• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

You're right...those Curley and Birdseye are some beautiful woods. I would imagine it would be hard to restrain from buying, being you work at a yard.

What a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet day! My first couple of drives went well with the new tranny but a small issue causing some low rpm stumbles kept me from really testing it and made takeoffs less than desirable. After some reading and picking the FBBO members brains I set out today with a plan of attack to start narrowing it down. First off before pulling it out of the garage which is really dark without the lights on I looked for arching, nothing there. Next I took the advice from the guys and started pulling plug wires one at a time to determine if I had a dead cylinder........ I made it to #2 before I got lit up like a Christmas tree! Wow that sucker hurts....... Damn near pissed my pants! That checked out good (except my arm being numb) so I decided to pull the cap and bingo! The reluctor gap was tight, almost touching so I reset it and problem solved or at least as good as I can tell from what little driving I got in. Not sure how it moved since I had set it last year but it seams to be good to go now.

We had a family night out in the Charger going to the daughters baseball practice and to the local Pizza joint with no issues so I'm pretty stoked. Now for the real icing on the cake, before putting it away I took it out by myself to finally make a couple balls to the walls passes to see just how well the tranny shifted and to see how healthy the motor felt and I'm happy to report I was not disappointed. It runs like a raped ape and the clutch is feeling better and better as it breaks in so all is good and I can't imagine what it will feel like with 4:10's.

Nothing better than all your hard work paying off! Going to be a fun summer!

What a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet day! My first couple of drives went well with the new tranny but a small issue causing some low rpm stumbles kept me from really testing it and made takeoffs less than desirable. After some reading and picking the FBBO members brains I set out today with a plan of attack to start narrowing it down. First off before pulling it out of the garage which is really dark without the lights on I looked for arching, nothing there. Next I took the advice from the guys and started pulling plug wires one at a time to determine if I had a dead cylinder........ I made it to #2 before I got lit up like a Christmas tree! Wow that sucker hurts....... Damn near pissed my pants! That checked out good (except my arm being numb) so I decided to pull the cap and bingo! The reluctor gap was tight, almost touching so I reset it and problem solved or at least as good as I can tell from what little driving I got in. Not sure how it moved since I had set it last year but it seams to be good to go now.

We had a family night out in the Charger going to the daughters baseball practice and to the local Pizza joint with no issues so I'm pretty stoked. Now for the real icing on the cake, before putting it away I took it out by myself to finally make a couple balls to the walls passes to see just how well the tranny shifted and to see how healthy the motor felt and I'm happy to report I was not disappointed. It runs like a raped ape and the clutch is feeling better and better as it breaks in so all is good and I can't imagine what it will feel like with 4:10's.

Dude, I hate being shocked! One of my worst dislikes, hope you are OK. I couldn't imagine what a Taser is like... wholly crap!

Sounds like you got the charger dialed in, that is awesome, sounds like fun. Keep up the good work and we want to see some GoPro vids of the true meaning of "Balls to the Wall"

Rule #116 - Don't grab spark plug wires while the car is running.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11200-1387394548-0.gif

Got allot of seat time today hauling the kids around for Easter at Grandma's and even took the long way home to hit some Interstate driving to see what I thought of the gearing. At 70 mph it's running 1,500 rpm and it seams to do just fine, I can even hold my speed up long inclines in 6th but the lack of rpm's is pretty ridiculous. The sweet spot for my motor is in the 2,000 rpm range so I'll be gearing it down which I'm going to like for takeoffs also (I have to slip the clutch a bit on takeoffs right now) but it will be a while before I do that.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the chances of some Go-Pro footage this weekend??? Dooooooo Ittttttttt!

I actually shot one today but uploading it was going unbelievably slow (might get done by tomorrow) so I need to figure out how to speed that up.

Getting close to wrapping up the interior, all that is left is the new console top plate. I've got it done, all stained, cleared, sanded and buffed and got the shifter boot trim made tonight. I started off just cutting one out of stainless but it looked like a cheap Autozone one so I milled one out of aluminum (much better). Also took the time to go over my pinion angles using a cool App from Tremec and ended up shimming the tail shaft up 3/8" to get it all in the GREEN.

The cheesy stainless one.

20150410_235211.jpg

The milled aluminum one with countersunk stainless bolts.

20150410_221815.jpg

20150410_235313.jpg

20150410_235320.jpg

Oh yeah, I got a new toy! It's a cute little gun, it's a Sig 9mm based off of my favorite......... A 1911.

Attachments

• 20150410_182632.jpg
    20150410_182632.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 234
lol @ 68post!

Both the stainless and aluminum looked good to me but agreed the aluminum does look better! Looks like you had another productive night Dev!

Looks like the new grips for the Sig showed up too! Lookin sharp!

Last edited:
So cool to be able to fab your own custom stuff like that! I am really looking forward to seeing a final shot of the interior.

