• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

What size is the piston in the MC?

It's 13/16", I'm hoping it will do the job because I'm using the factory Viper T.O. and from what I've read they used a 7/8" master cylinder. That's the biggest Wilwood goes with their compact master cylinders and it's tight up there using the factory linkage hole.

Well the M.C. looks to be fully disengaging the clutch but will have to check it once I have a drive shaft so that's a plus. Things have slowed a bit with me waiting on parts but I got the new yoke and got the tranny wired.

Here's the cool connectors I've been using and the little pieces needed to do it, I paid a pretty penny for the crimpers but a look at the crimp quality and I think you'll see why I bought them.

View attachment 240527

View attachment 240528

View attachment 240529

Here's the finished product.

View attachment 240530

View attachment 240531

View attachment 240532

I love these things, these make cleaning up wiring a breeze. All you need is a 1/4" hole to shove them in, I made a few bracket to bolt onto the tranny and engine block to secure the wiring plus cleaned up under the dash with them. All they are is a Christmas tree style push in plug with a zip tie built into them "Love Em"!

View attachment 240535

The new yoke.

View attachment 240533

And this has been a real PITA, brand spanking new door handle that locks you out of your car (doesn't lock but sure as hell doesn't let you in). Turns out the tab doesn't sit in it's pocket fully and in return causes the screw to back out, had to re-bend the tab in the vice and then Loctited the hell out of it.

View attachment 240534

- - - Updated - - -

Almost forgot the biggest news break although it has absolutely nothing to do with cars I'M DEBT FREE :pink banana: I'm super excited to have paid off our house, we now have no debt at all :headbang:........... O.K maybe things like Propane, Electricity, Phone, blah blah but hey I'm happy. We sold our Aspen recently to buy me a Truck but once I found out we were in reach of paying the house off it was a no brainer, looks like the ol Dakota will have to hold in a little longer (165,000 miles).

Great job on the wiring set up. Sometimes buying the right tools is the only way to go. I'd like to say a whopping big congrats on paying off your home. That's a truly magnificent milestone that not everybody can get to these days, so well done and may you and your family enjoy the debt free life for many years to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost forgot the biggest news break although it has absolutely nothing to do with cars I'M DEBT FREE :pink banana: I'm super excited to have paid off our house, we now have no debt at all :headbang:........... O.K maybe things like Propane, Electricity, Phone, blah blah but hey I'm happy. We sold our Aspen recently to buy me a Truck but once I found out we were in reach of paying the house off it was a no brainer, looks like the ol Dakota will have to hold in a little longer (165,000 miles).

Congratulations on paying off the house !!!

Also nice work on the wiring and U joint straps. Very HD :)

What was the source for the problematic door handles?

Congratulations on paying off the house !!!

Also nice work on the wiring and U joint straps. Very HD :)

What was the source for the problematic door handles?

Thanks. If you mean supplier, it was Trim Parts. It is something that is easily fixed but you shouldn't have to fix a new part at any rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Better check my new door handles before they lock me out.
Fantastic news on the Debt Free, well done.

Just look and see how far the tab sticks into the hole on the bottom, if barely in there just bend the bracket until it is and Loctite the screw. I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to have a car that everyone knows you built lock you out :angryfire:.

- - - Updated - - -

Great job on the wiring set up. Sometimes buying the right tools is the only way to go. I'd like to say a whopping big congrats on paying off your home. That's a truly magnificent milestone that not everybody can get to these days, so well done and may you and your family enjoy the debt free life for many years to come.

You aren't kidding, with things going in the direction they are (economically) I really wanted that piece of mind so I've been smiling all week!

Thanks. If you mean supplier, it was Trim Parts. It is something that is easily fixed but you shouldn't have to fix a new part at any rate.

Yes that's what I meant. Thanks :)

Some parts are "Mopar" approved. I wonder if there is someone else making them that might be of better quality than where Trim Parts get's them. I'll check that out when it's time to buy some.

Congratulations. ...I'm so far from being able to say that....college loans....they suck. Well so do mortgages. ...

Congratulations. ...I'm so far from being able to say that....college loans....they suck. Well so do mortgages. ...

I was to stupid for college so I guessed that helped me haha, no I swore once I graduated I'd never go back and I won't. I was one of those kids that was either doodling or sleeping in class and I haven't changed, it's either full steam ahead or nap time for me.

In all honesty my dad is a big contributor to me having it paid off so soon. He bought this property when we were around 10 yrs old because it was across the road, cheap and it would give us kids somewhere to ride our bikes (build a nice motorcross track haha) so once we were all grown up I asked to buy it because I love it here. My dad being the kind of guy he is just gave it to me (11 acres), I then built the house from the ground up in order to keep the cost down and that's how I got it paid off at 38 yrs old.

This has been the greatest decision I've ever made for many reasons but the most important to me is they (mom & dad) get to be a big part of my kids life and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Sorry for the story, just thought I'd give credit where it's do.

I was to stupid for college so I guessed that helped me haha, no I swore once I graduated I'd never go back and I won't. I was one of those kids that was either doodling or sleeping in class and I haven't changed, it's either full steam ahead or nap time for me.

