• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sick of crappy parts

By posting this I am trying to get the word out, but all you guys already know what I'm talking about this is no surprise to any of us. My main problem is it isn't getting any better and these company's knowingly sell this garbage. That's why I named them in this post because they all sell the same crap. It's time to go old school and restore orginal parts or pay through the nose for Nos

Have a seat and let me tell you tales of my junk parts lol.

New Holley red pump, leaked like a sieve
New Holley fuel regulator didn't regulate
Repro Turn signal switch broke in a month.
Jegs muffler exploded
Gas tank filler tube seal cracked and hard within a year.
Glasstec hood with wrong mounting bosses.
Repro positive battery cable was loose in the battery clamp and creating high resistance heat and slow cranking.
Cooper Cobras sent out mounted with obvious sidewall defects and bulged.
WheelVintique steel wheels unbalancable due to locator being off center.
Mancini throttle cable that wouldn't go full throttle due to wrong ferrule length.

I can think of more, hold on...

Have a seat and let me tell you tales of my junk parts lol.

New Holley red pump, leaked like a sieve
New Holley fuel regulator didn't regulate
Repro Turn signal switch broke in a month.
Jegs muffler exploded
Gas tank filler tube seal cracked and hard within a year.
Glasstec hood with wrong mounting bosses.
Repro positive battery cable was loose in the battery clamp and creating high resistance heat and slow cranking.
Cooper Cobras sent out mounted with obvious sidewall defects and bulged.
WheelVintique steel wheels unbalancable due to locator being off center.
Mancini throttle cable that wouldn't go full throttle due to wrong ferrule length.

I can think of more, hold on...
Boy and I thought I had it bad lol . I'm complaining about aftermarket reproduction parts don't get me started on rebuilt parts. Like the rebuilt power steering pump that leaks almost as bad as the original or the rebuilt master cylinder that leaks with in the first year or the 4 shitlock aka whitlock alternators I went through in first 4 years I own the car then I put a rebuilt Napa alternator in and it's still good 26 years later.

Fixed it for ya Mike :lol:

1722912504861.png

Is that mounted on the side of the frame rail or the top?

1722948336857.jpeg

Here's a pic of the correct location for a 70-71 E-body:

IMG_1557.JPG

Last edited:
The speedo cables junk also. As soon as you take out of package the clip breaks off

The speedo cables junk also. As soon as you take out of package the clip breaks off
I got my last cable from NAPA 10 years ago. Worked perfect. Probably junk now.

I find these threads hilarious. People can’t buy perfect niche reproduction parts online for 60 years old cars for cheap. What the hell is wrong with the high quality domestic manufacturing companies not making parts for your 60 year old car? They must not know how important it is to you.

Why exactly do you think they are Chinese parts?

Here’s a news flash for you. Up next, no parts. In 20 years, you’ll wish you had cheap Chinese parts.

I find these threads hilarious. People can’t buy perfect niche reproduction parts online for 60 years old cars for cheap. What the hell is wrong with the high quality domestic manufacturing companies not making parts for your 60 year old car? They must not know how important it is to you.

Here’s a news flash for you. Up next, no parts. In 20 years, you’ll wish you had cheap Chinese parts.
As fastback owners I think we never really boarded that train. It was always old school for us. No new parts waiting at 7-11. Finally they started making a few pieces of trim but it was mostly crap.
Has anyone ever made a true door panel for a Charger?

Most of us will be dead in 20 years. So, we'd better gripe about the cheap parts from the CCP while time permits.

Last edited:

applause gif.gif

The people whining about cheap Chinese parts today are the same ones who were whining about expensive repro parts yesterday.

The Chinese have stepped in and make anything to a price point - the whiners have determined how low that point is.

Guess what....you whiners got what you asked for......congratulations. :thumbsup:

BTW...it sucks to be the rest of us. :thankyou:

The people whining about cheap Chinese parts today are the same ones who were whining about expensive repro parts yesterday.

The Chinese have stepped in and make anything to a price point - the whiners have determined how low that point is.

Guess what....you whiners got what you asked for......congratulations. :thumbsup:

BTW...it sucks to be the rest of us. :thankyou:
It's the classic case of you get what you pay for. I personally will pay for quality. My biggest complaint is these so called reputable companies are selling what they know is junk and they don't care. I ordered a pair of orginal windshield washer squirters and an original positive battery cable bracket and this weekend I will post side by side photos. There is a noticeable difference between the factory parts and the aftermarket.
Now you are thinking why didn't I do that form the beginning ? The aftermarket squirters came in a kit. My car was missing everything including the squirters so I had nothing to compare them to, but the fitment sucks so I went on the hunt for correct ones. The positive battery cable bracket is tucked down in a hard to see spot and all I knew was the fold over tabs were broken off. When I remove the original one I realize what a POS!!! the aftermarket one was. Stayed tuned for photos.

Last edited:

Here’s a news flash for you. Up next, no parts. In 20 years, you’ll wish you had cheap ther

There is a huge difference between a perfect part and a part that functions as it should. I'm not going for a concourse restoration if I was I would just buy Nos parts, but I need the part to atleast function as it was intended to. Look at the pics I posted and tell me if you find those aftermarket parts acceptable? If your a company that specializes in niche reproduction parts for 60 year old cars then yes I expect the part to function as it is intended to and be as close in appearance as possible

owned a VW repair shop for 40+ years...in the 80's the market got flooded with Taiwan repop stuff that was pure garbage, as VW owners were basically penniless...didn't fit, fell apart, chrome that rusted in 3 months, rubber that dry rotted in a year, etc etc etc...huge glossy catalogs of all the same crap from the same suppliers...our standard saying was that everything was available to restore a VW, but none of it worked...and by the time these poor suckers amassed all this crap the window to return it was long over...I was so paranoid of this aftermarket crap that I was amazed how good the Chevy and Mopar stuff was by comparison...

There is a huge difference between a perfect part and a part that functions as it should. I'm not going for a concourse restoration if I was I would just buy Nos parts, but I need the part to atleast function as it was intended to. Look at the pics I posted and tell me if you find those aftermarket parts acceptable? If your a company that specializes in niche reproduction parts for 60 year old cars then yes I expect the part to function as it is intended to and be as close in appearance as possible
I have to agree there. If you get a part that flat out is wrong the supplier needs to know about it. Whether they do anything about it is their choice but if they at least don't offer a refund you'll know who not to buy from. They need to know that as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back