• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post up facts and things that hardly anyone knows...... (for entertainment purposes only. NO need to fact check)

Batting practice for the big game.
cd4f386e-c981-4a93-9b85-a862bc602ec9_text.gif

I had a feeder at the corner of my garage, where I could stand VERY STILL, and watch em feed , and fight, from about three feet away. They got used to me standing there occasionally, and as long as I didn't move, they didn't seem to care. Four feeding posts, four birds at a time frequently, as long as the dominant male wasnt chasing them away.
I don't have the feeder up anymore, but I do have a big honeysuckle, and the hummers still use that sometimes.
We had feeders but...
bear14.jpg

Dunning-Kruger, right?

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias that occurs when someone overestimates their knowledge or abilities in a specific area, even though they lack experience or competence in that area. This can lead to a faulty perception of their skills, and people who experience the effect may be unaware of their own limitations.

I have seen engineers on this site that exhibit this annoying trait.
Wife has a younger brother who is an extreme example. Washed out of an Ivy League university. If it wasn't for some long shot windfalls, he would be a skid row bum today. Has some limited analytical intelligence, but zero ability to make practical decisions. Can't be trusted to schedule a doctor appointment on his own, and get the time right. I just dealt with fall out from this yesterday. I used to get riled up when he would try to tout his "superiority" over me. Now I just treat him like a ten year old.

Rigor mortis, or the stiffening of the body after death, begins in the extremities, such as the fingers and toes, and persists for a number of hours, depending on environmental factors, then leaves the body in reverse order.

Rigor mortis, or the stiffening of the body after death, begins in the extremities, such as the fingers and toes, and persists for a number of hours, depending on environmental factors, then leaves the body in reverse order.
I can't wait for Greg's reply....... :rofl:

Rigor mortis, or the stiffening of the body after death, begins in the extremities, such as the fingers and hose, and persists for a number of hours, depending on environmental factors, then leaves the body in reverse order.
THere, I fixed it for Greg.

I try to play the good boy and you guys try to drag me into the ring again.

01 face 33.jpg

Sliced bread, the modern tooth brush (with synthetic fibers), Scotch tape, Toll House cookies. the car radio, and Nylon stockings / pantyhose were all U.S. inventions around the time of Great Depression that were all wildly successful and had an impact on recovery from the Great Depression...

Sliced bread, the modern tooth brush (with synthetic fibers), Scotch tape, Toll House cookies. the car radio, and Nylon stockings / pantyhose were all U.S. inventions around the time of Great Depression that were all wildly successful and had an impact on recovery from the Great Depression...
Necessity is... :usflag:

The inventor of the ball point got the idea when he was watching some kids play marbles and noticed that when the marble rolled through a water puddle, it would make a line of water as it rolled out of the puddle.

Lazlo Biro. He patented his idea and then, years later, licensed it to a guy named Marcel Bich. Bich dropped the H from his last name and the idea became a company named BiC...

At one time, chicken wings were unwanted leftover pieces of the bird and commonly discarded as scrap or used only for soups or broths.

Somewhere there is a pile of mismatched socks jumbled up with 10-mm sockets.

The last thing that goes through the mind of a bug that hits your windshield is his a$$.

Real radios glow in the dark.

You can pick your nose but you shouldn't pick your friends nose.

Here are a few more:

50 GOLDEN RULES FOR LIFE.
1. Never shake hands at anyone without standing up.
2. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
3. If they trust you a secret, keep it.
4. If they lend you a car, return it with a full tank.
5. Do things with passion or don't do it at all.
6. When you shake your hand make it firm and look that person in the eye.
7. Live the experience of traveling alone.
8. Never turn down a pepprmint pill, the reasons are obvious.
9. Take advice if you want to grow old.
10. Come eat with the new person at school/office.
11. When you text someone and you're angry: finish, read it, delete it, and rewrite the message.
12. At the table you don't talk about work, politics, or religion.
13. Write your goals, and work on them.
14. Defend your point of view but be tolerant and respectful to others.
15. Call and visit your relatives.
16. Never regret anything, learn from everything
17. Honor and loyalty must be present in your personality.
18. Don't lend money to someone you know won't pay you back.
19. Believe in something.
20. Tend your bed when you wake up in the mornings.
21. Sing in the shower.
22. Care for a plant or a garden.
23. Keep an eye on the sky every chance you get.
24. Discover your skills and exploit them.
25. Love your job or leave it.
26. Ask for help when you need it.
27. Teach someone a value, preferably a small one.
28. Appreciate and thank the one who extends your hand.
29. Be kind to your neighbors.
30. Make someone's day happier, it will make you happier too.
31. Compete with yourself.
32 Treat yourself at least once a year
33. Take care of your health.
34. Always greet with a smile.
35. Think fast but speak slow.
36. Don't talk with a mouth full.
37. Polish your shoes, cut your nails, and always keep a good look.
38. Don't put your opinion on issues you don't know.
39. Never mistreat anyone.
40. Live your life as if it were the last day of it.
41. Never miss a wonderful opportunty to remain quiet.
42. Recognize someone for their effort.
43. Be humble, even though not all the time.
44. Never forget your roots.
45. Travel when you can.
46. Give up the step.
47 Dance in the rain.
48. Seek your success without giving up.
49. Be fair, stand up for those who need you.
50. Learn to enjoy moments of loneliness.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back