• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

nice liitle new toy to add to the collection, the new drive is gonna look sweet when you get that done. the charger dosent like to be parked on gravel...lol
wow and your trans has got to be geared different than mine.

It is, Vipers are spec'd differently with a .74 5th and .5 6th which is nice in the fact that you can run a much lower gear but your final gear is perfect for the 3:55s I have.

Been doing allot of driving and analyzing trying to nail down the best gearing. Here's my thought, I don't like how high it's geared for 1st gear takeoffs because with my cam it likes to be in the 1,500-2,000 rpm range meaning you have to rev it a bit on takeoffs although not bad at all but it would be nice for town to have a lower gear. 6th is useless unless your doing 80+ miles per hour which I knew would be the case with 3:55s.

Here's my figures based on a 2000 rpm cruising speed and a 6000 rpm shift point.

2000 rpm 4:10, 4:30, 4:56 6000 rpm 4:10, 4:30, 4:56

1st. 15, 14, 13 mph. 44, 42, 40 mph
2nd. 22, 21, 20 mph. 66, 63, 59 mph
3rd. 30, 29, 27 mph. 90, 86, 81 mph
4th. 39, 37, 36 mph. 118, 112, 106 mph
5th. 53, 50, 48 mph. 159, 151, 143 mph
6th. 78, 75, 70 mph.

Mostly what I'm looking for is cruising speeds of 55, 65, 70 and 75 mph in the 2,000 range in 5th and 6th but not running out of gear in 4th in the quarter. Not that I'll really race it but I would love to get into the 12s with it someday even if it means a little more ponies.

If I'm reading this correctly with a 456:1 gear you'll be cruising the freeway at 70, turning only 2000 RPM? Makes me want that trans even more! LOL

hey 747, i got my new helmet if you need any help achieving any of those top speed numbers shoot me a call.

If I'm reading this correctly with a 456:1 gear you'll be cruising the freeway at 70, turning only 2000 RPM? Makes me want that trans even more! LOL

That's correct, wondering if a cooling system is in order for the diff.

- - - Updated - - -

hey 747, i got my new helmet if you need any help achieving any of those top speed numbers shoot me a call.

Don't think I'll be testing those speeds out haha.

747....wish i could zoom ...looks as if You may have put some time in on getting the bumpers in tight to the cuffs...I've got a lot of time w/ others in a 67 Poncho Goat convertible project right now...done all hotchkiss/wilwood, specialized rack , built LS-2 600+hp 550 lbs. tremec 6 spd .' billet, billet'.......the owner is a fabber (i did agood portion of body/surface tuning)..old Ponchos don't fit so well...they took new heavy bumpers from OEM tooling, stripped the really decent chrome( fit was horrid) and cut them into four sections each....jigged the sections in tight & square and filled the gaps.....knocks me out. So in looking @ Your car, wish i could see in living color....what i can see looks tight w/ lots of follow through.....for obvious reasons, my eye is critical. Doing a 62 Poncho GP right now as well....when thePonchos have color on them is when i launch what will be my # 2 "FOR ME!!" in 43 years of Hell's Kitchen. The 'Goose' on my avatar was my practice sheet back in 80, way flawed, but still proud of it. All Your own work....that is major Bro.......i Love to see the exhausted efforts of others. i got a thread...been dead, it's got some hits of things i do...if You wanna peek, Blade's Ego thread. I am impressed.

Your eyes are correct, I forget what page it's on but I'll give quick run threw of what was done. The front bumper was pretty simple, elongated the mounting holes so I could slide it back farther, hammered the rolled edges out on the ends to fill the pockets in the fenders and cut about a 1/2" out of both sides. The rear on the other hand got allot done to it, about a 1/2" out of the brackets to pull it in, 1/2" out of both sides to narrow it, 3/4" added to the tops where it wraps up into the quarter extensions, the rolled edges hammered out to fill the pockets in the quarters and 5/8" added to the whole Bottom edge. I'll check out your thread, sounds pretty cool for sure.

