• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post up facts and things that hardly anyone knows...... (for entertainment purposes only. NO need to fact check)

In flight, hummingbirds reach top speeds of 30 mph while moving forward, but they can double that speed to up to 60 mph while diving.

Fairly loud when they buzz past your ear too!

In flight, hummingbirds reach top speeds of 30 mph while moving forward, but they can double that speed to up to 60 mph while diving.

Fairly loud when they buzz past your ear too!
Something I didn't know about them is that they are mean!

That is a fur- sure. Put up a feeder and watch the fights.
A neighbor down the street had several feeders and who knows how many birds that came to them.....it's was nuts and don't get in their way either! lol

I had a feeder at the corner of my garage, where I could stand VERY STILL, and watch em feed , and fight, from about three feet away. They got used to me standing there occasionally, and as long as I didn't move, they didn't seem to care. Four feeding posts, four birds at a time frequently, as long as the dominant male wasnt chasing them away.
I don't have the feeder up anymore, but I do have a big honeysuckle, and the hummers still use that sometimes.

That is a fur- sure. Put up a feeder and watch the fights.
I call them the little fighter planes. We have 3 feeders and plenty of flowers. We had one who would sit in the tree and when another would try to go to one particular feeder, he would dive at them. They do sound like mini planes when they fight.

*A man can reduce his chances of getting prostate cancer by having at least 4 orgasms a week.
(But honey...it is for my health.)
But flying solo leads to premature blindness. :rofl:

But flying solo leads to premature blindness. :rofl:
01 fake 1.jpg

Are you living proof of that emphatic reply? :lol:
Batting practice for the big game.
You either show up prepared and rehearsed or you make mistakes and get benched for the rest of the game.

01 face 29.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back