• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

I bought the kit off of Ebay, there are several on there and all are around $80.00. I mentioned the ones not included in my post but they are the small ones on each buggy and the small one on the regulator (8 for the buggies and two for the regulator). I know it ticks me off that a kit isn't complete but the ones it didn't include were the best ones luckily. Here is a pic of what I call the buggy and the two small rollers not included (8 in total). http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...ent.php?attachmentid=153062&d=138528032699928 Here's a pic of the other one that was missing "you can tell which one is old".http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=153062&d=1385280326

Happy Happy Joy Joy

The last of my seats are done "well except the head rest". Here's some pics, the bottom was widened a little to fill it out and I made a new frame for the back which was also widened. For those who haven't read the whole thread they are Chrysler 300 rears and Stratus fronts. The rear's were cut down in the middle so I could see out the rear view mirror (where every Chebby will be haha) and widened to fill the back of the car, also cup holders were added for the kids. The fronts just got the mount modified, everything fits into the original holes except one added mounting hole for the rear seat. Can't wait to see the headrest, he's putting 747 in them in orange just like the stitching. I plan on finishing the trunk out with walls which will make a nice little storage area behind the seats accessible by folding the seats down (cleaners, tools and of coarse maybe some speakers). DSCN8728.jpgDSCN8731.jpgDSCN8733.jpgDSCN8744.jpgDSCN8743.jpgDSCN8736.jpgDSCN8734.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

He says once I get it out in the heat the leather will shrink and really tighten up getting rid of allot of the wrinkles. And yes "61" I sat in mine to I guess that makes me juvenile as well haha.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought I'd share my man cave since it's cleaner than usual right now so here it is. As you can see I'm not a neat freak and come to the garage to get things done not clean but this is clean to me. DSCN8754.jpgDSCN8747.jpgDSCN8748.jpgDSCN8751.jpgDSCN8752.jpgDSCN8746.jpg

I thought I'd share my man cave since it's cleaner than usual right now so here it is. As you can see I'm not a neat freak and come to the garage to get things done not clean but this is clean to me.

WOW . . . 747Mopar . . . on both the seats and the shop ! ! ! The seats look fantastic ! ! !

I guess I'm not going to show my shop . . . since I can barely walk around in it ! ! ! ( sigh )
My shop is probably just a little bigger than your paint booth too . . . I need to build a bigger one.

I could sure use a shop like yours . . . that's one heck of a place you got there ! !

Hey I can't take all of the credit, my dad and I built it when I was probably 18. He's a machinist and loves buying tools and machines so he's contributed heavily to it. The pics are of the 32'X60' side there's another 32'X40' on the other side that is filled with machinery "to full". I ended up building a house right across the road so it works out great. We are by no means wealthy but don't hesitate to build whatever we need "hard work goes a long ways".

747, your interior is turning out awesome, and the shop...big, fridge, stereo, bunch of tools, mopar signs.=PRICELESS

Oh damn!! Those seats look awesome, cool idea with putting 747 in the stitching of the headrests, looking forward to seeing those! And good looking shop too, probably more organized than mine is at the moment lol gotta have the fridge, tunes, and mopar signs
:eek:ccasion14:

Man 747 that is such an nice shop brother! The seats came our really nice too .. they look very comfy and classy

Hey I can't take all of the credit, my dad and I built it when I was probably 18. He's a machinist and loves buying tools and machines so he's contributed heavily to it. The pics are of the 32'X60' side there's another 32'X40' on the other side that is filled with machinery "to full". I ended up building a house right across the road so it works out great. We are by no means wealthy but don't hesitate to build whatever we need "hard work goes a long ways".

You and your dad did a fantastic job . . . I'm very impressed ! My plans are to add on to my shop - build another ( bigger ) barn/shop and attach them to give me the space that I'd like to have for all my many types of projects. Just like I built the carport . . . hope I can build a little at a time until it's done . . . but they might require a permit . . . A larger shop really needs to be in my future ( someday ).

Thanks for sharing the pictures - having the shop sure helps with building your car ( it's awesome ) . . . can't wait to see it all done. ROAD TRIP ! ! !

Thanks guys, I wish the fridge was actually a fridge but it's my paint storage. Things are looking promising for the completion by spring, as always money is the problem but may have it covered. Here's what is shaping up #1 the upholstery shop laid a pretty big job on me (replace the whole front clip minus frame rails of a Duster and now a Quarter panel) this will pay off my seats and fund the rest of the interior (headliner, custom panels, trunk, shifter boot etc). #2 building a kitchen table and bench seats for a guy, that should fund all of the weather stripping, window felt, windshield and grill trim. #3 my sister in law likes the idea of owning a new car without the payment so she wants me to do a totaled Dart for her "wheels and tires". I really hope this all works out but it will mean a dry spell in updates and hopefully a very very Merry Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving

- - - Updated - - -

You and your dad did a fantastic job . . . I'm very impressed ! My plans are to add on to my shop - build another ( bigger ) barn/shop and attach them to give me the space that I'd like to have for all my many types of projects. Just like I built the carport . . . hope I can build a little at a time until it's done . . . but they might require a permit . . . A larger shop really needs to be in my future ( someday ).

Thanks for sharing the pictures - having the shop sure helps with building your car ( it's awesome ) . . . can't wait to see it all done. ROAD TRIP ! ! !

