• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They Are Still Out There Just To Be Discovered

Everyone says they are going to restore it someday,and their last day happens before they get to it!
The ones that get me the most are old farmers. I've known personally and been to dozens of farmers places, that have their own version of a landfill / junkyard in the back of their places. It's always the same old story, they don't want it, but if you do, it must be worth something and they're going to keep it and work on it in their spare time............ "one day". Two of Theresa's family members did it to me for years. One I carried to the grave and the other is waiting for the Ferryman. I was a collector of everything, except cars. I don't run a, save me for another day junk yard. My age, how many, and time, it doesn't add up. At some point it isn't hoarding or greed, it's selfish. There isn't room in that box for a body and all those cars, but at the end of the day, to each their own............

The ones that get me the most are old farmers. I've known personally and been to dozens of farmers places, that have their own version of a landfill / junkyard in the back of their places. It's always the same old story, they don't want it, but if you do, it must be worth something and they're going to keep it and work on it in their spare time............ "one day". Two of Theresa's family members did it to me for years. One I carried to the grave and the other is waiting for the Ferryman. I was a collector of everything, except cars. I don't run a, save me for another day junk yard. My age, how many, and time, it doesn't add up. At some point it isn't hoarding or greed, it's selfish. There isn't room in that box for a body and all those cars, but at the end of the day, to each their own............
My county has a similar situation with the farmers. I personally know of three high end cars that have ended up this way. On a more positive note, my late friend Sam and his brother bought up many of them over the years, and some of those parts live on in Baby Blue, and the cars Sam restored.

I'm trying to have this not be me.
All mine are inside. I've sold 7or 8 cars in couple of years. I was pleased to get pictures of progress on those. 20 to go.
Currently helping the heirs of an estate clear out a mere 7 cars and parts.
I'm young and quit working to play with cars. So far, just sorting parts, doing deffered shop maintenace. And daily fleet maintanece.

I had over 25 of them, and at age sixty,I am probably not going to get to all of them, so I started downsizing my heard about three years ago. I have sold seven,and only bought two. I gave myself a new incentive to continue to downsize the heard. I want to get rid of six project cars and buy one Hellcat Redeye Challenger to replace them with.

At one time I had close to a dozen cars , in various shapes and conditions. Most run and drove . maybe 2 or 3 didnt.

Sold them all by the time the early 2000s tolled around, Got out of the cars for a while.
Bought my current car as a done turn key car in Oct 2020

A part of me wants a 2nd keeper car but , IF i do. It will running driving , And probably a convertible
That Maybe needs some tinkering / detailing will be about the max.

I've no interest in another full blown ground up restoration, ever again

Auto Transport Service
Back