• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Hey Dev,

I want to echo the congratulations already posted for paying off your mortgage; I can't imagine what that feels like!

The electrical connectors you're using are either Metri-pak or Weather-pak, but regardless, they are AWESOME! I used them to install the entire Accel DFI/Hilborn setup on my Vette and it made the job SO much easier. For anyone considering using these type of connectors, yes, the crimpers are expensive but I guarantee you'll know it was money well spent as soon as you start using them. I'll be using them for virtually everything on my Fury.

Take care and again, CONGRATS!

It took me some time to break down and buy them (and the store owner selling them at cost) but they are sweet, I'll do all of my external electrical connections this way for now on. Thanks, yes I feel free again for sure and plan on keeping it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

"I was to stupid for college so I guessed that helped me haha, no I swore once I graduated I'd never go back and I won't. I was one of those kids that was either doodling or sleeping in class and I haven't changed, it's either full steam ahead or nap time for me.

In all honesty my dad is a big contributor to me having it paid off so soon. He bought this property when we were around 10 yrs old because it was across the road, cheap and it would give us kids somewhere to ride our bikes (build a nice motorcross track haha) so once we were all grown up I asked to buy it because I love it here. My dad being the kind of guy he is just gave it to me (11 acres), I then built the house from the ground up in order to keep the cost down and that's how I got it paid off at 38 yrs old.

This has been the greatest decision I've ever made for many reasons but the most important to me is they (mom & dad) get to be a big part of my kids life and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Sorry for the story, just thought I'd give credit where it's do."

Devin, I have no idea outside of "winter stuff" how i missed this post, Ive talked with you and at one time you wanted to have breakfast with me some place, now, PLEASE don't get me wrong, im not trying for breakfast when i tell you that i could listen to a story like this each day and welcome it, What i do know of you your as sincere as the sun coming up in the AM and im happy for you, Im going to be 60 this fall, (not looking forward to the concept) and i remember what it was like to have our land and in my case a mobile home, but payed off, clear and never to see another lein again... Congrats, some late i know but congrats, so many times i have wished things could have worked out with my "body" and what i wanted so many year ago but, What we have i thank the Lord every day for, with a sincere heart and its a great feeling knowing its yours, as long as we pay the taxes, noone can come and take it, i hope you and your family enjoy each day!!! and i AM sorry for missing this post, i must have been a little on the tired side that night which seem to be growing more and more with the tired stuff, dog-gone diabetes and COPD ill blame, the COPD i blame myself, light another smoke up RON!! YOU MORON! :)

Thanks Ron, I had full intentions of meeting you last year on my way to Carlisle but had some issues with the Charger and the 3,100 rpm cruising just didn't sit easy with me. This year if all goes well it should be 1,600rpm and hopefully all the bugs are gone so we'll see, I'll get back with you when the time gets closer. Believe me I'm planning on enjoying the debt free status all the way to the grave haha, no more.

- - - Updated - - -

it is looking sweet 747. very nice on debt free. it would be hard not to look at a HELLCAT. but with your charger i think you will be all right. with all these 5 an 6 speeds we be ready for the salt flats for some high speed runs...lmao

Thanks USA, your partially responsible for this ya know! Seeing your post about the nice freeway cruising and 150 mph joy rides sped up the process for sure. As for the Helcat....................... No Way, I'll take my bought and paid for Charger any day! No more debt

lmao...that speedo flew up to 150 for 1 mili-second and i was back out of it quickly. i know why plymouth put a nose cone and big wing in the back of that superbird now. but i will have a custom front spoiler with splitter and rear wing on it this year. i really would like to get a chance to see your car this year. let me know what shows you going too. maybe we can get together.

lmao...that speedo flew up to 150 for 1 mili-second and i was back out of it quickly. i know why plymouth put a nose cone and big wing in the back of that superbird now. but i will have a custom front spoiler with splitter and rear wing on it this year. i really would like to get a chance to see your car this year. let me know what shows you going too. maybe we can get together.

That would be great, I go to the Nats every year but seldomly get farther west than that. I will never see 150 mph so you got bigger balls than me but I am thinking about a chin spoiler as well.

USA and 747 a chin spoiler would look baddass on both your cars!

I'm happy to say I don't have to wait for a car show to meet Dev and Kahn. I'll get the opportunity this weekend to hang out with some awesome car guys, have a few laughs and come home with a tranny!... ummm transmission! lol

Devin,

Nice wiring on your car! I need to do a couple of electrical connectors to finish up my wiring, so I need to get the crimpers too. Let us know if you found any particular place to buy them from that you thought was good - otherwise I will just do a search on the internet. Also, thanks for the picture so I know what it looks like!

