• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

sweet 747, gotta have fun with the kids. brings the kid out of me too. they grow up so fast so have fun with them as much as you can. keep the pics rolling in.

looking real good love the hobbit door way :headbang:

looking real good love the hobbit door way :headbang:
Haha, How did you know? That's exactly where that came from "Lord of the Rings". We were building this house about the time all of the Lord of the Rings movies were coming out and loved the round Hobbit doors so I built one for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

sweet 747, gotta have fun with the kids. brings the kid out of me too. they grow up so fast so have fun with them as much as you can. keep the pics rolling in.
Your not a kidding, I put in a real effort to stay active with them "to much fun not to". Love to keep the pics coming but that would mean woodworking pics for now until I get my fund raisers done.

Your not a kidding, I put in a real effort to stay active with them "to much fun not to". Love to keep the pics coming but that would mean woodworking pics for now until I get my fund raisers done.

Heck yeah 747Mopar . . . I do woodworking too and I'd love to see what else you're up to ! ! !

Hey bud, Good to hear your havin some fun with the kids in all this white stuff! Heck man you really didn't have to send all that this way though lol, My car cover hasn't come yet, should be here in a few days but a mix up when the wife sent for it screwed us up, anyway, My weather report says 51 for Wed.. Hope there right and you get it first, may as well take a little warm weather before old man winter sets in for a couple months! Beautiful home you have, i wouldn't mind seeing your wood working myself, especially if your working with that curly maple! :) Good luck with that wood working and my wife said she loves the color and how the light reflects off it, i do to but the envy bug struck me hard seeing your mans cave, no man, whatever model they like should be without one like it!! The Charger looks great sitting in there. ;)

Spent a little time in the trunk, with things getting to the point where I'm needing parts to do anything else I'm picking the little things and getting them out of the way. The rear wiring is done now, in the process I realized I ran the parking lights wire to the rear "good thing I wired the rear first and used that handy sheathing" what a freaking idiot. DSCN8786.jpgDSCN8787.jpg Here's a little teaser for ya Ron, Yeap it's got Curley in it but is kinda hard to really make out until you finish it. This just the roughed out top "Maple and Walnut" I've got quite a bit done on it but because we just moved the wood tools into a new building THAT ISN'T HEATED I've been bringing all of the pieces over here for gluing. Once all of the parts are over here I'll get you a pick, so far I got all the legs (table and benches) made mortises and all and the stringers. I'm typically really greedy with my Curley but this guy is really good to me and appreciates the work so he gets the VIP treatment haha.

Attachments

• DSCN8783.jpg
    DSCN8783.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCN8784.jpg
    DSCN8784.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCN8785.jpg
    DSCN8785.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 377
Hey bud, Good to hear your havin some fun with the kids in all this white stuff! Heck man you really didn't have to send all that this way though lol, My car cover hasn't come yet, should be here in a few days but a mix up when the wife sent for it screwed us up, anyway, My weather report says 51 for Wed.. Hope there right and you get it first, may as well take a little warm weather before old man winter sets in for a couple months! Beautiful home you have, i wouldn't mind seeing your wood working myself, especially if your working with that curly maple! :) Good luck with that wood working and my wife said she loves the color and how the light reflects off it, i do to but the envy bug struck me hard seeing your mans cave, no man, whatever model they like should be without one like it!! The Charger looks great sitting in there. ;)
It's great to have you back have Ron "you had me worried for a second" MIA. I'll put up some pics for you "it sure is hard working on something else with the Charger sitting right there".

Those are some lucky kids there. Great to see them having fun right there in the front yard.

The rear wiring is done now, in the process I realized I ran the parking lights wire to the rear "good thing I wired the rear first and used that handy sheathing" what a freaking idiot.

I laughed at that one 747. Makes me think of Napoleon Dynamite LOL

Those are some lucky kids there. Great to see them having fun right there in the front yard.

I laughed at that one 747. Makes me think of Napoleon Dynamite LOL
Glad you got a good laugh out my tard moment. I kept scratching my head "what is this extra wire for?" Oh well, as long as it gets straightened out now and the car don't end up looking like a Christmas tree going down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

O.K Ron and 67, you asked to see some woodwork. First two are for you 67, you said you like to carve (I cheated and used a Dremel along with the chisels). The first one is my boys toy box "thought I'd make it manly and patriotic with our last name initial in it and sword made from aluminum" it Hickory "hate working with it". The second one is my daughters toy box and is Curley Maple. There's a little story to her name plate, when she was a baby she loved to pick the purple flowers off the ground cover out front so I put it in there.DSCN8788.jpgDSCN8789.jpgDSCN8790.jpgDSCN8791.jpg

Last edited:
It's great to have you back have Ron "you had me worried for a second" MIA. I'll put up some pics for you "it sure is hard working on something else with the Charger sitting right there".

