• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to Mopar! Here's my new 1969 Superbee project car!

brandonf2514@gm

Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
Just bought my first mopar. I bring you greetings fron the Gen 1 camaro world "68 z28". I made this post specifically for everyone to tell that they would pay $500 for it and it's too far gone haha. The bad is obviously shown in the pictures,so I'll tell you about the good amd why I decided to buy the car:

- Real 1969 superbee bee

-Numbers matching 383 4v 4 speed car

-Factory N96 car, and and has the following codes that you can make out from the fender tag "in person":

-E63, D21, Y2, Y2, H2X, X9, A31, A62, J25, M21, N96, R11, V1X, V8X, 26, END

-Comes with an extra 8-9k in parts to complete the car including :

*Additional stock hood

*2 usable doors

*2 additional front fenders

*Additional trunk lid

*Additional bellhousing

*833 23 spline 4 speed transmission

*Left and right new reproduction Sherman quater skins

*pillar post section from a good car to replace the one of the drivers side.

*Additional front bumber bracket

-The VIN, fender tag, radiator support, trunk gutter and engine are all Numbers matching.

-Comes with a clean title

-Factory colors are y2 yellow with a black vinyl top. It's was painted brown on the 70's

-Price was somewhere between $0-$10,000

I bought this particular car mainly because it's a verifiable Numbers matching 383 4 speed n96 car and it deserves to see the road again. Won't see it this year or next year,but in the next few coming years haha. Despite the condition of the car currently,I'm happy with my purchase.

Screenshot_20240706_132916_Facebook.jpg

20240706_110150.jpg

20240706_110122.jpg

20240706_110106.jpg

20240706_105827.jpg

Screenshot_20240706_132953_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240706_132942_Facebook.jpg

20240706_114411.jpg

20240706_105800.jpg

20240706_105809.jpg

Bottle of windex and a few tires it's a driver!
Haha I wish. I'll be doing some of the work myself. Pretty much anything that's not paint or metal work. Not in a big rush to do thing. Learned my lesson with my 68 z about just dumping money out to a shop for a frame off restoration.

I wish you the best of luck,lots of work there. AMD is the way to go. Bag and tag everything. I thought 3 years on my charger,now hoping done in 5.

Good colour, trans and fresh air. Glad you're going to save it. Sometimes a little rust is just as bad as a lot of rust.

I wish you the best of luck,lots of work there. AMD is the way to go. Bag and tag everything. I thought 3 years on my charger,now hoping done in 5.
Thanks,I'll look into them. From my understanding,they don't make the fenders anymore for these cars,so having the replacements as well as other hard to find parts helps alot. I'm going to do the fiberglass work and fix the factory ramcharger system that's installed,so I'll save money there as well. Anything that I can do myself,I'm game to do. As of now,I don't plan to restore it to concourse levels,just a nice numbers matching driver.

Good colour, trans and fresh air. Glad you're going to save it. Sometimes a little rust is just as bad as a lot of rust.
Thanks,that's what made me grab it. You can rebuild anything if you have time,resources,and drive. Whether you're rebuilding a numbers car or a non numbers car is one of the biggest things to consider. I'm new to mopar,but with doing my research on what's available on the market in terms of project bee's,a numbers matching 4 speed n96 car with a clean title and a bunch of parts sub 10k is a rare sight these days. Looking forward to rebuilding it with my 6 year old,he's into classic muscle already.

welcome to Mopar lol....... I'd be on the lookout for a solid 4 door donor car in addition to the AMD stuff

welcome to Mopar lol....... I'd be on the lookout for a solid 4 door donor car in addition to the AMD stuff
Thanks,the guy that got it from has a good 69 4 door.thats where the replacement pillar came from. Oh and I also got the rear tail panel replacement from the 69 4 door car as well. I may ask if he just wants to sell the whole 4 door roller haha.

That would be a great one to get to the finish line. Its rare that it survived all these years intact! Just has a few blemishes!Lol

Our 69 bee the original engine was long gone..I started with replacing the front floor pans and found out the right front frame rail rusted from the inside out, mice made a nest. I really couldn't tell until the floor pan was up. Same way for the rear frame. So 3 out of 4 are getting replaced now. I was hoping to save all the frames, No such luck! Hope your luck is better! I had to make more contributions to AMD then I planned!

That would be a great one to get to the finish line. Its rare that it survived all these years intact! Just has a few blemishes!Lol

Our 69 bee the original engine was long gone..I started with replacing the front floor pans and found out the right front frame rail rusted from the inside out, mice made a nest. I really couldn't tell until the floor pan was up. Same way for the rear frame. So 3 out of 4 are getting replaced now. I was hoping to save all the frames, No such luck! Hope your luck is better!
I'll have it on the road by Monday,most of the big stuff is already done. Haha. Sorry to hear that your engine didn't make it. Yeah I was surprised that the frame rails on this one were good,you wouldn't think so looking at the surface haha. Question,how much does number's matching increase or decrease the value of mopars "particularly superbees" . I know it a big factor regardless of manufacture,but I'm curious about superbees in general. Prices for restored cars seem to be all over the place from my research online. I've see A12 cars listed at 80+ and I've seen 383 cars listed at 80+ haha. Hey I guess you can ask whatever price you want at the end of the day.

Thanks,the guy that got it from has a good 69 4 door.thats where the replacement pillar came from. Oh and I also got the rear tail panel replacement from the 69 4 door car as well. I may ask if he just wants to sell the whole 4 door roller haha.
I also used a bunch from the rear from a low mileage wrecked 4 door. Still looking at it trying to figure out the best way to use as much of the 4 door as I can. I have made a couple cuts and wished I would have done it differently..4 door was hit in the front..so ordered front parts from AMD.

Screenshot_20240706_171904_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230930_215024_Photos.jpg

We bought the 4 door in the late 80s for $35.
It had 28k miles. Little old lady took a right turn into a truck.:steering:
I am doubting we are going back green w ours..and have since acquired a 69 dana 60 and a six pack..so headed down the a12 replica path. Seems there are more of those out there then matching number 383 bees!

Screenshot_20240706_171820_Photos.jpg

We bought the 4 door in the late 80s for $35.
It had 28k miles. Little old lady took a right turn into a truck.:steering:
I am doubting we are going back green w ours..and have since acquired a 69 dana 60 and a six pack..so headed down the a12 replica path. Seems there are more of those out there then matching number 383 bees!

View attachment 1690417
Interesting, the guy that I got my 69 from also has a Dana car as well. The Dana cars are even rarer that the 426 hemi and a12 cars aren't they? Don't know much about them as my mopar knowledge only extends to a month,but from what I read the seem super rare.

Be sure to involve a good frame shop in the build process. They may want to do some pulling before you cut any sheet metal off.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back