• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress report, Junkyard Dog

There were actually from the inside of a very old farm impliment sales building. They are brown rather than the typical sun weathered gray barn boards you might find from the exterior of a building.

Brad nailed them random lengths right over OSB sheeting and used little patches of tar paper stapled behind any knot holes.

Ok, enought hijack.

Matt, what's cookin on your projects dude?

Beautiful weekend up in northern MN. Gonna roll my bird outside for some sanding in the sunshine.

That's a good lookin cabin Dave!

I've got nothin to report on the projects, had one of my nieces first comunion to attend yesterday morning so I couldn't even get my 4 hours in this week!
My car club was supposed to have a swap meet and car show today, but it hasn't stopped raining for a couple of days here so not many people showed, bummer!
I need to finish that table and a couple of other client projects so I can free up some space in the shop and at that point I think I'm going to start on the Challenger, I'm going to go crazy if I don't move forward on one of the cars.

Beauty of a day here Matt, happy sunshine making it's way east, you should see it in a day or so :grin:

hey matt,i'm paying close attention on what you are doing on the back windows,might have to do something like that with mine.

Here is the finished dining room table, delivered to client yesterday. Turned out great if I do say so myself!
I may even get some work done on the "DOG" soon, I hope.
Roger, get a hold of me if you want anymore info or particular pics of that area.
Always glad to help.

Attachments

• IMG_6352.JPG
    IMG_6352.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 887
  • IMG_6357.JPG
    IMG_6357.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_6359.JPG
    IMG_6359.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_6364.JPG
    IMG_6364.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 862
will do matt.That table looks great. Is that going to be your second calling?

Wow! Hand built quality furniture is something that just cannot be beat. Great work Matt! IMO Black Walnut with it's tight grain, hardness and color, has to be one of the most beautiful woods for furniture.

Thanks guys, it did turn out nice. As far as it being a second calling? I've been a carpenter/cabinet maker for 24 years and it is my primary source of income, thankfully I'm finally getting good at it:icon_thumright:. I would say the restoration thing could be a second calling but that remains to be seen as I have not even finished one car yet, darn career keeps getting in the way!
I did have a strange hole in my schedule today so I fired up the compressor and the cabinet blaster and stripped some bolt ons for the "DOG". See, I haven't forgotten about him!

Attachments

• IMG_6456.JPG
    IMG_6456.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 781
I love quality wood work! Matt, you da man!

Some pics, Me out by Sturgis in front of Devils tower. Second pic is of mu buddy's Lambo. not a great pic but it was in a real small garage. Third pic is of the fireplace I built by hand in my house that I also built. Well I did a lot of the work anyways. OOps they didn't load in the same order

Attachments

• DSC00639.jpg
    DSC00639.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 730
  • DSC00582.jpg
    DSC00582.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 745
  • DSC00575.jpg
    DSC00575.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 727
  • DSC00554.jpg
    DSC00554.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 738
  • DSC00432.jpg
    DSC00432.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 736
Sweet table Matt!! Nice to see U do the same quality of work all around!! Hope the DOG is comin' along!! If u know anyone that wants a 69 sport satellite project, fairly easy at this point, or at least a helluva a head start ! Then let me know!! alot of spare parts!! Sorry to hijack a little if I did. Hope to meet U someday shake your hand,and swill some brews! Hope all is well! Can't wait to see the mystery car unfold as well! Do U still have the Chally?

Thanks Prop, starting to get caught up with work. I had a couple of decent outside jobs that I had to stop working on when winter hit last year(clients were fine with it). Then I had quite a busy winter and couldn't exactly drop what I was doing for the winter clients when spring started, so needless to say I basically had to double up on the hours until I got the winter client work done and now I am leveling back out. Bottom line, I haven't had any time to work on the "DOG" because I am too busy making money and I'm fine with it!! I'll get back to it soon or I'll start writing checks and get to work on one of the other projects that are in my own shop that I can work on anytime.
BTW that tumbleweed thing is awesome!

Auto Transport Service
Back