• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

1703390723367.png

Page out of MT Motor Trend, Car Life; HR Hot Rod; CC Car Craft- SS Super Stock' HC High Performance Cars, CD Car and Driver RT Road and Track. All combined to compile results. My show results at Englishtown.

View attachment 1578773

View attachment 1578774

View attachment 1578777

View attachment 1578778

View attachment 1578779
I'm not sure what your point in all this is. Do I doubt how fast your car was? Nope.
A list was presented from a periodic publication; it didn't have the particular car you wanted on it,
which is neither something I can do anything about nor was it the point of the post.
That's about it.
Moving on...

The Tignanelli Brothers - I met them at MCACN a few years ago. Tom has some great stories of all the trick stuff they tried out and did to their cars. They had their '68 Hemi Barracuda there, and he pulled out a pair of titanium torsion bars he had sitting in the trunk. He had me hold them, and they were light as a feather.

The Tignanelli Brothers - I met them at MCACN a few years ago. Tom has some great stories of all the trick stuff they tried out and did to their cars. They had their '68 Hemi Barracuda there, and he pulled out a pair of titanium torsion bars he had sitting in the trunk. He had me hold them, and they were light as a feather.
I wonder if they were hollow? Titanium is 1.6 times as heavy as aluminum or a little over half the weight of steel so they should have had a little weight.

I would say they were about the weight of pex tubing - they were that light. Very well could have been hollow. He told me how they had the '68 Hemi Barracuda set up where the whole floor of the car was able to be raised and lowered depending on what they wanted it to do.

The Demonstrator, back when it was new, and as it looks today. Both photos taken at the same dealership. A few changes - dealership under new ownership, car no longer has dealer installed trailer towing package in place, white lines were changed to red, and I now have the '66 Imperial hood ornament hanging from the inside mirror.

811DD74D-B5BF-4314-A937-26E79FA9028C.jpeg

285847C8-1338-402D-8026-5C7282651AD7.jpeg

Last edited:
My B7 Hemi GTX, I guess this is actually a back in the day shot now as well. Mid 1990's.

oldmopar3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back