• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shop safety

My father taught me to never leave anything hooked up back in the 60’s.
Yes the bigger problem is if a tool fails and it's leaking air and the compressor is still on, then it will run for hours and days until it is found.

Looked at the chuck today. The threads aren't stripped, clean as if new, and I can set the thread in section right into the female portion. I guess years of 100 PSI expanded the female shell... in the big bin she goes.

Looked at the chuck today. The threads aren't stripped, clean as if new, and I can set the thread in section right into the female portion. I guess years of 100 PSI expanded the female shell... in the big bin she goes.
Forgot to mention, if I am not using the compressor for awhile I shut it off.

Get rid of that chuck...get one of these!

20240921_102010.jpg

You had me worried after reading halfway through your post. Glad it was a happy ending!

I have a main disconnect on my panel as I exit the garage. That gets turned off as I leave. I also have a ball valve between the compressor and dryer that gets turned off when the compressor is not in use. I've seen hoses develop a bubble and burst overnight.

Working in shops all my life you see things happen. I can't say I ever saw an air chuck come apart that way though.

Auto Transport Service
Back