• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RPM limiter question

Loulang

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
I have a mopar 383 with edelbrock e street heads with springs changed and thicker push rods were installed I have a cam and it’s a roller not flat. I will include my cam card and build sheet. Just would like some opinions on we’re a safe limit will be. Our if anyone has a similar build were is yours at? I do also have the complete Holley sniper setup Thanks in advance

BB5DFFCD-F85C-4B3A-9F1D-FD1D63D3D38B.jpeg

91D30B35-9C32-430E-BDEC-87D7392BAE25.jpeg

6500 would be fine. Doesn't mean you have to go there if you don't want to.

6500 would be fine. Doesn't mean you have to go there if you don't want to.
Thanks, ya I’m definitely not trying to hurt her I only have 1300 miles on it so far. Maybe I will just put it at 6000. I just didn’t wanna over rev it when I do a burn out at or leaving a car show.

I would set your rev limiter at 6500, and plan to shift at 6000-6200, and experiment from there. (My solid lifter 440 will happily rev to 6500, but it runs just as quick shifted at 5900 as 6200)
And I would try very hard NOT to hit the rev limiter in the burnout box.
And there's nothing wrong with setting it lower for safety reasons.

Last edited:
The cam may let you go there but you have to have oil to keep it together. Keep an eye on the pressure gauge. I put an idiot light on mine right in front of my face.

My motor has a high volume and oils through the pushrods. She gets plenty of oil but I will definitely watch my gauge. Thanks

I’m not sure how that works, but yeah keep an eye on it.

The secret is not only in the ,pumps plenty of oil
But that there's, plenty of oil in it .

I think what padam is getting at is----watch that it's not pumping out faster than the oil can return. More so with a h/v pump.----------I think--lol

Auto Transport Service
Back