• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress report, Junkyard Dog

The main thing is that your making money, lot of folks in the good ol US of A not so lucky. Lets see some pics of the other projects in your shop.

Thought id come out of just following along for a min, The quality of your table is fantastic, Good looking quality wood..Glad your busy Matt, looking forward to the next update on the DOG.. Real fine looking home finallygotmine!! I love the country, Fireplace truly beautiful... Real fine quality work you guys are doing.

Thanks Ron 73!
Hey Superfreak, Lucky for me I enjoy most of the client work that I do almost as much as working on the cars. The problem with that is that I am not cooped up in an office everyday all week wishing I were working with my hands so I tend to just keep on whatever client project I am working on during the day well into the evening and never switch over to the cars.
I picked up this `70 Challenger A66 340 performance package project a couple of years ago, #'s mathing basket case with fender tag and build sheet. Thought about selling it but the longer I have it the more I look forward to restoring it.
http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2826

Last year a buddy of mine and I bought another project car together and I will be buying him out of his half shortly by providing my labor redoing his kitchen. This car is one that I am really excited for and I won't fully expose exactly what it is until I am the sole owner. I can say that it is a `68 Coronet R/T and here it is.
Most recently I picked up a `66 Charger project that I was hoping to make a quick flip but I still have it and may turn it into a driver if I can't get my asking price and here it is.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=19857

Attachments

• IMG_5492_1.JPG
    IMG_5492_1.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,082
Man, I would love to get a challenger or Cuda. Love the body style. That one is way beyond my capabilities tho. Good thing a guy like you has them. With those cars, you should have yourself busy right into retirement. LOL

hey matt-that challenger looks like it will take some time.how are you coming on "the dog"?

I think I remember seeing that challenger on Craig’s list. That one will be really cool when you get er done. Wher do do you find time to work on all these projects? Do you ever sleep? Sit back and relax a bit. :VB toast:

Matt, some good looking work for sure! My Uncle is a cabinet man too, does it as a hobby, now it's his full time job now that he's retired from Boeing. He builds good stuff as you do too! I have a new neighbor in my building; he's a cabinet maker -- so I shall go make my acquaintance with him next time I see them all there. The Dog has 10K more hits that my GTX thread! We used to be neck and neck almost even, darn it, time to get busy again! :)

I know it's not much, but I finally got some of the parts I have been media blasting painted this past weekend. Any progress is good progress!:icon_winkle:

Attachments

• IMG_6695.JPG
    IMG_6695.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 967
stuff like that I'd have to wire down to my table or it would launch into orbit when I start blasting small stuff like this!

He he, small stuff, a prop shaft... That one was good Donny! A little more juice than in my blaster i guess...

Looking good Matt, lets see how long you can stay a head from Donny, he is really starting do some serious work now! Keep posting!

And I also want an E-Body!!!!

More power to you Donny, it would be great to see you catch up! BUT I AIN'T GONNA LET THAT HAPPEN!!!!!

No gun fight here on my end, but...if it came to that, I'd withdraw, get my rifle out, remember my marksmanship training, hide, conceal myself, and squeeze the trigger; one shot, one kill!

welder

I tried a search of the forum to see if you mentioned what type of welder you are using on your RR. Didn't see it, so... what type of welder are you using?
I'm looking at a junkyard refugee to restore and it will need plenty of welding.

I am using a Miller 140 that I bought new when I started this project and it never let me down.

Absolutely nothing new to post on the "DOG" project. I have just been way too busy with work to make it down to the colision shop. I was hoping to be able to take some time off this fall but I can allready see that's not going to happen, in fact it looks like I'm booked solid through the year and in to next. I think I'm going to hire the rest of this one done to the point that it is painted. Even though I've said that I wouldn't work on 2 projects at once I am gearing up to start on the Challenger here at my shop. If the "DOG" was in my shop I'd be working on it quite a bit on the weekends. I do plan on taking the engine to my builder soon, along with the 340 from the Challenger and I'll have the "DOG"s trans rebuilt by my buddy. The rear axle just needs bearings before it's ready for assembly. Getting ready to take some parts to the rechromer and the seats to my upholstery guy. I'll post pics of any progress that is made on it wether I do the work or somebody else does. Superfreak, the last time I even saw the "DOG" was when I went and grabbed those window corner pieces out of it that I sent you. How did those work?

Still waiting for buddy John to finish media blasting before we go any further.

Auto Transport Service
Back