• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Salvaging Uni-body parts for a 69 Charger restoration

If you are needing this much metal, why not have just drilled and welded the charger roof/ rear structure onto the 4 door? Its all going into the charger anyway.

You know, I did actually think about doing this. But changing roofs scared me!

Ok, time to remove the front floor pan.
It took a while but I got it out! Enjoy the pics.

P1010001.jpgP1010002.jpgP1010003.jpgP1010004.jpgP1010005.jpgP1010006.jpg

Overall the metal is pretty good.
I will need to buy some patches for the front foot well area.
Does AMD have these? Can anyone recommend who else might have them?

P1010014.jpgP1010015.jpgP1010016.jpg

Looks like you have the spotweld cutter tuned to perfection. Are you sure you don't want to take moparmarks up on his offer?

Looks like you have the spotweld cutter tuned to perfection. Are you sure you don't want to take moparmarks up on his offer?

Thanks Elk, Its a lot of spotwelds thats for sure!
I will keep his offer in mind. I may need a side job to pay for all the parts my Charger will need!
i-m-broke.gif

Overall the metal is pretty good.
I will need to buy some patches for the front foot well area.
Does AMD have these? Can anyone recommend who else might have them?

Try Sherman & associates
http://www.shermanparts.com/ecat/base/index.php

Thanks Matt, has anyone patched the floor pan in? Any tricks to it?

Before you buy pan pieces, let me send you pics. of some extra pans I have that maybe you could use. I was going to patch like you are, but decided to replace the whole thing with a full floor. I'll be out of town today but can take some pics. tomorrow.

Hey Don,
Here is a picture of what I have that I wont be using. They were 2 piece pans, but I had the guy I bought them from cut them in half so shipping would be cheaper. They are cut about 6 inches behind the torsion bar crossmember. Not sure of the brand, but they were not coated with anything from the factory. There was light surface rust from sitting for years. I sand blasted and epoxy primered them. Shoot me a pm if they would interest you.

P2030292.JPG

Alright, time to get this car broke into front and rear clips.

I removed the left outer rocker. Found another mouse house.

P1010012.jpg
P1010013.jpg

Here are a couple of pics showing the inner gussets

P1010015.jpg
P1010016.jpg
P1010017.jpg

Dropped the K frame
P1010018.jpg

Drilled out and removed the right side inner rocker

P1010021.jpgP1010022.jpgP1010023.jpgP1010024.jpgP1010025.jpg

Here are a couple of pics showing the front and rear frame rails and where the inner rocker was spot welded to them

P1010026.jpgP1010027.jpgP1010028.jpg

Pick up any floor panels (aside from buying from a member) through www.rockauto.com and get the sherman's. Cheaper through rock then from sherman direct and if you look in the general forum I posted a 5% off discount code. I used them, fit just fine.

awsome job saving all that metal. there's a '68 road runner over on the 'parts being done the same way.

The time alone is amazing with all you've done, This is way to cool how your saving money and using metal from another Mopar so its not a wasted car! Good luck..

I've read this thread through a few times, makes me want to cut some spot welds out right now!! Who knew?

mopar4don you have opened a great door for some of us by doing a thread on how to take a car apart for reuse another car.

mopar4don you have opened a great door for some of us by doing a thread on how to take a car apart for reuse another car.

Thanks Reb,
I haven't seen a thread with a subject like this so I thought I would do one. But believe me when I say I am learning as I go!

Last edited:
This thread should definitely give inspiration to those that have the fear of taking on a project at this level, nicely done.

Auto Transport Service
Back