 cr,optional cam and an M-22 and 4.11 gears and an appetite for HIGH-octane fuel. But that wouldn't be it.

Being in the Home of Buick,I've driven and ridden in some hometown beasts,but they wouldn't be it. Close,but not quite.

So-o-o-o...A few years ago,at a small show near Frankenmuth,a guy rolls in with a 1967 Mercury Comet Capri. For those who aren't aware,the Capri was the mid-level model in the Comet line,a 2-door hardtop. This car was stunning in red paint and red interior. However...I heard it before I saw it-a 427 propelled this beauty. RARE car;one of 7 built in this model(6 "R" code cars,1 "W" code car,his was an "R"),and ALL original. A true survivor,with full documentation and Marti Report. I have not seen this car since that night,and that was back in 1996. I have a couple of pics on my garage wall;I'll get them out here tomorrow.

So,right now,gun to my head,I'd say a '66-7 Merc or Ford Fairlane-with a 427,of course.

Did I mention that I love 1970 GTO's as well? No? Lemme tell you 'bout...

i know the car your talking about that car is all original and the guy that owns it his dad bought it brand new they are from midland.

Auto Transport Service
Back