• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More $$$ into the "Pit" !

6pktgo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
Even though these look great & have only 3,000 miles on them, all 4 have the same large single Crack in them !!
Nothing in the sidewalls ,inside or out. Just where the factory ink or paint or what ever they used , back quite a few years ago !!
Any tire recommendations? Pictures?

20240601_160420.jpg

20240601_160337.jpg

Coopers on my Bee,will buy a set when charger gets done. Check the dates on the new tires. Seems some shops are selling old inventory. Good luck.

Seems some shops are selling old inventory. Good luck.
Agree. I bought Coopers Cobras for my 79 300. 3 were same dated within a year and a half from date of purchase . 1 was 6 years old.
The shop said "So what, they still are warrant the same, plus we don't have another"
If you have a good shop ask about the dates up front.
As Dave said, Good luck

I had M/T's on my Charger. Great tire. Cant beat the look of the BFG's tho...

4resize.jpg

440155796_10161440710172899_2861111827549819866_n.jpg

Another vote for Cooper Cobras. Here in Canada, they're less expensive than BFG's, and the reviews seem to indicate they wear a lot longer than BFG's. You can get Cobras at Canadian Tire. :)

Been a while since I've seen GT+4s, what are they 20, 25 yrs old?

33, yes 33 !! Bought them in the spring of 91 , had them mounted, balanced & bagged until I put them on the car in 2009. Interesting how there's NO other cracking anywhere except where the blue dye ?? is. & it's bad in the blue ,on all 4.
Leaning toward Cooper Cobras, I've heard stories about the BFG's white letters, being yellowish

Auto Transport Service
Back