• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Coronet project

I'm amazed you could find a 70 Coronet fender in Sweden! If I ever need a fender for my 68 1/2, it will have to come from the states, zero chance of finding one.

You're very lucky!

Got some work done this afternoon, to be continued...

front1.JPG

front2.JPG

rust.JPG

Keep on sending the pictures over. :woohoo: Great build. :) Just do not send the lutfisk over though.:grin: Can not say I am much of a fan of that delicacy:rolling:

Almost ready with the right side, that was the easy side... Will start with the left side today.
Should have ordered the fullsize floorpan :mad:, had to replace a bit over the rear bracket. The rear bracket was also crap so I mad a new one.
I envy you guys who lives on the right side of the atlantic ocean, 4 bracket are like $ 120 but for me it is $ 240 due to taxes and freightcost, and it takes a couple of weeks to get them. :mad:

right innerfender.JPG

floor.JPG

Yes! My wife went to work this morning and I still have three weeks left of my holiday, guess what I am doing????

Spending my day with a "camber" bolt that was stuck, than the k-member bolt rotaded inside the frame so I had to cut it up to get it loose but finally it is ready to tryout the new frame rail. Found a rat nest inside the frame too!

If I can stay to the plan it will be ready to grind and put on some primer this weekend, I will probably take off all the undercoating and paint it, I will never drive in wet or salted roads again so it will do good with epoxi primer and 2 k paint.

And it is getting time do finally decide the color, my plan has always been Hemi orange but I am looking at white too, it would look great with a black vinyltop. The only reason I don´t go with a metalic color is that I am painting the car apart, paining is extemely expensive here, $ 3-4000!!! If I do it myselt it will stop under $1000.

P.S
Do you find the sign as fun as I do?

left innerfender.JPG

leftfloor small.JPG

the garage.JPG

slow.JPG

you guys use euros over there dont you? if so isnt a euro around 1.50 U.S. if thats right thats about what painting costs around here. granted there are guys that run little back woods shop that will charge you less and then we also have the super restorers $60,000 to restore your car (i personally think thats rediculous) its all a matter of who you trust and what level of perfection you desire.

Sweden is not into the Euro we still have our krona:yes:
US $ Euro is now 1.31
Sven

Nice job on your Coronet! I cant believe how easy you lake it look! Your dedication to your Mopar is admirable, I bet its a big deal to cruise your Mopar around town in Sweden. Congrats on a great purchase and great car!

looks like you're moving right along with it.

Had to lay down production due to visitors from out of town :mad:, almost done with the rust repairs:), both framerails are now in place and I only have to weld the floor on the drivers side, ran out of gas to the MIG but have a new bottle now, my Kemppi weld runs like a dream!
Will try to get the primer and topcoat on the floor next week, will grind of all old paint first, painting it black instead of body color, don´t want any body color to shine thru my black interior.
If I had knew how bad the left innerfender was I had bought a new one but the delivery time is to long for me to wait. But all the rust is now gone...
Thanks for all feedback, it helps to get me motivated! This is a great site!

floor.JPG

leftfender.JPG

leftinnerfender.JPG

wow!The new floor looks good,was it hard to do,cause i'll have to do the same on my project?

Roger, the floor it self was not hard to replace as long there´s some steel left to weld it to, I was lucky and the rocker panels and the firewall was OK, the trick is to clean up from paint and rust. A good "spot weld drill" and a wire brush ( I use the 3M scotch brite) is half the job. If you buy two halfes of the floor you will keep the centerpiece, be careful not to remove to much of the center before you have removed the bottom of the floor, otherwise you can end up with a 1/2 inch gap when the floorpiece sits on the framerail. Better to cut two times instead... I put my floor with a overlap of 1/4 inch to the existing floor and welded it from both sides, it works on the floor. Two of my brackets to the seat was to rusty so I made a new pair, no original part but they do the work, this is not a $ 50 000 resto :)

Good Luck!

good to know,thanks.I'm not looking for an OEM resto,i just want to get it to looking nice and driving it.

Lookin good Swede, don't let those pesky visitors slow you down, strike while the iron is hot!!!.

Finally home again after spending some days in Denmark, weather was ok this morning so I rolled out from the garage and took a wire brush and a small sand blaster and cleaned up the engine compartment. Getting closer to get some paint in it now, if the weather stays good tomorrow I will probably put on some epoxi primer before it is rusty again ;-)

motorrumrent.JPG

looks good,you can't even tell where you took the old off and put on the new.

Yes! Put some primer on the floor, I know I should have waited and painted the engine compartment at the same time but I really needed to see some progress. Can take the engine compartment tomorrow;-)

Found a guy who can sandblast my doors, fenders, hood and trunklid. When I asked him of the price he said somewhere around $70-80!!! ( in swedish crowns of coarse) He will not blast all the areas due to he is afraid to bend the metal but he will take the edges, approx 4 inch in and insides of the doors et.c.

floorprimer1.JPG

floorprimer2.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back