Nice hi-wire act 747....the pics i can see are hard to zone a lot of detail. but i knew the front left bumper wing was hugging the cuff close. Those kinds of thing draw the eye of the uneducated, their eye is pulled in even though they can't really put their finger on what it is that has them. I like all my lines to split hairs...especially the front and they split bugs in half cleanly...sharper they are the straighter they gotta be...especially a center peak on a hood. The difference it makes in visual is dramatic if You set it next to one w/ round edges. Born to block, so my praise to You comes from source. Tangerine is not an easy shoot to get even metallic/pearl layout w/o blush. i'll try to review the history cuz i'm real interested what you did underneath...and your choice of go now.
Have You looked at the 4 door Barracuda gig....recreation of a 70 one-off turn key 4 door 'Cuda. I'd hazard to say there is not more than 4000andths variation in gaps any where on car

4 door Barracuda concept car...Yeah, You got some salt!

- - - Updated - - -

Hyrdgoon, RR is handsome....Coros are my preferred, but the RR/GTX hoods are my favorite for risers...the dubble scoop and 6 pack hoods im not fond...look to much like appendages just hangin in the wind to me....so my plan is to step lap a RR center section into a flat Coro hood....hopefully nobody has done it yet. Love the Hemingway....gotta add airplanes to the mix tho.

after all this time, your still playin in the mud.

Yeap, I guess I'm just a gluten for punishment because my back is killing me already but I enjoy doing it (accept the back aches).

- - - Updated - - -

So given your math which gear are you leaning towards?

Well I'm leaning towards the 4:30s but it's close with the 4:10s, 4:56s are out.

Looks fantastic 747

attachment.php

Well I'm leaning towards the 4:30s but it's close with the 4:10s, 4:56s are out.

Wait .. what? I know you've got 6 speeds and I saw the RPMs comment .. what is the 1st gear ratio in the trans?

That is cool !

Nice hi-wire act 747....the pics i can see are hard to zone a lot of detail. but i knew the front left bumper wing was hugging the cuff close. Those kinds of thing draw the eye of the uneducated, their eye is pulled in even though they can't really put their finger on what it is that has them. I like all my lines to split hairs...especially the front and they split bugs in half cleanly...sharper they are the straighter they gotta be...especially a center peak on a hood. The difference it makes in visual is dramatic if You set it next to one w/ round edges. Born to block, so my praise to You comes from source. Tangerine is not an easy shoot to get even metallic/pearl layout w/o blush. i'll try to review the history cuz i'm real interested what you did underneath...and your choice of go now.
Have You looked at the 4 door Barracuda gig....recreation of a 70 one-off turn key 4 door 'Cuda. I'd hazard to say there is not more than 4000andths variation in gaps any where on car

4 door Barracuda concept car...Yeah, You got some salt!

- - - Updated - - -

Hyrdgoon, RR is handsome....Coros are my preferred, but the RR/GTX hoods are my favorite for risers...the dubble scoop and 6 pack hoods im not fond...look to much like appendages just hangin in the wind to me....so my plan is to step lap a RR center section into a flat Coro hood....hopefully nobody has done it yet. Love the Hemingway....gotta add airplanes to the mix tho.

Thanks Blade but I can't brag about the bodywork, don't get me wrong I'm happy with it but it has plenty of flaws and I'm by know means anywhere close to a pro or even a "good" body man. I rely heavily on the long board and guide coats to get the car as straight as I can but like I said I'm no body guy and am just lucky this orange hides allot of crap haha. The paint is House of Kolors Tangelo Pearl (translucent) over a white sealer and cleared with House of Kolors as well.

Thanks Tallhair, 1st is 2.66. I need to research 12 sec 1/4 mile times (I'd like to get it into the 12s) to see what the average top speeds are, I'd like to be able to make a pass without shifting out of 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn your fast Goon!

Thanks Tallhair, 1st is 2.66. I need to research 12 sec 1/4 mile times (I'd like to get it into the 12s) to see what the average top speeds are, I'd like to be able to make a pass without shifting out of 4th.

