• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my hemi build

well, updated info for those that are watching. project hemi is coming along.

the headers arrived in short order. head unit has not yet. have so many parts the car is playing the part of the storage bin for it all right now. trunk is filled with stuff as is the interior.

i have to pic up some small items such as the water pump and the a/c and power steering delete pullies. i think i am just going to run the bouchillion performance parts. they seem to be decent looking stuff.

other option is to make my own.

this weekend coming up i shold have this car out of its sleeping hole and cleaned up. removing the old 408 stroker and sending it to its new home...a 70/71 ta challenger...

steve

ok, today the work started.

i opened up the car hole and moved the car. first time this has happened in several years. the car was obviously covered in dust and cob webs.

that will soon change.

the 727 is removed and found a new home in a local ta challenger. 340 car that was stroked.

the 408 thats in my car currently is about two bolts shy of being pulled in this photo spread. its a stout 408 i built some years ago and will also find a new home in a second local to me challenger TA car.

tomorrow i will start laying out the hemi parts and do some mock ups.

Attachments

• IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 316
a few others

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 307
Sweet build, I love when people post pics of this sort of stuff. I speak for all of us here when I say we all love engine ****. Keep them coming!

Chamber polishing Semi hemi

the motor
You should do really well with the E 85 Fuel since the third gen Hemi Head is really a wedge head and does not require the Octane of a Second gen or First gen Hemi. With the crappy Fuel available E85 should help make a lot of power. I want to know about the compression you going to have.

Very nice!! your build is almost identical to my 08 Challenger! The only difference is I'm running a 3.0 techco blower, Fore dual fuel pump and 90mm TB. The long block is very similar. I'm pushing about 14# of boost and we dyno'ed at 795~~hp and 786~~tq on 93 octane. You are going to have a great combo, old school looks with GenIII drivability, and will be a kick in the pants to drive. Like I need to tell you that...

compression will be right at 9.0 to 1
this is a blown application btw.

is that motor of yours an arrington motor?

No, A guy named J.R. Krueger built the long block. Used to be with Saleen and Techco. My understanding he's tight with Crane cams, which is why he wouldn't give up the cam spec. I looked at Arrington and Tim at Mr. Norm's. went with J.R. because of his prior work with the local speed shop and Techco.

anyways...408 is out and gone to its new home..

the car will start to get cleaned up some this week and hope to have the time to mock up a block into the chasis too.

steve

boy do i have some not so good things to say about techo....

I've heard some. I was in and out prior to them going under. so far so good for me. If I have any problems with this one I'll replace it with a 3.6 wc kenne bell. Bump the boost and the HP a little. Long block good for 1200ish...

the guys at bouchillion performance are cool.
ordered up there power steering delete pully btw. should be here soon.
the cranks out for ballance still. i should have it back wednesday evening.

the t trim has not arrived yet. got a wtf call in again. well see whats going on this time.

still lost on the fuel system i will end up with. in tank or in line.
sump the tank or buy a custom tank from some one.
so many ideas and choices. not enough time to think out the details yet.

will need to support e85 although because that is my plan. so i need volume

oh and i need electric fan or fans. ill look into spals. have had good luck with them in the past

i am in no way responsible for blindness from seeing this car ****

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 273
trying one more but these pics for some reason wont download.
and im not unpacking the boxes again tonight.

steve

power steering and air conditioning? no way...this little gem keeps you from needing to run all that crap

Attachments

• IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 288
and aeromotive got the nod today for the fuel system. after much debate about this pump and that pump i made my decision.

complete system rated for 1400 hp. i hope it deliveres

on a side note i was kinda happy that it comes with a sump. something that i can install in my current tank.

steve-o

You aren't going to run power steering or A/C? Seems everybody has to have that these days.
Good to hear you will be able to modify your existing tank, little extra cash towards other go fast goodies.

Auto Transport Service
Back