• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Hope that takes care of that problem Dev, you deserve something to go your way!

Although I agree doubtful Just Suspension will care but if it is a $90 fix it definitely could have been a lot worse

Things are not going as planned at all! Body was all ready for touch up paint last weekend but since I wouldn't get time to paint it until this weekend I removed the leafs to get them fixed thinking I'd take advantage of the down time. Well they didn't get done meaning I can't move it outside to wash it nor can I get it into the paint booth so looks like I'm down another weak.

On a good note I finished the concrete work around the house with the help of my brother, brother in law and cousin so now the Charger will have a nice parking spot.

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0015.JPG

Another cool note is the addition of a new family member, Samson. He's part Rott and part Mastiff but one heck of a little puppy, forgot how much work they were and how sharp their little teeth are but tons of fun non the less.

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

747...Happy Mothers Day for Your Mom & Wife....Great looking Pup....if You were near, i would ask You to let Him stud my Little Girl, DanaLoo, a Yellow Lab Who stayed Pearl White w/ Amber tips....She'll be four June 1st.....if i can't breed Her before end of year, i'll have to spayHer. Have no pics to attach. I started a thread called Delay 101, a vid i have on Youtube...Dana's init

Beautiful werk in the Yard Dev

Samson is a handsome little fella! Crappy news about not getting at the charger but the new parking spot and stamped work look really good!

3.jpg
I'm posting this very reluctantly because #1 it's embarrassing and #2 It's very painful. Today I come home from work and the kids are at my moms (lives right across the road) and wanting to eat with her so I figure tomorrow being Friday I'll get the Charger on blocks while they're eating. I have 8X8 blocks about 20" long I use to sit the car on when working on things that require it to be weighted down like pinion angles so I jack it up and get blocks under all 4. I then proceed to remove the driveshaft when I hear a squeak.............. you know that one you hear when the parking brake isn't quite holding a car? I look at the tire and see it's on the edge of the block and scoot out of there to reposition the block when blam it comes crashing down seconds after I got out from under it :cwm10:. My first thought was O.K. what did I damage? The car rolled off backwards landing on the side exit exhaust shoving them into the quarter panels and doing some serious damage (both sides puckered out with cracked paint). So after I started cussing up a storm I realized the good Lord just spared me my life and I should be greatful to be alive right now and not so concerned with the dam car. I did jack it back up before leaving and saw where I screwed up, I always jack the rear first because of how far under the jack has to reach and then when jacking the front it pulls the rear tires forward even in gear (need to adjust my parking brake). Three second away from being trapped under a 3,600 lbs car is an eye opener for sure, what an idiot!

Looking at the damage makes me sick to my stomach :puke:. I won't waste anytime fixing it nor tackling the vibration issue I'm still chasing down.
Don't feel too bad bud. My SB got away from me a few years ago. Just know that you got off lucky lol.1.jpg

Wow, I'm pretty sure that would have made me puke....... literally. I know I'm lucky but set backs are always depressing especially when they get drug out.

Wow, I'm pretty sure that would have made me puke....... literally. I know I'm lucky but set backs are always depressing especially when they get drug out.
I was sick! I had just finished that car. Hadn't even driven it yet.I loaded it took it to the exhaust shop. I started it and putdown the ramps and taking chains off. I had just finished the back moved to the front. I took off the last chain and it went into reverse at high idle. It drug me about 60 feet and ran through the exhaust shop building. 10000.00 damage to the building. I was giving up at that point but good people on the sites like this one helped me out in moral support as well as their spare parts. And the car is once again my pride and joy. I never forgot the wonderful car people out there. Also why a 70 Plymouth has been named Christine for all these years. Everyone knows the car by that name lol.

- - - Updated - - -

At that point I was also told how lucky I was. A few minutes before I was under the rear of the car.I didn't feel lucky at the time but I know I was.

Nice pup, currently have 7 that look a lot like that, kinda a heinz 57 based around a lab. Sorry to see the car like that. Turns out cars are a lot easier to bring back from the dead (or a little damaged) than humans are. Nice parking spot too. with everything you've done on that, it should be fixed in no time. Be safe.