Ha!... That won't be a problem for me! I won't be shifting out of 3rd hehe, LOL!

747....You just said the nut, as long a board as you can make fit a given area...the mo you cut a once keeps washboards @ bay. left side of the hood looks flat and wet......i'd guess a tight color sand too, cuz i din't see mashed potatoe movement.....spongy top coats these days. I figured house of Color...looked two way flip to me.....real nice man.....and anything by anybody can be picked apart...as Lexus implies, perfection is nothing more than a pursuit....perfection itself does not exist, that car is probably straighter than You're giving yourself for,, as it should be w/ any body/paint whatever, to be Your own worst critic, when You can satisfy yourself 85%...there are plenty out Who think it's perfect, there is the percentage of critics who beat on anything, cuz they don't have talent of their own........Like isay, the Mangusta, i din't know dick then, but i did it, flipped the purists off when i fixed the beams, it was mine and it wasn't a trailer queen, it allus ran...for 10K miles on the edge...i know Geese like most that own now don't...antway, the work, flawed, flawed but some decent improvements to car and 35 years later i see it again and i too am happy and Proud,....yes. Handling that whole project on Your own is a feat.....nothing short of heroic, so what if you see a wiggle here & theere, don't tell anybody, they won't seem em 9 out of ten. I'm not trying to over patronize You Man, i'm just giving You my honest opinion based on my experience and eye. take care man...Be Proud.

A little research into 1/4 mile speeds for a 12 second car shows 111-113 mph so I'm leaning towards 4:30s now. They also give me good cruising rpm's as well so I think I'm decided.

Daaaamn! The orange goddess is looking amazing Dev! That shifter and console plate are cool as all hell (your craftsmanship put into them really shines through!) and I'm excited to hear you've got some miles put on the new t56 combo! Mine will unfortunately be waiting until next fall/winter since I'm going for the blown efi setup first, but I seriously can't wait now

Have you decided if you're happy with the 13/16" MC yet? Just saw this in a mopar muscle issue that showed up today and instantly thought of you, "american powertrain's hydraulic throwout kit" look familiar? Haha

IMAG3395.jpg

I'm also following along with the rear end gearing discussion, I had a feeling with the T56 I'd end up with something like 4.10's. Seems like that would be a decent all around combo then? Even though 1st would be a stump puller. On the last episode of roadkill I noticed their viper burnout strategy was just mashing it down in 2nd, although I'm not sure if they still use the same trans in the newest models.

Cool tip with the wiring cleanup too, I'll definitely be picking up those connectors and crimper. With the efi incoming I see a lot of wiring in my future.. lol

And wish I could've been there for the weekend with you, Larry and Mike, looks like a blast! Literally lol. What would the chances be of you guys piling into the orange goddess and making the trek over to Oregon for a few days this summer? Spend some afternoons at the river and show you how the neighbors party lol (noveske's barrel shop is right next door to my shop)

[video=youtube_share;nOaiQSp4Zwc]http://youtu.be/nOaiQSp4Zwc[/video]

I forgot to mention how the MC worked out didn't I? This is my first V8 standard so I can't make a good comparison but it's definitely not buttery easy like my Dakato but seams about as I would expect out of a performance car but maybe easier. The pedal movement is what's nice, 1"- 1 1/2" of pedal is all it takes to disengage the clutch. I've even shifted without even using the clutch without so much as a hint of any problems although I won't make a habbit of it.

As for the gearing I keep hearing the stump puller comments but if you look at the mph when shifting @ 6,000 it's not bad at all and puts you at 113 mph in 4th so I don't think it will be bad at all maybe a whole lot of fun!

I really wish I could make that trip but with a family all vacations are focused around the little ones and I couldn't imagine them in a car for that long (bad things).

We found a new way to split firewood last weekend too, turns out explosives work for that too only problem is it takes hours to find it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Man that video sure makes me want to!

Auto Transport Service
Back