You never know, I'd love to take it on vacation some year "Outer Banks, NC".

Thanks guys, I wish the fridge was actually a fridge but it's my paint storage. Things are looking promising for the completion by spring, as always money is the problem but may have it covered. Here's what is shaping up #1 the upholstery shop laid a pretty big job on me (replace the whole front clip minus frame rails of a Duster and now a Quarter panel) this will pay off my seats and fund the rest of the interior (headliner, custom panels, trunk, shifter boot etc). #2 building a kitchen table and bench seats for a guy, that should fund all of the weather stripping, window felt, windshield and grill trim. #3 my sister in law likes the idea of owning a new car without the payment so she wants me to do a totaled Dart for her "wheels and tires". I really hope this all works out but it will mean a dry spell in updates and hopefully a very very Merry Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving

- - - Updated - - -

You never know, I'd love to take it on vacation some year "Outer Banks, NC".

Sounds like you are gonna be pretty busy .. by the way Dante's has a special on weather stripping for 15% off plus free shipping for orders over $250

Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely be spending that nuch.

Wonder if some of that glass repair that is used to fill chips would work on long scratches. Just a suggestion.

Well got a little done "not much", the last few days have been pretty buisy as you can imagine, Thanksgiving two days in a row, lots of sled riding and even tied the tube to the 4 wheeler today and drug the kids all around the field "fun fun". Managed to start the kitchen table job that will fund allot of parts and some more work on the Charger. The wipers are officially done, thanks Roadrunner for the switch "it works perfectly" and I managed to figure out the wiring. The big news is for the first time since repainting the engine compartment I fired it tonight, with the new ignition switch installed one tap of the pedal to set the choke and it fires right up everytime "sweet". I also got the last splash shield seal so I could get them in, I've been buying all of the body seals off of Detroit Muscle "good stuff". Also uncovered a clearance issue with the brake calipers "I'll have to figure that out".

- - - Updated - - -

I got a really nice surprise Wed, I got home from work and my brother in law had split all of my firewood and even stacked it on my back patio. My wife is worried about me messing my back up again so I guess things got a little easier on me haha. He (my brother in law) and I have been friends since school and he pokes around on here to see what I'm getting done so if you see this "thanks allot bud".

Well got a little done "not much", the last few days have been pretty buisy as you can imagine, Thanksgiving two days in a row, lots of sled riding and even tied the tube to the 4 wheeler today and drug the kids all around the field "fun fun". Managed to start the kitchen table job that will fund allot of parts and some more work on the Charger. The wipers are officially done, thanks Roadrunner for the switch "it works perfectly" and I managed to figure out the wiring. The big news is for the first time since repainting the engine compartment I fired it tonight, with the new ignition switch installed one tap of the pedal to set the choke and it fires right up everytime "sweet". I also got the last splash shield seal so I could get them in, I've been buying all of the body seals off of Detroit Muscle "good stuff". Also uncovered a clearance issue with the brake calipers "I'll have to figure that out".

- - - Updated - - -

I got a really nice surprise Wed, I got home from work and my brother in law had split all of my firewood and even stacked it on my back patio. My wife is worried about me messing my back up again so I guess things got a little easier on me haha. He (my brother in law) and I have been friends since school and he pokes around on here to see what I'm getting done so if you see this "thanks allot bud".

Great news on the engine firing ! ! Bet it sounded great through those headers you built ! !

Saw your post on the brake calipers - hope that you get that all figured out quickly ! ! Kinda hard to do a test drive with no brakes ! !

WOW - what a great Brother-in-law ! ! I've got a wood burning stove too - I love it ! ! Hard work, but so nice when it's warming the house ! !

Yeah congrats on the firing .. take some video so we can see and hear too
I will for sure but need to find something better than my camera to do it with. For now I'm focused on finishing the side job so I can buy a bunch of parts, most importantly the windshield and the grill trim so I can finally put the front end together. I'm hoping someone like Roadrunnerman or someone who has done this disc brake swap will chime in. I bought all 73 B Body brake parts if I remember right, I really think that there is another caliper out there with a different hose location because I've found many pics of the same calipers mounted just like I have them.

Got it figured out, here's a pic of the 73-77 caliper and a pic of the 72 caliper "I think this will fix it". The large chunk hanging down is where the problem is so now I know "anyone need a set of 73-77 calipers haha". This will be a pricey mistake seeing how I now need hoses and calipers :angryfire:. Oh well it's my mistake, not knowing what has been done to your car can be a pain in the a$$. View attachment 154368View attachment 154369

Here's my fix for the tail light "not to proud but wattaya gonna do", the trim has allot of the studs broken and allot the plastic tabs are broken as well. I repaired a crack in the one tail light, repainted the silver and riveted the trim on, I couldn't come up with much of anything else that I trusted. I only riveted on the ends and then shot some black seam sealer in between the trim and housing to secure them "they aren't going anywhere". This is just a temporary thing until I can buy new ones.DSCN8760.jpgDSCN8762 - Copy.jpg Other than that this is what's been going on around here, snow, snow, snow. The kids have been keeping me buisy outside sled riding and having snowball fights haha "love it".DSCN8764 - Copy.jpgDSCN8773 - Copy.jpgDSCN8775 - Copy.jpg

Not many things more fun than kids, Christmas, and snow. Nice man cave also!

Auto Transport Service
Back