In all honesty my dad is a big contributor to me having it paid off so soon. He bought this property when we were around 10 yrs old because it was across the road, cheap and it would give us kids somewhere to ride our bikes (build a nice motorcross track haha) so once we were all grown up I asked to buy it because I love it here. My dad being the kind of guy he is just gave it to me (11 acres), I then built the house from the ground up in order to keep the cost down and that's how I got it paid off at 38 yrs old.

This has been the greatest decision I've ever made for many reasons but the most important to me is they (mom & dad) get to be a big part of my kids life and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Sorry for the story, just thought I'd give credit where it's do.

That's an awesome story and big props to your dad for his help! You're in a better position now than so many people 20 years older. I'm envious I can't wait for that day but since I just had to buy my house on my own 2 years ago I'm currently 23 years away!

Wiring looks professional! Real nice job brother!

I have check your build thread in a while, looking good

glad to see your paid off too,
it's a great feeling for sure

One step closer, the shifter showed up today for the 6 speed and it's SWEET (love the tighter pattern). This shifter has the 2 bolt holes making it easy for me to build a custom pistol grip shifter for it and not having to worry about it spinning loose. I'm hoping to either find a donor driveshaft to make mine or order one by the end of the week, we'll see but the white stuff is here for a while so no hurry. Feeling pretty good about wrapping this up in plenty of time for the first sign of good whether and cannot wait to row threw the 6 gears. :headbang:

View attachment 241047

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody know how the go about adjusting these shifter stops or at least that's what I'm calling them? Looks like they are just there to eliminate any excess movement?

Last edited:
I do hope Devin you make it the way you want before that white stuff stops, IF IT DOES, i have my dreams of spring time but its so cold and BLANK,y ill just dream lol...

You'll never have any more drive shaft yoke probs with the Spicer stuff... You have really done a lot of good/rad stuff to this charger, hats off dude!

I do hope Devin you make it the way you want before that white stuff stops, IF IT DOES, i have my dreams of spring time but its so cold and BLANK,y ill just dream lol...

No worries, I'm only a driveshaft away (if everything else works). I am so tired of this weather too, it's been so cold out that I'm not to excited about even working on it. Can't wait till Spring

- - - Updated - - -

You'll never have any more drive shaft yoke probs with the Spicer stuff... You have really done a lot of good/rad stuff to this charger, hats off dude!

Thanks Daytona, I'm really hoping that I love this 6 speed as much as I think I will. Your Charger is coming together great so hopefully you'll be joining us and racking up the miles soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Got a major installation at work that I'm in charge of and will be working threw the weekend so the Charger won't get any love this week :sad:. Oh well, I was thinking about leaving the interior out anyways for when Goon comes down next week so he could see what was involved (looking forward to it).

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice metal! Who doesn't like vintage metal music with their vintage metal work? Just curious, how are you going to fix the carpet? Or will that new hump be covered with the console?

I can finally answer this questions, carpet lays exactly like it did (no trimming, cutting, stretching or anything). I really don't think I made the tunnel any bigger at all but just took it from a round shape to a squared off shape to match the tranny so all is well.

Hey Dev,

I want to echo the congratulations already posted for paying off your mortgage; I can't imagine what that feels like!

The electrical connectors you're using are either Metri-pak or Weather-pak, but regardless, they are AWESOME! I used them to install the entire Accel DFI/Hilborn setup on my Vette and it made the job SO much easier. For anyone considering using these type of connectors, yes, the crimpers are expensive but I guarantee you'll know it was money well spent as soon as you start using them. I'll be using them for virtually everything on my Fury.

Take care and again, CONGRATS!

"I was to stupid for college so I guessed that helped me haha, no I swore once I graduated I'd never go back and I won't. I was one of those kids that was either doodling or sleeping in class and I haven't changed, it's either full steam ahead or nap time for me.

Sorry for the story, just thought I'd give credit where it's do."

Devin, I have no idea outside of "winter stuff" how i missed this post, Ive talked with you and at one time you wanted to have breakfast with me some place, now, PLEASE don't get me wrong, im not trying for breakfast when i tell you that i could listen to a story like this each day and welcome it, What i do know of you your as sincere as the sun coming up in the AM and im happy for you, Im going to be 60 this fall, (not looking forward to the concept) and i remember what it was like to have our land and in my case a mobile home, but payed off, clear and never to see another lein again... Congrats, some late i know but congrats, so many times i have wished things could have worked out with my "body" and what i wanted so many year ago but, What we have i thank the Lord every day for, with a sincere heart and its a great feeling knowing its yours, as long as we pay the taxes, noone can come and take it, i hope you and your family enjoy each day!!! and i AM sorry for missing this post, i must have been a little on the tired side that night which seem to be growing more and more with the tired stuff, dog-gone diabetes and COPD ill blame, the COPD i blame myself, light another smoke up RON!! YOU MORON! :)

it is looking sweet 747. very nice on debt free. it would be hard not to look at a HELLCAT. but with your charger i think you will be all right. with all these 5 an 6 speeds we be ready for the salt flats for some high speed runs...lmao

Auto Transport Service
Back