• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My GY8 '71 Road Runner

I got round two of blocking completed. I filled the lows with thin layers of Dolphin Glaze. They look worse than they actually are. Round three will begin this weekend. Yes!

IMG_3358.jpeg

IMG_3363.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg

I pretty much confirmed my suspicions of what happened to my roof; The Charleston, judging from the chart below:

IMG_2243.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

I got round two of blocking completed. I filled the lows with thin layers of Dolphin Glaze. They look worse than they actually are. Round three will begin this weekend. Yes!

View attachment 1722901

View attachment 1722903

View attachment 1722904

I pretty much confirmed my suspicions of what happened to my roof; The Charleston, judging from the chart below:

View attachment 1722905
Thanks for looking!
Hey, just look at all the pictures "back in the day". We all sat on them, stood on them, slept on them, and beat the living he77 out of them when driving. It's no wonder they have dents! :rolleyes:

Nice job with all the sanding - it will pay off big time once the car is painted :thumbsup:

Third round completed and I ran out of high build. I’ll need to order more tomorrow.

More high build sprayed:
IMG_3369.jpeg

Top side almost done:
IMG_3370.jpeg

Sides:
IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3372.jpeg

I’m hoping one more round will be enough…probably just jinxed myself, Dohh!!!

Thanks for looking!

It sounds stupid but I always hate the idea of one more sand but I enjoy doing it! It's just so fulfilling each time you get it better. It's also nice to block out all thoughts of everyday life and just concentrate on getting it perfect I guess. Nice job, it's looking better and better!

It's funny that you should mention that. The first time I was hating life and thinking this sucks ***. While doing it the third time, I wasn't as miserable. I think it was because I was starting to see some progress and getting quicker at it.

Fourth round done. I sprayed three more coats of high build and sanded with 180. I never realized all of the different angles, curves, reverse curves, crowns, etc. that this car has. I think I’m done with spraying high build. There are a few spots of epoxy showing through but they are very minor, in my opinion. I did have to add a bit of dolphin glaze to a spot on top of the passenger’s side fender that was bothering me.

Three more coats of high build:
IMG_3386.jpeg

Top side sanded:
IMG_3388.jpeg

Driver’s side:
IMG_3390.jpeg

Passenger’s side:
IMG_3391.jpeg

Also working on the other body pieces:
IMG_3389.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Auto Transport Service