Devin,

Sorry, I am late to the game 'cause I've been getting hammered at work and then finished my steering column.

I AM GLAD YOU ARE OK and just feeling stupid. I have felt stupid and lucky a few times too, so trust me, no judgment from my end!

Nice work on the fixes so far, and nice looking driveway...

Thanks guys, I spent allot of time this weekend cleaning my slate of the other projects so with the springs scheduled to be done tomorrow I'll get after it ASAP. Still not feeling really confident about the vibration being dealt with but I did allot of good for the slip yoke regardless so we'll see. If I didn't get it I'm all out of ideas????????

I did go to a car show with the family today that was a fund raiser for "Dogs 4 Warriors", they train dogs for PTSD Vets. I had little Samson with me and got to talk to the trainer about the Mastiff breed, I was happy to hear her confirm they are gentle giants but are stubborn out of laziness haha (my kind of dog).

- - - Updated - - -

Nice pup, currently have 7 that look a lot like that, kinda a heinz 57 based around a lab. Sorry to see the car like that. Turns out cars are a lot easier to bring back from the dead (or a little damaged) than humans are. Nice parking spot too. with everything you've done on that, it should be fixed in no time. Be safe.

Thanks Cudas, your right about cars being easier to fix for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I was sick! I had just finished that car. Hadn't even driven it yet.I loaded it took it to the exhaust shop. I started it and putdown the ramps and taking chains off. I had just finished the back moved to the front. I took off the last chain and it went into reverse at high idle. It drug me about 60 feet and ran through the exhaust shop building. 10000.00 damage to the building. I was giving up at that point but good people on the sites like this one helped me out in moral support as well as their spare parts. And the car is once again my pride and joy. I never forgot the wonderful car people out there. Also why a 70 Plymouth has been named Christine for all these years. Everyone knows the car by that name lol.

- - - Updated - - -

At that point I was also told how lucky I was. A few minutes before I was under the rear of the car.I didn't feel lucky at the time but I know I was.

Wow, now that I've heard the whole story I can't imagine the thoughts that were going threw your head. That had to be scary as hell not to mention gut wrenching, glad to hear you pulled threw and got it straightened out.

I'm starting to wonder if this car will ever get fixed........ Finally got time in the garage and got it all sanded, washed and ready to go but when I went over today my back wouldn't let me get it done. I managed to get the bottom of the car masked off but only because I could do it laying on a creeper:angry1:. I took a soak in the Jacuzzi followed by some ice on the back as well as hanging upside down hoping that I can get enough relief to take another stab at it. Man I wish bodywork and paint was a quicker process than it is!

I look at guys like USAroadrunner and Daytonakid and think "suck it up pussy". I'll get it

- - - Updated - - -

Almost forgot my callouts are being made right now, Emblempros have proven to be great guys to deal with. I sent them a stencil to be sure the dimensions were correct and after 2 Emails they nailed it. The callout will read 456sixspeed much like the original 440magnum emblem with a black background, red lettering and 456 in bushed stainless. Can't wait

Almost forgot my callouts are being made right now, Emblempros have proven to be great guys to deal with. I sent them a stencil to be sure the dimensions were correct and after 2 Emails they nailed it. The callout will read 456sixspeed much like the original 440magnum emblem with a black background, red lettering and 456 in bushed stainless. Can't wait

Sounds very cool, I can't wait to see it!

Well I woke up at 5:00 AM today and after a little moving around I realized the pain was minimal so I high tailed it to the garage and let's just say there's a ORANGE hue floating around just outside the small town of Newcomerstown haha. She's back in business after several hours of masking, sealing, spraying base and clear and now just requires some wet sanding and buffing to blend it in. I haven't pulled the masking yet but I'm hoping rolling the tape edge softened the line to where it won't require much work.

Boy does it feel good to have it painted again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's baby Samson and my boy, he's doing really well with his transition and slowly my Rott is starting to tolerate him haha. Fun little pup for sure.

