• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new roommate.

SteveSS

Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
My son and his wife are going to sell their house so he's been bringing over things of his so his house looks roomier.

Maybe 10 years old, but they can live into their 60's.

ball.jpg

Never understood snakes or lizards for pets. They are not dogs or cats for that matter. I have never seen a snake respond to any human interaction.
Nothing against a snake as they do kill rodents but not as a pet in the house

Have enough trouble getting sleep at night, I doubt having a snake in the house would help much..

Never understood snakes or lizards for pets. They are not dogs or cats for that matter. I have never seen a snake respond to any human interaction.
Nothing against a snake as they do kill rodents but not as a pet in the house

X2

Near Salem Il a young girl was killed by one in her sleep— the family pet got out..

I can’t sleep with a Mosquito in the house let alone a Snake

Some type of boa constrictor?

don’t be prowling Craigslist free-kittens section for snake food

watermelon

I rescued a big box turtle today. He's probably pretty old, but I'm no expert. He was crossing the road and managed to make it exactly half way. I named him Baxter and brought him home to show Rebel. Rebel thought it was a toy and kept trying to pick him up. Baxter wasn't amused, so I put him outside of the fence in a nice turtle friendly environment.

My grand daughters have a ball python. It’s grown to maximum size, at four feet. We researched the snake arena in detail before buying it for them, as a little one measuring under a foot. It curls on my lap more readily than my cats.

Other breeds can be a problem when they reach full size. Anything over seven feet should not be handled solo or allowed to roam.

This guy has been my buddy for over 30 years! And, snakes make awesome pets! They don't make any noise, you only feed them every week or two. If you wanted, you could leave on vacation for months and they would be just fine when you got back. Kids love them, too!

20240531_221709.jpg

20240531_223946.jpg

20230422_233316.jpg

20240404_170313.jpg

It takes quite a while to gain their trust. Their strength is amazing once the get coiled around something like your forearm. Yes that's a Ball Python. Watching them hunt and eat is fascinating.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back