• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

dam 747, it seems like i keep repeating myself, but it just looks awesome. love your ideas, love that orange, your scoop you made, and you are correct, the stance is KILLER. Once again you did an excellent job.

Here's my favorites from the show and yes there was several Chargers but they were shall we say mostly stock and boring so here's my picks.

This Barracuda is a beauty but the pic don't do it justice at all.

20150524_105404.jpg

The next 3 are of a work in progress seriously sick RR.

20150524_110003.jpg

20150524_105954.jpg

20150524_105946.jpg

Loved this 66 Belvy and the body color steelies looked sharp on it.

20150524_105801.jpg

Love the Furry III.

20150524_105726.jpg

Nice six pack RR.

20150524_105630.jpg

All I can say about this one is BOING!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet car!

20150524_105620.jpg

What can I say, I like Barracudas!

20150524_105435.jpg

This Cuda just looks fast, very nice but last year he was taunted into a burnout and let's just say it "looks" fast. haha

20150524_110225.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

dam 747, it seems like i keep repeating myself, but it just looks awesome. love your ideas, love that orange, your scoop you made, and you are correct, the stance is KILLER. Once again you did an excellent job.

Thanks USA, appreciate the compliments and can't wait till the Nats to finally meet up! Going to be fun

SWEET . . . X2 . . . incredible ! ! !

very nice. and good show too. lots of nice ones there. your car should have stood out very nicely.

Your orange beast turned out great Devin. I'm not really a fan of the bigger than 15" wheels, but have to admit that they look right at home on that car. The tire/wheel/stance/color combo is perfect. Sure hope you get that vibration bug figured out - those little things always bother me too.

Dev your car just looks Off the Hook incredible! absolutely gorgeous inside and out!

And you were right when you said last night that Pro-Street RR is just plain Badda$$

Just plain bad ***, looks like you had a blast and tons of nice cars. Thanks for sharing!

Your orange beast turned out great Devin. I'm not really a fan of the bigger than 15" wheels, but have to admit that they look right at home on that car. The tire/wheel/stance/color combo is perfect. Sure hope you get that vibration bug figured out - those little things always bother me too.

Thanks allot Hunt, it's always good to be open minded haha. I for one like them both ways as long as they're not skinnies on the back. As for the vibration I'm on to another possibility that I hate to admit but it is possible (my exhaust). I just took the guy that taught me much of what I know (a friend of my dads and a Chevy) for a ride and was bouncing around ideas. Just about everything that could cause this has been eliminated with the tranny swap, new gears and bearings, new driveshaft, new tranny, pinion angles checked, everything checked for clearance and even got the springs straightened out but the exhaust is still their and this vibration could very easily be exhaust resonance? I don't know but I'm thinking about throwing together a super cheap setup just to see what happens. Next step might be to get the help of a pro which I've yet to find.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest thing about my exhaust that makes me think it could be it is I made it out of 16 gauge stainless and with the open Flowmaster design I imagine that 16 gauge could be moving like a balloon in the bigger open areas. That's probably why Flomasters are so heavy (thick metal) so they don't flex? This might lead to a rear exit which I really don't want to do but I'll think of something to make it look good.

- - - Updated - - -

Just plain bad ***, looks like you had a blast and tons of nice cars. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks MT, sure was a blast and getting to spend the day with the daughter with the windows down and the stereo up just felt like things were back where they should be again.

- - - Updated - - -

Dev your car just looks Off the Hook incredible! absolutely gorgeous inside and out!

And you were right when you said last night that Pro-Street RR is just plain Badda$$

Thanks Goon, appreciate the kind words especially from someone with such a bad RR yourself!

- - - Updated - - -

very nice. and good show too. lots of nice ones there. your car should have stood out very nicely.

Thanks, yeah it stands out just a bit haha. My wife tries to say it's to "LOUD" (not literally but bright) like I did it to get attention but this is just me nothing more nothing less just having fun and fun it is. I've liked Orange muscle cars with scoops, stripes, cartoon characters and everything else Mopar did that was out of the norm which is why I'm a Mopar fan not to mention they built the best motors ever.

- - - Updated - - -

O.K. If I find that the exhaust is indeed the culprit I need to start thinking about what to do next? I'm 100% certain that even if it isn't the exhaust I will at least gain some sanity, funny thing is the car isn't loud at all just the interior resonance can be a bit much. If I change the exhaust the X pipe will remain back to the mufflers and I'll build all new from there back but want it louder (outside). What mufflers are fairly loud but don't resonate?

I love my dynomax Ultraflos and used them because they had the right offset. Had I not needed an offset I would have gone Borla XR1's.

There was also another post here about a new company called Black Widow. I've been following their Facebook page and they have lots of sound bites. It's definitely a muffler I would consider if I was doing it all again.

