• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress report, Junkyard Dog

Matt great to see you at the swap meet yesterday. From our conversation yesterday here is your requested kick in the pants to get focused on this project. :whip2: Like I said, Donny is way ahead of you now. :rolling:

Thanks for pushing SGT...I'm looking forward to my Junkyard Dog fix as well. Been a while. Feel like a kid in a candy store waiting to see the dog come back from paint.

Seriously though, I'll be wrapping up a rather large commercial job here by next week, I fabbed 24 concrete countertops for an office remod. That among other things have been keeping me very busy.
There has been some progress on the "DOG" though, the machine work on the engine is just about done and ready for assembly and I am anxiously awaiting a progress report from the body shop. I'll keep you posted.

Seriously though, I'll be wrapping up a rather large commercial job here by next week, I fabbed 24 concrete countertops for an office remod. That among other things have been keeping me very busy.
There has been some progress on the "DOG" though, the machine work on the engine is just about done and ready for assembly and I am anxiously awaiting a progress report from the body shop. I'll keep you posted.

Yes sir! I have to admit, i to am looking forward to the Dog updates.. Last i was hear (body updates) i believe you were doing some small parts in your shortage of time because of work.. Good luck to you, im sure this will be worth the waiting!

are we there yet??? are we there yet??? are we there yet??? lol

can't wait to see the DOG in color!!! keep on truckin' Matt!

hopefully you'll be drivin' the DOG soon!! :hello2:

are we there yet??? are we there yet??? are we there yet??? lol

can't wait to see the DOG in color!!! keep on truckin' Matt!

hopefully you'll be drivin' the DOG soon!! :hello2:
:hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1:

I was thinking I might have to come down south to kick a dog in the *** in-order to see some progress..........yes?...........no?

Wow! New member here. What a great thread/project. It should be "required reading" for anyone working a resto. Picking up my '64 330 over Memorial Day wknd and I'm sure I'll be following your project to completion for tips and inspiration. Matt, you are a true craftsman!! Keep up the great work!

Reminds me of another Mopar Fanatic/Cabinet, furniture maker; Eddie Haines in Florida. Just sent the check to him for a '64-correct crossram 426 Hemi.

Matt check out the new MCG rag.Has a nice LL1 68 RR twin to yours.

I think he used DP90 and I'm not sure why it's black, but I am not a painter and also haven't talked to him yet since he sent me those pics. I'll find out tomorrow.

DP comes in several colors. Gray, Gray-Green, White, Black, Red Oxide and Blue. Its a PPG epoxy Primer/Sealer. Its sticks to almost anything and keeps it from rusting. Its considered a non sanding primer which means if you sand it you have to re-apply again after scuffing the original layers. I usually spray the DP on and then apply a fill and sand primer like K38 over it.

Just imagine when all the black AMD metal is on and the black primer. :hello2:

There's an original owner turquoise 68 here. Last I saw it had a tunnel ram on it, and it looked like you couldn't raise the hood without taking the fuel lines off :) The guy that owns it says he kept all the original parts so he can put it back to stock if he decides to.

Yeah, finally some forward progress on the body! Final alignment of the trunklid and surrounding panels, tail light buckets and the panel in between them are welded in. Go Carl GO! Thanks man!

Attachments

• IMG_8213.JPG
    IMG_8213.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_8217.JPG
    IMG_8217.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_8218.JPG
    IMG_8218.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_8219.JPG
    IMG_8219.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_8220.JPG
    IMG_8220.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 497
glad to see you get some work done on it.been awhile since i had "DOG" fix.

Go back to page 3 to see the steel false work that holds the roof in place while the cowl section was out.:grin:
Thanks again everybody for the positive feedback.

Really great work. I have been reading your threads here and I'm on page 7 or 8. Lot's more to read and just want you to know that I'm enjoying it and can't wait to return and start on mine. Keep it up detmatt1.

I'm interested. Now I really want to finish this deployment and get home. 25 more days, can't wait. I'm fired up to begin my resto on my 1970 RR 383. I plan on restoring her back to her old glory days when she rolled of the line in St. Louis.

Auto Transport Service
Back