• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post up facts and things that hardly anyone knows...... (for entertainment purposes only. NO need to fact check)

Giuseppe (joe) Zangara, who supposedly shot at FDR, and killed the mayor of Chicago instead, committed his crime on February 15, 1933. The mayor died on March 6th, of sepsis. After spending ten days on death row, Joe was executed on March 20, 1933.
There is a theory that Zangara really was a mafia-hired assasin, and Anton Cermak, the mayor, WAS the real target.
Zangara was short, standing on a rickety chair to shoot, and he was intentionally bumped by a woman standing next to him.
If Cermak wasnt the target, he was an unlucky sob.
After I wrote the above quoted comment, I was alerted to a massive case of injustice at the hands of corrupt police and a less than honest DA......involving a very close family member of a popular member here. For that I am sorry......there are always cases that are the exception.

Apart from that....
Interesting Man Post_count_meme.jpg

The US Army didn't send an investigative team to
the Roswell UFO crash site until nearly a month
after it was reported.

After I wrote the above quoted comment, I was alerted to a massive case of injustice at the hands of corrupt police and a less than honest DA......involving a very close family member of a popular member here. For that I am sorry......there are always cases that are the exception.

Apart from that....
View attachment 1707815
On a smaller scale, I defended a similar case for my corporate employer, and won. Overweight fine with corrupt local enforcement. Cost the company triple the cost of the fine to ultimately win, but we set a needed precedent across the state of Pennsylvania.

Anybody heard of John Schrank?
Me either.
He was the guy who shot Teddy Roosevelt.
Stalked him over a few states, had a "vision of William McKinley" (also shot, and killed) that he was supposed to stop TR, from winning a third term.
TR was shot in the chest, claimed he was fine, went on to give a 50 minute speech, then told his audience, "wanna see where I was shot?"and opened his jacket to show his bloody shirt and bullet wound. (He gave his speech with a broken rib)
Shot with a 38 at pointblank range, TR was saved because the bullet had to pass thru a 50 page speech folded double in his breast pocket, along with a glasses case.
TR was eventually hospitalized.
John Schrank, german-american saloon owner, was judged insane, committed to an institution for 31 years, during which he had no visitors, or letters.

The only African country that doesn't celebrate Independence Day is Ethiopia. It is the only African country not to be colonized. They successfully defeated Italy at the battle of Adwa.

Did you know Alfalfa (The Little Rascals) died from a gunshot wound from a dispute over money? He was 31

Did you know Alfalfa (The Little Rascals) died from a gunshot wound from a dispute over money? He was 31
Did you know alfalfa hay is not good for horses?
Cows can eat it without issue. Horses can eat some, but can develope issues if over consumed. Regular western sweet timothy grass is better for them.

Cows have 4 stomachs. Horses have 1.

My ex wife ate as if she had four stomachs but she just had one the size of four human stomachs.

I used to have to take her to the restaurant early just to get an estimate.
Often times, she'd look at a menu and just say....YES.
She didn't wear Daisy Dukes, she wore Boss Hoggs.
Her high school photograph was taken from the roof of the school.
She thought I loved my car more than I loved her. I'll admit, the car made fewer emissions.

Ice cube trays filled with hot water will freeze harder than those filled with cold water.
I've tried it various times and I haven't seen a difference. {for the record, I did an empirical test just to prove my girlfriend wrong LOL}

Auto Transport Service
Back