• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

negative camber negative caster

gtxrt

Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
I just had my 67 RT manual steering to the alignment shop because it was toed out and wandering like crazy at high speeds. now it goes very straight and no wandering steering and the wheel is straight.the tire will squeal sometimes around a corner and the wheel does not come all the way back to center like it did before I went there too. would like to change the pass side camber and caster to get it closer to the pass side. read that you move the back in towards the engine for less negative caster and the front towards the fender. I have a degree tool coming.how should I proceed without making a mess of everything. or just leave it the way it is. driver side - 0.2* camber and -0.07* caster. pass side -1.1* camber and -1.3* caster.

20241015_173536.jpg

Just remember any change in caster or camber affects toe .
Toe is always the last adjustment.So if you do change the caster/camber. Reset toe.

Now this is just me. I usually try to get 0 to a positive .25 camber and with manual steering positive .50 to 1.0
This is with a 75 or 70 series tire. 60-50 or less camber will be 0 or negative.
That is in a perfect world. You may have to find just how much adjustment you have and compromise getting as close to the numbers. Such as driverside you can come up with the .25 positive camber and 1 positive caster.
Now the passenger side will only get 0 camber and negative .25 caster. Match the driverside to the passenger side.
Positive caster will make the car track better but with manual steering you don't want too much.Makes it tougher to steer.

Now this is just for instance meaning you will try to match both sides. You may get close to those specs and that's ok as long as you get as close to matching both sides. Mopars rarely do.
The big thing to remember is a negative caster on the DS and 0 or a positive on the PS the car will want to pull/drift to the curb side of the road. And vise-aversa.When I was doing this for a living 50 years ago we would compromise for road crown. Not many even consider road crown any more. Sorry if this sounds confusing. Hope this helps.

would like to get about half a degree less camber and caster on the pass side.

Your alignment is no good. I like 0.5 neg camber, as much POS caster as you can get, and 1/8 toe-in.

Yeah, that looks bad. But there could be some worn parts or damage. I’ve been noticing the trend lately to get a 0.0 straight ahead reading and let camber and caster fall where they fall with no regard for tire wear or cornering.

Couldn’t order it with a Hemi and auto in 66/67 either.

Your alignment is no good. I like 0.5 neg camber, as much POS caster as you can get, and 1/8 toe-in.
that is what I am asking how to get the pass side there. how would you start out move the back adjustment first ?

was reading you can add a washer between the steering knuckle and lower ball joint and get more positive camber.

Auto Transport Service
Back