• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now, where did this spring come from. Trans...

'67Satellite

Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
As if the terrible noises werent enough. Now Ive found a tiny spring in my trans pan. I had pulled the valve body off last week to look for damage and found nothing. Putting everything back together and i have this spring laying in the pan. Any clue guys?

1005132218.jpg

It's been a long time that I was in a TF but I don't recall a little spring like that.

There are various springs that press against either a ball or slide valve, kind of hard to tell from that picture. If you have a shop manual, look at the valve body section. I can upload pictures from a '70 manual if you need.

There are various springs that press against either a ball or slide valve, kind of hard to tell from that picture. If you have a shop manual, look at the valve body section. I can upload pictures from a '70 manual if you need.

Id appreciate it, thanks.

I just put a valve body shift kit in my 727, and don't recall seeing anything that small in there. Looks like its too short to fit anywhere. Is your shift lever detent ball and spring in place and working properly?

I just put a valve body shift kit in my 727, and don't recall seeing anything that small in there. Looks like its too short to fit anywhere. Is your shift lever detent ball and spring in place and working properly?

Everything seems to be there and working. Just strange, i didnt disassemble anything on the valvebody itself. So im not sure where it couldve come from.

It's definitely NOT from the valve body...might be from the neutral safety switch. Is that intact?

Auto Transport Service
Back