Sorry about that buddy! Just some things i am working thru, noone or nothing here at the site and no the wife and i arent at odds with each other lol, her and i both agree over 40 years together neither of us wants to start again, unless its with each other! :)
That curly looks good even in its raw state, Your friend is a very lucky guy, i would tend be a little stingy with that stuff myself if i built furniture, just to pretty! Thank you for the pictures!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, you slipped those last ones in while i was leaving a note, absolutely beautiful man!! Great work...

This one is for you Ron, you like Curley Maple "how about Curley Cherry"? The door panels are made out of Gummy Cherry "not very structurally sound but pretty". This is the master bath and everything in it, bath surround, shower and towel cabinet are all the same as this.DSCN8792.jpgDSCN8793.jpgDSCN8795.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I've always been around woodworking but quite honestly made mostly **** in my opinion until I started watching the New Yanky Workshop haha. I took interest in all the techniques he used and started realizing how bad I sucked so I had to step it up. Then I got laid off work half way threw building our home, I ended up making all of the cabinets, doors, most of the furniture and who knows what else because I had no choice so I guess that was my crash coarse.

Wow 747Mopar - is there "anything" that you can't do with the utmost quality ! ! !

That stuff is fantastic ! ! New Yankee Workshop it's not - he tends to build "beginner" thing that I see as very "bulky". Your stuff is very nicely proportioned ! !

Funny how "necessity" can lead to "experience" very quickly when it's needed . . . you sure stepped it up ! !

I posted a couple wood carvings on my thread and a set of cabinets I threw together years ago - I'll share with you too.

Oh, and I LOVE the curly maple . . . gorgeous wood grain ! ! !

"Alright" enough of the wood stuff, small progress report. I snuck into the room last night with my baby and got a few more things up and working. I now have a working power seat (only the driver is power), running lights and brake lights. I know it doesn't sound like much but when you rewire the whole car with a universal kit everything checked off without a glitch calls for a celebration. Speaking of glitches, I've about had it with the cheap auto parts parts now days, when testing the brake lights they wouldn't work at first "another brand new part that never worked" the brake switch was a no go from the get go. This makes a Ron Francis ignition switch and now a brake switch that didn't work "brand new" on this car. It's kinda got me concerned that I'll be having issues with all these cheap electrical parts and I've asked for the better stuff there just isn't anything to be had.:unitedstates:

- - - Updated - - -

Chargers progress is looking great and that's some beautiful woodwork you've accomplished there!

Thanks prop, good to see your still alive.

Before you quit the wood stuff, I have to tell you that is some great work you do! The cherry looks great, but its hard to get away from the maple :) I hope all the electrical gremlins you get fixed and it works out better then your thinking, i have issues with the auto parts anymore myself, but i wont get into that, its nothing like it used to be for, Good luck!!!

Before you quit the wood stuff, I have to tell you that is some great work you do! The cherry looks great, but its hard to get away from the maple :) I hope all the electrical gremlins you get fixed and it works out better then your thinking, i have issues with the auto parts anymore myself, but i wont get into that, its nothing like it used to be for, Good luck!!!

Well Ron, so far all my electrical gremlins have been faulty parts so that's good "I think".

- - - Updated - - -

wow you are very skilled. VERY nice.
Thanks for the kind words CDR, all you can do is try and try and eventually you'll get something right or at least half a$$ right anyways haha. You do some pretty darn nice work yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have an extra door handle linkage rod like this? I swear I can't find half of the crap for this car (it was a basket case) missing one of these, two of those, don't know what the hell that went to. To make matters worse I have Coronet parts and RR parts mixed in. On a good note I've sold some of the unneeded parts and bought things like these shiney new door handles "made in the USA". DSCN8824.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

DSCN8822.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, got my head rest back too. I like the way the top panels look in there with the seats "what do ya think".DSCN8827.jpgDSCN8828.jpgDSCN8829.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Update on the side job: table done, seats hopefully by next weak = Charger money and back to work with all the parts I'll have to install.:headbang: Until next time I run out and then it's repeat process errrrrrrrrrrr.

I like the way the top panels look in there with the seats "what do ya think".

What do you mean 747Mopar - what do we think . . . It's incredible - your interior looks fantastic ! ! ! LOVE IT ! ! !

Need an interior like yours in my Belvedere Convertible . . . that would be kick Arse ! ! !

Thanks allot guys, I've got another question. It doesn't look like the vent window frames are going to clean up so where does one find these in great condition.

Auto Transport Service
Back