Hawk

Devin,

Nice wiring on your car! I need to do a couple of electrical connectors to finish up my wiring, so I need to get the crimpers too. Let us know if you found any particular place to buy them from that you thought was good - otherwise I will just do a search on the internet. Also, thanks for the picture so I know what it looks like!

Hawk

The local parts store had them listed for $77.00 which is ridiculous but like I said they sold them to me at cost, I found them on Ebay for a good price. Search "open barrel crimper" and look for the W shape crimp with multiple sizes. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Molex-Style...340?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce9429bc4

Had a nice relaxing weekend after 2 weeks of work and no time off, Larry (Kahn) and Mike (Goon) came down for the weekend for some fun and fun it was. We hit up Summit Friday afternoon so Goon could see the place and pickup his last few pieces for the T56 install and I needed some insulation to finish off my floor (finally)! Saturday started off with a nice big meat filled breakfast followed by allooooooooooooooooot of shooting and blowing up stuff haha, we shot every gun I had and then when we headed to the garage my dad had a pile of his guns laid out so more shooting followed.

Finally once we got done shooting everything we threw enough of my car back together for Goon to get a feel for the shifter position so we knew what kind of cross member he would need and got that made up for his install. Of coarse the main reason for his visit was to pickup all of his Viper transmission goodies so he's all set now to join the 6 speed crew haha. No surprise that Goon turned out to be a great guy just like he is here on the forum and we all had a good weekend, the downside is now my list of places to try and visit this Summer has grown a bit (Carlisle, Nats, NC and now Canada).

- - - Updated - - -

Since Larry and Goon helped me get the last bit of welding finished up and the insulated installed I went to the garage this morning to check the console fit again and no go, had to pull the carpet up and remove the jute that is glued to the carpet from the transmission hump area (we already have it insulated with 3/8" foil backed insulation anyways). That's all that was needed, fits perfect now :headbang:. Then I got started on figuring out the shifter, first try was a bit higher than I wanted and needed tilted forward so the second try nailed it. I have just enough height to allow for a leather boot and it falls right in my hand "perfect". My dad is all about making these cool little pieces so I'll send the plywood pattern with him so he can mill out a nice Titanium handle followed by a curly maple pistol grip to top it off.

DSCN9675.JPG

DSCN9677.JPG

DSCN9678.JPG

It was an amazing weekend and absolutely awesome finally getting to meet Devin and Larry!

Dev, Here's the pic I was telling you about with the stock pistol grip handle. if you look at a stock Mopar pistol grip handle, there are metal "tabs" at the top and bottom that help to keep the grips from moving once installed (see attached). I machine my wood around these tabs as well, so it's very important that the machine shop duplicate these on your handle. I like the look of where your wood template ends up the final product will look good in there!

Pistol Handle.jpg

Here's some pics I took this weekend of Dev's car and some of the work as the interior came back together. This Charger is INCREDIBLE in person and can't wait to get to go for a ride in this thing sometime in the future!

O1.jpgO2.jpgO3.jpgO4.jpgO5.jpgO6.jpgO8.jpgO9.jpgO10.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and a Little video for good measure :) http://youtu.be/BQXO1KMo1mM

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, if you end up having me (or my dad) make you one I'll make sure it has those on it. I really don't mess With the Titanium but after talking to my dad today I just might. It machines very nicely but I always thought welding it was a bit more involved so I left it to him, turns out it just needs purge gas or just a damn around the weld area to hold the Argon after pre purging (Argon is heavier and will lay in a contained area). This might be the beginning of some more Fer Racin parts haha. Learn something new everyday

What a GREAT weekend . . . only BAD part was that it went TOO FAST ! ! Had a great time meeting Mike ( GOON )
( for the record, he's not really a goon, he's a pretty nice, cool dude - but you can still call him GOON ! ) . . .

I got a chance to use the TIG again too, haven't used it for about 10 years . . . that was COOL !

And the shooting, company, and blowing things up was a BLAST to boot ! ! ! We need to do that again ! ! ! Soon ! ! ! ( SMILE )

what a great weekend . . . Only bad part was that it went too fast ! ! Had a great time meeting mike ( goon )
( for the record, he's not really a goon, he's a pretty nice, cool dude - but you can still call him goon ! ) . . .

I got a chance to use the tig again too, haven't used it for about 10 years . . . That was cool !

