• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Jeep

i have a 2021 Gladiator, so far i love it, this is my 3 rd jeep. Like you, the 4cy turbo diesel kinda scared me, so i went with the v-6
I wasn't even aware of a 4cyl turbo diesel, is it Fiat based? I only knew of the turbo 4 gas engine with 270 hp.

CHrger 383- why not anything after 07.... I have a 16 cummins 2500. Never been in the shop. I did use calibrated solutions and reprogram it. never has any emissions issues. Love my diesel
Not to poo-poo on the parade, the emission controls are slowly clogging your engine. If you drive around at light throttle all or most of the time it will take forever to stick the rings so probably ok. If it's loaded heavy they will clog faster. It mostly comes from the EGR gets dirty, becomes slow acting and dumps excessive exhaust into combustion chambers, as the pressure and temps go up it just packs all that soot into the ring lands. The temp increase in the EGR cooler causes it to eventually fail/crack, causing hydraulic lock from coolant.
The filter is like a cat on a car they can last a long time, but it will need cleaned or replaced. The DEF fluid is usually only a problem on heavy loaded engines, just wears out faster from more active time.
These are not if problems, but when. When might be beyond the time you intend to get rid of it.
I love Diesel's, but they are killing them off, one reliability problem at a time.
I hope my 91 Dodge outlives me and I know my 07 KW will outlive my remaining career.
I wanted to get my wife a 14,15,16 Jeep GC a few years ago, but they are hard to find. Now VW auto group f+$!Ed up diesels in the pass car market for at least 10 years.

The only diesel I like is a old Cummins, Cat or 2 stroke Detroit. Mechanical diesels seldom fail to run.. only draw back is stinky tail pipes.. Just my two cents worth!
I cut my teeth on a 8V92 and 400 big cam3.

78K on my '15 Renegade.

Not a "real" Jeep, but I LOVE the 1.4 turbo six speed manual setup.

Power and economy are both great.

My wife chirped third on the test drive with both me and the salesman in the car.

I've had a few cars and more than my share of Jeeps, the extra fleet.
fleet.JPG

Any good or bad news on the Jeep diesel wrangler (4 Door)

I can only find stuff on car and driver. They are so few and far between to find i am looking for real world information.

my wifes highlander hybrid is acting up. Talked to the Jeep dealer and might order a 21 leftover. the dealer said that every option will be an added price next year because of the chip shortage. Also they are going back to manual windows and stuff. Is that true?

Thanks all
At the price being asked and sold for, no way would I fork over to have one. Better to just pick up a used Ram truck IMHO...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

My neighbors fresh I helped him build a couple years ago
68 CJ5 225cid Buick Dauntless V6 Atlas OD Dana-44 & D-35
Mopar Burnt Orange

Darrens 68 Jeep CJ5 photos Attachments 9-19-2016.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back