• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my hemi build

random pic of the night...

the high pressure and high volume melling pump for the build. its adjustable in pressure btw

also some pics pof the mounting brackets for the vortech

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 344
block prep for this build and some information for those that are curios.

the first pic is the block just after arrival. arp studs are installed at this point with main caps just attached for transport.

the block is dirty f course, been at the machine shop getting worked over.
the arp studs needed a line bore of mains. so that was just done.

first pic you can see the shape of the main cap and the deep skirted block these new gen hemis use.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 339
a pic of the main saddle area

Attachments

• IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 342
and a pic of the main cap and its shape. two bolt cap with cross bolts

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 346
here is the close up of the main saddle area and one of the main oil galley the galley feeds oil to the piston oilers btw. these bolt into this area as you can see and squirt oil onto the bottom of the pistons. on most strokers these are plugged in my case i am going to plug them. i do not need them

Attachments

• IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 328
close up of the squirter or cooler for the stock piston

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 327
the oil filter pad. this one is prepped to accept the jeep 45 degree oil filter adapter

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 356
top of the block. these are where the mds plugs or the mds solenoids drop into. on a 6.1 they are plugged from mopar. on the 5.7 cars and some trucks and jeeps they use a solenoid that enables the multi displacement system.

Attachments

• IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 331
the plug itself used on this motor. there are 4 of them used

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 323
here is a pick of the deck and the area where on these block the lifter alignment trays bolt in along with the lifters. this block was like new. about 26 miles on the block when i came to me and did not need decking. the deck has a black film on it still.

dont mind it. it wont affect anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 325
one more of the back of the block. this is where the cam plug is placed. not installed yet as i am about to clean the block and install cam bearings..

Attachments

• IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 313
my sfi balancer. it uses key stock so i can spin the blower off it also.
most of these are pressed on. this is neutral balance.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 326
my version of a sump in the gas tank.

some buy em already done. i bought a replacement tank and added my own sump to it.
might do some more trimming and drop the height a bit but as it sits now i have 3 inches worth of "sump".

baffles are in place also inside it. might add some baffles in the tank itself while there is a hole there big enough to do it. i have it set up for two pic ups and one return right now. might lose the return and just use stock sending unit location as a return...

it will be finished before monday for sure......comments? enjoy......

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 308
most of the system i am going to run came from aeromotive. i decided just to one stop shop it..could have saved a few bucks maybe....and thats a big maybe if i went aopther direction but in the end i think it will be a cleaner look.

here is a pic of the radiator and the SPAL fan mounted. nothing special...just hope that it works well...

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 295
Auto Transport Service
Back