And the shooting, company, and blowing things up was a blast to boot ! ! ! We need to do that again ! ! ! Soon ! ! ! ( smile )

absolutely x 2!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the pics, if you end up having me (or my dad) make you one I'll make sure it has those on it. I really don't mess With the Titanium but after talking to my dad today I just might. It machines very nicely but I always thought welding it was a bit more involved so I left it to him, turns out it just needs purge gas or just a damn around the weld area to hold the Argon after pre purging (Argon is heavier and will lay in a contained area). This might be the beginning of some more Fer Racin parts haha. Learn something new everyday

Sounds pretty cool you're going to take a crack at working with the titanium! I guess you don't necessarily need the notches because you're making your own wooden grips too. I'll definitely need a shifter so if you or your dad are willing I'm pretty sure Kahn and I would both love something made by you guys in our cars! My layback definitely won't be as far back as yours but looks like you nailed yours with the console so I'll be watching for the finished piece!

Thanks Again for this weekend and I'll say right now to any other members if you get a chance to meet 747 or Kahn it's a must!!! 2 of the greatest guys you'll ever come across!

Sorry if this I duplicated, I tried it once and when I pushed post quick reply, it disappeared, stupid iPhone!any who I seen were some of you guys go to carlisle show and I was wondering if anyone would want to, if you don't already, meet up there and have a fbbo party? Could be fun! I go every year so I'm already in .

Sorry if this I duplicated, I tried it once and when I pushed post quick reply, it disappeared, stupid iPhone!any who I seen were some of you guys go to carlisle show and I was wondering if anyone would want to, if you don't already, meet up there and have a fbbo party? Could be fun! I go every year so I'm already in .

I've never been there but am hoping to make it this year, you bet I'd be in for a party! I try to get some guys together every year for the Nats but it never really pans out so hopefully you have better luck than I have. When it gets closer to that time just start a thread and I'll keep my eyes open.

You bet I'll keep you posted, I've been wanting to go to the nat's also so you can keep me posted there .

Hey that's really cool you guys all got together! Nothing like hanging out and blowing stuff up...lol! Good to hear you all had such a good time. That shifter handle is gonna look pretty awesome once all in!

"Nothing like hanging out and blowing stuff up...lol!" - Prop Truer words have never been spoken! hahaha

Dev looks like you're slacking! 2 whole days and you haven't MADE YOUR OWN shifter yet! haha I would have expected a driveshaft by now that you milled from unobtainum too!

Hey that's really cool you guys all got together! Nothing like hanging out and blowing stuff up...lol! Good to hear you all had such a good time. That shifter handle is gonna look pretty awesome once all in!

You bet, So far everybody I've met from here has been good guys and eager to have some fun haha. I'm a little depressed with the explosions though, we used to make allot bigger bangs when we were kids................. Dammit I just realized I never even got my Cannon out (it shoots almost a 2" projectile and makes a big boom).

- - - Updated - - -

Driveshaft is ordered, don't know when it will be done but I have enough work to keep me busy this week so it doesn't matter. On the plus it's been like Spring here all week :hello2: to bad the driveway is total Chit, I put 2 tons of the big stuff in one little spot just to keep the driveway from eating my wife's Cruze (what a mess).

- - - Updated - - -

"Nothing like hanging out and blowing stuff up...lol!" - Prop Truer words have never been spoken! hahaha

Dev looks like you're slacking! 2 whole days and you haven't MADE YOUR OWN shifter yet! haha I would have expected a driveshaft by now that you milled from unobtainum too!

No worries, I'm going to crack open that bottle of Kraken you brought me and get after it tomorrow night but if I don't get anything done it's your fault haha. Don't know when the shifter lever will be done (not going to rush dad) but I have to make a new Maple plate for the console and the pistol grip too so I'll have something to do. Also finishing up another little detail that I think you guys will like, should have a pic by tomorrow night. Everything is going back together this weekend, I was holding out hoping to get the A/C installed while the interior was out but when I asked my wife about buying the shaft she told me if I asked for one more thing that's exactly what I was getting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to back it off a notch fellas, I've got a 6 speed now which means more speed = more wind threw the window (cheap A/C, not exactly).

hey 747, hows the weather over there, whens the ORANGE GODDESS gonna stretch its legs with all those gears. if you want i can run that bad a$$ stroker motor for ya maybe 150 or 160. no charge. i can take a couple vaca days for that trip...lmao
my record is 195 on a crotch rocket. cant help it, i love speed!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back