I think the Borla's and the Black Widow's have a bit more of a "rasp" to them which I find makes it feel real racecar (ummmm.... FER RACIN'!!) My Ultraflo's are a deep tone and are loud when you get into it but relatively quiet otherwise (sometimes not as obnoxious as I would like which is why I'm still debating cut-outs... think my gf may get them for my bday :)

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2eIyHhUcak

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.blackwidowexhaust.com/

To late Goon, I was Ebay shopping and came across 2 stainless 3" Magnaflo's for $60.00 1 hour away and bought them. Just about all stainless mufflers are $100 + plus these were one of the ones I was considering Dynomax being another.

Devin,

Your car is just off the charts cool AND nicely done. It is where great ideas and good workmanship come together.

I wish I had your skills, but I will just limp along with what I got. Will we see you at Chrysler's Carlisle this year? If so, I'd love to check out your car in person. In the mean time, ENJOY IT. It is awesome...

Hawk

To late Goon, I was Ebay shopping and came across 2 stainless 3" Magnaflo's for $60.00 1 hour away and bought them. Just about all stainless mufflers are $100 + plus these were one of the ones I was considering Dynomax being another.

great minds think a like i got me some ss magnaflows also. im taking off the flowmasters super 44 with 1200 miles on them. they had a drone an they were loud.

I've been following your resto thread for quite some time. I remember way back when everyone was questioning the scoop choice. You just kept saying be patient it'll work out in the end. This is my first comment on the thread and I have to tell you how much I admire your skills and determination. I wish I had 1/10 the skills you represent. Your charger turned on wicked bad on the good side of things. An oh yeah - that scoop - right on. The cars a beauty. Your should be proud of your work! Love to see it in person....Rock on!

Sounds like a good score and I have been told multiple times Dynomax and Magnaflo sound virtually the exact same

Devin,

Your car is just off the charts cool AND nicely done. It is where great ideas and good workmanship come together.

I wish I had your skills, but I will just limp along with what I got. Will we see you at Chrysler's Carlisle this year? If so, I'd love to check out your car in person. In the mean time, ENJOY IT. It is awesome...

Hawk

Thanks Hawk, you don't give yourself enough credit and trust me I know because I've been watching that car come together. As for Carlisle, all I need is an excuse to go............... and getting this all sorted out because I can't take a 5 hr drive the way it is! The likely hood of me being there is pretty good but know promises.

- - - Updated - - -

great minds think a like i got me some ss magnaflows also. im taking off the flowmasters super 44 with 1200 miles on them. they had a drone an they were loud.

I've always been a Flowmaster guy but I think I'm changing a bit or I should say my use of the Charger compared to past cars is changing. I drive this one farther, more often and haul the family around quite a bit so needless to say I'm over the drone. I know mine are homemade but they are internally a copy of the super 40s and live up to it haha so out they go. There's other reasons to, still sick over the quarter damage, the car is even lower meaning I'll be tucking things up in very tight now, sick of cleaning the quarters and I never liked the way they had to go under and then point back up again (need to come out flat which is impossible).

Just realized their not Magnaflows, that's what Ebay shopping on a little phone will do to ya haha. They're Magflo's.................. very, very clever. Oh well, after seeing that I really looked them over and they look really good and know different than any of the leading names so we'll see. Truth be told I'm not giving anybody $75.00 - $100.00 for 1 freakin muffler anyways, tired of bending over for a name brand. On the down side I bet they're Chinese and that will erk me a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been following your resto thread for quite some time. I remember way back when everyone was questioning the scoop choice. You just kept saying be patient it'll work out in the end. This is my first comment on the thread and I have to tell you how much I admire your skills and determination. I wish I had 1/10 the skills you represent. Your charger turned on wicked bad on the good side of things. An oh yeah - that scoop - right on. The cars a beauty. Your should be proud of your work! Love to see it in person....Rock on!

Thanks GetX'd, I really appreciate the compliments! I've said it before and I'll say it again, if only you guys could see how much I screw up you'd think differently but I just keep pushing forward until it works out. Glad you like the outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Here they are Goon, I don't think they look bad at all. Here's the aggrevating part, when you google the part number they clearly come up as Magnaflows so a bit of false advertising in my opinion.

$_57.jpg

$_12.jpg

Last edited:
Ya that's definitely some misleading advertising. They do look decent though! Hope they give the tone you're looking for minus the drone.

I can relate on not wanting to spend name brand money either. I'm definitely in a tired of spending mood these days!!

wow dev, those do look nice, not much difference at all from my magnaflows. i will post a pic of them tommorow.

Yeap they look alike, it will be interesting to see if they have a true 3" internal tube and what grade of stainless they are. Thanks CDR

Auto Transport Service
Back