20150517_122731.jpg

20150517_122801.jpg

IMG_03481.jpg

Glad to hear the painting got done! I'm sure that feels like a ton of bricks lifted off your shoulders! At least it would for me

Samson is gonna be a big fella by the size of those paws! I'm sure Sadie will warm up to him when he's not driving her nuts hahaah!

Yes it's a huge relief, with my truck only being a 2 seater not having the Charger on the road leaves me and the kids without transportation when the wife is gone when I'd like to be going to the park or something so indeed I'm happy. I pulled the masking and am very happy with it, no buffing required even to blend the new paint!!!!!! I tried a little trick and boy did it work nicely. I double masked the line and rolled the edge back on the tape and then spayed the base, next I pulled that tape off and rolled the edge of the next layer of tape and sprayed the clear and there's almost no tape line at all. rolling the tape doesn't leave that really sharp tape line and by pulling the tape and offsetting the clear it doesn't get all of the buildup in one line smoothing it out better and eliminating the risk of exposing a little base on the tape line. I could literally buff for a minute on both sides and what little line there might be will be gone. Here's some pics right after pulling the tape.

The first 2 pics you can see a little of the scuffed area that will need a light buffing to get the shine back.

This booger has been bothering me forever, like an idiot I held the hood release one day while shutting the hood and the hood safety catch put a hell of a booger in the paint. Thanks to Kahn getting me a set of sweet hood pins that miserable head spike is no longer in action so I shouldn't have to worry about this ever again haha.

20150517_170350.jpg

This spot was my fault as well, all of the welding on the hood must have warped the bottom of the hood just enough to rub threw the paint right here so now I no longer have to look at it either.

20150517_170338.jpg

And of coarse the quarters that I smashed.

20150517_170319.jpg

20150517_170314.jpg

20150517_170256.jpg

20150517_170245.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Question, while doing the repairs on the rockers (a couple nasty chips) it brought my attention to all of the little nicks from rocks so now I'm thinking about putting a chip guard on them, Any suggestions? I know it's not all that appealing to the eye but I drive this allot and on allot of chip and seal roads so I'd rather have a textured clear layer on it then a bunch of chips. I used SEM's chip guard on the underside of the rockers and it wanted to lift the paint so I need something not so potent or maybe just let the paint cure longer this time?

Man looking good! Don't see any orange peel. Clear can be hard (or at least to me) to get a good wet coat with out orange peel. Any way thumbs up. I know just how it is to fight pain that keeps you from working on things. I have 3 herniated disc in my neck all connected. If I do too much they settle on the nerves and I go paralyzed in my left arm. Great looking paint job! I seen something on TV that can be sprayed on and pealed off later just cant remember who made it. It was a clear and chip protector.

Man looking good! Don't see any orange peel. Clear can be hard (or at least to me) to get a good wet coat with out orange peel. Any way thumbs up. I know just how it is to fight pain that keeps you from working on things. I have 3 herniated disc in my neck all connected. If I do too much they settle on the nerves and I go paralyzed in my left arm. Great looking paint job! I seen something on TV that can be sprayed on and pealed off later just cant remember who made it. It was a clear and chip protector.

Thanks! I've had my share of orange peel for sure, it's a very, very fine line between orange peel, runs and smooth and I usually don't achieve the preferred haha. I had the garage up to 93 degrees and got a couple runs anyways but I'll sand out a few runs versus sanding orange peel any day. I'm getting an MRI tomorrow so hopefully I'll at least have answers soon, if only I could go back in time and listen to my elders.

I'm getting an MRI tomorrow so hopefully I'll at least have answers soon, if only I could go back in time and listen to my elders.

Well good luck. And Amen to going back in time. I had my MRI and mine are all together so I was told they cant do anything. If they fuse 3 it will put too much strain on the upper and lower ones. All goes back to a day when I thought I could ride anything with hair on it lol... I get by OK could be worse. Just have to do things slowly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto Transport Service
Back