747.......console piece is tight...elegant. picked up on the Jefferson quote

"The People Should Always Have the Right To Bear Arms.....Even if It's Against Their Own
Government" **Benjamin Franklin**

"Government is for the People, At Such Time Government becomes unto itself and no Longer for the People, it is Not Only the Right, but the Duty and Responsibility of the People to Take Back What is Theirs" unknown...inscribed into book Statue of Liberty holds.

Nice that You are tasting fruits of Your Labor of love.

- - - Updated - - -

68 POST.....my flavor too....Coro....but i'm doing a 4 door coming soon....they've grown on me and they are stiff

- - - Updated - - -

747....i went back a few pages, haven't seen the car yet, but what i've already seen speaks loudly....the wood work is beautiful,, don't have to read much to grasp a sense of Your orderedness & precision movement....nice stuff...i'll catch a peek eventually.

Here's what will be eating up my time for awhile but I'm happy to do it, my wife has put up with allot from me and the Charger haha besides I enjoy building just about anything. I had a buddy that has already done the decorative concrete come out to do the first pour to get me started but I'm on my own now. I'm doing it in short pours for 2 reasons #1 I'm mixing the concrete myself so I can color the concrete (time consuming to do after work, #2 Doing this will mean I won't have to cut expansion joints. It's a pretty cool process, mix and color the cement, float and trowel it off, sprinkle a release powder over it that actually partially stays in the cement to add an antique look, place the thick heavy rubber stamping pads on it to give it the appearance of stone and rinse it off the next day.DSCN9993.jpg

DSCN9992.jpg

Here's a few pics of the Charger, it's been a bear keeping it clean with the never ending rain!

DSCN9990.jpg

DSCN9989.jpg

DSCN9988.jpg

DSCN9985.jpg

DSCN9984.jpg

Console is still waiting on the leather boot.

DSCN9981.jpg

747's 'Tangerine Dream' eh? Seductive...love the color key...very tasty & understated inset in hood. House of Kolor.....yeah looks like a few thousand hours to me.....93 pages of thread seem to indicate that too. adds to my inspiration to get my deal launched..... ...Did You do Your own straightening/refinishing? Car has bitchen' presence.....nicely executed....Salude' Dashwork sweet and the steering wheel choice is right down the slot.

You are going to love the sidewalk. I did a deck, patio and sidewalk last summer. A lot of work but it is beautiful now! That releasing agent gets everywhere, literally.

Oh, the car looks awesome too!!

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

You are going to love the sidewalk. I did a deck, patio and sidewalk last summer. A lot of work but it is beautiful now! That releasing agent gets everywhere, literally.

Oh, the car looks awesome too!!

View attachment 251518

View attachment 251519

View attachment 251520

Very nice Grill, when it's all done it will extend into a paved parking spot for the Charger too. Just not having to deal with weeds growing threw the sidewalks and parking spots alone will be a real improvement. Yes that crap gets everywhere, I have to walk all the way out and around this area to avoid tracking it into the house.

- - - Updated - - -

747's 'Tangerine Dream' eh? Seductive...love the color key...very tasty & understated inset in hood. House of Kolor.....yeah looks like a few thousand hours to me.....93 pages of thread seem to indicate that too. adds to my inspiration to get my deal launched..... ...Did You do Your own straightening/refinishing? Car has bitchen' presence.....nicely executed....Salude' Dashwork sweet and the steering wheel choice is right down the slot.

Thanks Bladecutter, Yes I did everything on the car myself unfortunately haha (lot's of work) but hey I couldn't afford to farm anything out. I tried to walk a fine line between customizing it to my liking but keeping it very much a classic Mopar at the same time so it's always nice to here someone liking it. Glad to here your getting motivated to get yours underway, what are you working on?

Been doing allot of driving and analyzing trying to nail down the best gearing. Here's my thought, I don't like how high it's geared for 1st gear takeoffs because with my cam it likes to be in the 1,500-2,000 rpm range meaning you have to rev it a bit on takeoffs although not bad at all but it would be nice for town to have a lower gear. 6th is useless unless your doing 80+ miles per hour which I knew would be the case with 3:55s.

Here's my figures based on a 2000 rpm cruising speed and a 6000 rpm shift point.

2000 rpm 4:10, 4:30, 4:56 6000 rpm 4:10, 4:30, 4:56

1st. 15, 14, 13 mph. 44, 42, 40 mph
2nd. 22, 21, 20 mph. 66, 63, 59 mph
3rd. 30, 29, 27 mph. 90, 86, 81 mph
4th. 39, 37, 36 mph. 118, 112, 106 mph
5th. 53, 50, 48 mph. 159, 151, 143 mph
6th. 78, 75, 70 mph.

Mostly what I'm looking for is cruising speeds of 55, 65, 70 and 75 mph in the 2,000 range in 5th and 6th but not running out of gear in 4th in the quarter. Not that I'll really race it but I would love to get into the 12s with it someday even if it means a little more ponies.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back