• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress report, Junkyard Dog

Let me add a thumbs up also sir! Cant wait to see it with some color! Good luck...
thepenguin.gif

Glad to hear that you are moving forward on this project Matt. Nice talking to you at the swap meet last weekend.

good to see the dog getting closer to paint matt. yours,will's and everybody else's projects that are painted or close to being painted motivates the rest of us to get ours done as soon as we can.

I know I haven't been making alot of progress on the dog lately. Most recently I have been doing things like prepping bolt-on parts for reinstallation. Installed all the PST bushings in the upper and lower control arms. Had a few more parts stripped and got them painted up, backing plates, bell housing and dust cover and exhaust manifolds. Yesterday I loaded up the engine for a trip to the machine shop!

Attachments

• IMG_7690.JPG
    IMG_7690.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 763
This is like watching the worlds slowest drag race between you and Will. I am so digging it. Do you guys realize how valuable the wealth of info laid out in these threads really is?

Thanks Rev! If I had even the slightest inclination what I was actually laying down here in the big picture when I began, would I have done things differently? Part of me thinks I should have compiled it all and kept it to myself like the trade secrets and made it available for sale when it was finished. The bottom line is that I am a carpenter, this is my hobby(kind of) and I consider all you guys that have actually participated in this thread to be friends and equals. We all have things that we can gain from eachother and if we don't share in forums like this our individual outcomes may not be as good as they are. I just want to have fun and to me, this is DAMN fun!
I'm pretty sure Prop feels the same as well as Dave, Paul, Donny, Robert, Joakim, General, the list just keeps growing!

Last edited:
Thanks Rev! If I had even the slightest inclination what I was actually laying down here in the big picture when I began, would I have done things differently? Part of me thinks I should have compiled it all and kept it to myself like the trade secrets and made it available for sale when it was finished. The bottom line is that I am a carpenter, this is my hobby(kind of) and I consider all you guys that have actually participated in this thread to be friends and equals. We all have things that we can gain from eachother and if we don't share in forums like this our individual outcomes may not be as good as they are. I just want to have fun and to me, this is DAMN fun!
I'm pretty sure Prop feels the same as well as Dave, Paul, Donny, Robert, General, the list just keeps growing!

You said it all there Matt, There is three people involved in this thread alone thats helped me by the things you guys have done and links thats been sent to me because they have read elsewhere what i wanted to do, so much info and help comes from this site its just unreal, Ive never seen more guys pull together such as the ones here, and it isint just cars, fishing trips, hunting cabins, fun and vacations with the kids and family, Ive seen cool houses to beautiful furniture, the list gos on and on of good hear. Anyone restoring a car has a complete manual with pictures here, i think it safe to say the membership is worth every penny.. Rev is right very valuable information here.. One can come up with new ideas for his own car just watching and reading in these threads.

You bet Matt, fun stuff indeed...It would be safe to say it's an addiction. The amount of info I've gained from your thread and others is just about biblical. It's like a mopar encyclopedia.

Rock and Roll Brother!!

Well said Matt and Ron. Matt are you doing any type of frame stiffing on the Dog?

At this point I am not planning on any frame connectors. I'm really just after a street cruiser here with an emphasis on on quality, concistancy and longevity. I picked up a set of non HP 915s from SgtPaul that will be getting the bigger valves and some portwork. B engine Six Barrel with `69 Air Grabber set-up. Nicely balanced rotating assembly and a cam that will make some noise up front.

The great thread called DOG continues! Hey Matt, you mentioned carpentry by trade, ever hear of or see some of the Bel Geddes design stuff? I've got a customer that is a picker and he searches the entire country for this stuff, brings it to me for media blasting, and recently he scored big-time on the flip side of the sale.

Thanks for the info!!!

Quick shout out of thanks to Matt (detmatt1) and Donny (drblast) for all the posts on B restorations. Your info, especially the great photos, are helping me to plan my future restoration efforts for my 69 GTX.
I've had this since 1980, logged many many miles in it, some street racing (never beaten), Camaros and Trans Ams hate to see it. I've had it to near 200 mph (not lately, and I don't recommend that for anyone on a street or highway).

I was going to post some photos today, but I see just now that I will have to edit them and make the file sizes a little smaller.

More later.:fishin: It's Crappie time!!!!

Lots of good info in this thread- thanks very much for taking the time to share all that you've learned. It looks like a well thought out and well planned project. I am finding this thread and a bunch of other build threads to be incredibly helpful as I begin my 69 RoadRunner resto. I am taking a bunch of pics and plan to start a project thread when I get a little further along.
Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing!

Holy

Crap. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started reading this thread. Two plus hours later I have finally reached the immediate end, and man was it worth it. Awesome work and dedication on the DOG, Matt. I along with everyone else look forward to seeing it with paint. Thanks for posting all your progress...I don't have a project car yet, but I'm sure that once I do, I'll be referring to this thread and others for the huge amount of knowledge.

Your welcome guys, my pleasure! And thanks for the compliments, it's good motivation.
I think somewhere in this thread it states to check out link to my photos under my avatar for the begining of the resto and the before pics. Did you guys see that?

Hey Donny, I have heard of Geddes, great deco/machine age stuff. I am also a fan of Jean Prouve, great stuff! Love mid century modern, I have some great pieces of furniture and art and am always looking.

Geddes has designed some awesome stuff! Some of his stuff has sold at auction for 7 grand! I'm talking about a desk!

Yesterday I loaded up the engine for a trip to the machine shop!

Matt, who is doing your machine shop work? I was thinking of using Booth & Arons in Berkley or Big Dons in Hazel Park. I used B&A when I rebuilt my truck engine and was happy with the work - nothing fancy.

Koffels Place, Rich treated me very well on the last engine I had built. I'm going to have the machine work done and me and a buddy are going to handle the assembly to save some coin.

Just thought I'd add my thanks to the list, as I've been following your build with great interest for the past year or so - with dreams of one day having the time/space/opportunity to restomod a nice MOPAR of my own.

Am greatly looking forward to seeing the results from the paint shop :)

Auto Transport Service
Back