• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now This Is Interesting!!!

cr8crshr

Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
It appears that the Chrysler Family wants it back from all these useless owners and potential buyers. That would be a major win if so for the MOPAR Brand...Discuss...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Grandson wants to try to resurrect the brand

He better have some major money backers behind him to pull that off

IMO, its tough hill to climb. The only Chrysler is what Minivan and / or does the Durango thing or what ever its called now still exist ?

The how Mr.Rhodes wants to turn it around is the question. From the performance guys (me) make another RR type car. Price performance packages from mild to some what wild with price in mind. When 68 RR's came out it was to bad they didn't put 440's in them, a missed opportunity. Dump pure EVs and make Hybrid to keep government happy. Make cross/overs for sales
Pay attention to the Performance parts and not price gouge. My dealer accident gave price list in 1970 with list price and Dealer Cost showed a hefty mark up.

I had read this the other day on AllPar. He said he is looking for some major backers to pull it off. I liked reading what his reasons are for doing it. Hopefully he can pull it off.

It appears that the Chrysler Family wants it back from all these useless owners and potential buyers. That would be a major win if so for the MOPAR Brand...Discuss...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

From the MSN link:
"Rhodes has submitted a passionate proposal/scathing critique to the Steallantis CEO on how to revive the Dodge and Chrysler brands."

Though row to hoe.
Been through this scenario
with a major bus manufacturer.
Copywrights for tooling,
plant location/procurement,
knowlegeable (willing to
relocate managerial workforce), available
general workforce.
Chrysler hàs been thru this before with the
aquisition of AMC. Though they chose the the
one brand that was keeping AMC afloat. JEEP.
AMC was notorious for taking advantage of
many of the big three component designs and
(after a few minor revisions), changing them
just enough to become AMC specific. GM
power steering, chrysler/GM transmissions,
Ford ignition systems.
I can see, for ease of transition, where the
Chrysler family may have a similar approach
considering many more players in the game.
I've mentioned before (like Harely) the Jeep brand,
regardless of current builds reputations, will go a
long way in keeping the Chrysler brand afloat.
Where initiial sales generate capital, it's the
governments' mandates of ten years warranty
parts availability that's the money maker.
Hats off to the Chrysler family if they can
pull this off, given the global influnce of todays'
automotive world.
Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Reading his letter he would have been better off having a pro rewrite that rambling, sometimes babbling, appeal to sell him the company.

I appreciate his passion. I agree with his premise that the once great company is a dismal shadow of its former self. I would love to find a reason to buy one of their vehicles.

But he has a long row to hoe if he wants the present ownership to sell him the only profitable portion of its portfolio to a new American ownership group.

It is just sad to see this unfold before our eyes...

Maybe he is going about this wrong.
Does Stellantis own other nameplates also? AMC for example? Eagle? DeSoto lol....
None of them have had a model made in decades now. If the nameplate is still owned by our global buddies, they might sell that a whole lot cheaper then Chrysler.
Of course, if he is angling to buy the actual factories and infrastructure, that is another story.

The guy could pick any of the ancient defunct branches, make a couple well done TV ads explaining the heritage and the vision, design ONE GOOD CAR, and he might have a chance.

Chrysler/Dodge = Dead Man Walking! Sad to say. It's like watching a dog that has been hit on the road die.

The guy could pick any of the ancient defunct branches, make a couple well done TV ads explaining the heritage and the vision, design ONE GOOD CAR, and he might have a chance.
Call Lee Iococca. Have one brand (Chrysler) for luxury, high-end $$, another brand for everyman. Affordable cost and reliability, the keys to success.

Call Lee Iococca. Have one brand (Chrysler) for luxury, high-end $$, another brand for everyman. Affordable cost and reliability, the keys to success.
That's what I mean though, he wouldn't even need Chrysler.
Imagine starting up a 100%(or best as he could manage) American car company. Chrysler? Why not AMC? America.
High end? How about Eagle. As in our mascot.

I am just not sure what his goals are, buying the existing company with all it's baggage or starting a new one with the company's heritage front and center made here in the US.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Well put.
Stellantis holds the rights to the name and all
"things" associated with Cbrysler. I doubt Stellantis
is willing to release the warranty rights to many of
it's parts for chrysler vehicles which may be used on
other vehicles in it's line up.
It'll take deep pockets to get through these hurdles.
Redesign, retooling, required to make those parts
once more specific to the "new" Chrysler brand.
Similar to what Chrysler did with AMC starting
with the Wrangler.

I am just not sure what his goals are, buying the existing company with all it's baggage or starting a new one with the company's heritage front and center made here in the US.
E xactly....start a fresh company with the WP Chrysler name if necessary..... build two new model cars as said above - one high-end, another like an everyman car. Sales will take off if the car looks the part and is priced right.
There is so much passion for buying American made.... capitalise on that while the opportunity is there.

Well said Kiwi, well said!

Good on him for trying, but I don't see any room in the market for Chrysler unless we were to kick out the foreign car brands. Then there might be room for American car brands again.

I'm sure that it will go nowhere. With only three models, Chrysler & Dodge's days are numbered.

Screenshot_20240901-074845~3.png

Stellantis Media - Statement in Response to Proposal to Sell Chrysler and Dodge Brands

That's crazy that Stellantis would rather let Chrysler die in December than sell off Dodge with it and at least make some money. They are gambling that the new EV Dodges sell well. That just goes to show you that they don't understand the US market.

What a shame... I hope W.P and The Dodge brothers haunt them forever! Lol!

Auto Transport Service
Back